Do something about the player count in folrart

User suggestions to improve the game

Do something about the player count in folrart

Postby ForgotPassNotWorking » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:04 pm

The number is awfully small and at high times it's about 10 duels total which is still incredibly low. Right now there are 5 active duels (yes i just checked).

10 duels at any given time is VERY LITTLE. WAY TOO LITTLE. I hope you understand this and also take note of the fact that this is still an optimistic, it's usually even lower than that.

This means you need to do something immediately about it. Otherwise there is no reason to play. If you do play you will often get the same players over and over again and thus face the same strategies although there are hundreds of cards released.
Your errata as good or bad as it was didn't change the player count too much.
I like Alteil a lot! Alteil is awesome! HAHAHAHA
ForgotPassNotWorking

Re: Do something about the player count in folrart

Postby fargone » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:36 pm

Pera, in one thread you question them for advertising when they are not yet ready to bring in new people.

In another thread, at another time, you question them for not advertising and increasing the numbers.

While I do find it amusing, I often find I get better results if I pull in just one direction at a time.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby angelspawns » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:23 pm

What a silly suggestion. Alteil should get less people to play their game. :?
angelspawns

Postby justtmpuser » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:53 pm

inb4 this game is dying and signed DNR, so just let it go.
justtmpuser

Postby ForgotPassNotWorking » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:24 pm

fargone wrote:Pera, in one thread you question them for advertising when they are not yet ready to bring in new people.

In another thread, at another time, you question them for not advertising and increasing the numbers.

While I do find it amusing, I often find I get better results if I pull in just one direction at a time.

Maybe i didn't make myself clear enough?

What i want to see is them add something that motivate people to stay and play. I talked about this in the thread where i question their motivation to advertise their set 11 give away on facebook. There was nothing back then to motivate me advertise the game and i would have advertised it to far more people than just the mere 1k +++ people in my facebook friendlist if there was something to ensure 99% of them wouldn't just quit right after checking out the game.

They aren't ready to advertise. It's true. But i think my message is still there even if at a very low subliminal level. Fix the game fast so you can motivate people to stay after you have advertised it and do it quickly.

The problem is there isn't even enough reason for the current playerbase to stick around.
Hope they get a bit more desperate and then at least slap a bugged copy-pasted lavato heroes to awake the interest of some players.

Btw, didn't they just attend some exposition recently? :?
Whatever happened to the results ...
I like Alteil a lot! Alteil is awesome! HAHAHAHA
ForgotPassNotWorking

Postby Romdeau » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:12 pm

There's usually a dip in player activity around this time of the year so it doesn't surprise me that you've noticed a lower number of players in Folrart.
Romdeau

Postby Anima13 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:25 am

ForgotPassNotWorking wrote:The number is awfully small and at high times it's about 10 duels total which is still incredibly low. Right now there are 5 active duels (yes i just checked).

10 duels at any given time is VERY LITTLE. WAY TOO LITTLE. I hope you understand this and also take note of the fact that this is still an optimistic, it's usually even lower than that.

This means you need to do something immediately about it. Otherwise there is no reason to play. If you do play you will often get the same players over and over again and thus face the same strategies although there are hundreds of cards released.
Your errata as good or bad as it was didn't change the player count too much.

I dont know what your gaming behaviours are like. currently I have access to the game over a period of ca 15h. If I want I will always find a game, independent of how many people are in the arena (and honestly I find that more important).
I absolutly understand and many ppl share with you the wish to increase player count in folrart. BUT its absolutly contraproductive currently. Why should they advertise the game now? Only so that the tons of new player leave the game a month later? Thats just thrown out money.
They need to bring the game to another level so many different people find enough motivation to keep p(l)aying the game longterm. And in case you skipped this is what they do now, they develop the game, and they do that much better then anyone before. Be patient and it will pay off. Or be impatient and watch your doom.

If we want to talk about player count, we should talk about the playercount in CREST. Its absolutly unacceptable that new players dont have a learning time in crest and dropped immediately into folrart. They have no free room to learn the game, nor the chance to increase their cardpool via the perma tb there.
I suggested an achievement for everyone making you run decks made of fm cards and to fill the arena that way for the new players, but I can understand its difficult to realize currently.
Last edited by Anima13 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anima13

Postby angelspawns » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:59 am

Amen to that. Making it an achievement (like underdog) to play shielded decks in Crest is a good idea. Personally i'd like to suggest the implementation of NPC duels in Crest, like batora, aswell. NPCs are generally easier to fight against then experienced players, but it may take alot of coding too...
angelspawns

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau