Petition: Errata of the Week

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Petition: Errata of the Week

Postby gadu » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:01 pm

Gon, if cards are only made more powerful, why would that decrease the sales if power is what players desire?

Goscar, this was suggested in the past, but it did not get any response. Nonetheless...

Gadu
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby hexagram » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:03 pm

gadu wrote:Gon, if cards are only made more powerful, why would that decrease the sales if power is what players desire?

Goscar, this was suggested in the past, but it did not get any response. Nonetheless...

Gadu

Think this is more directed at nerfs . Like ex mermaid, pre pre nerf emmana , dilate.... Many people spent money to get these cards and would be disappointed in the nerf even if it was completely justified.

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby angelspawns » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:21 pm

A card can be given proper attention this way, and can be changed the next week if it needs to be retouched. What's there not to like?

Maybe the lack of manpower is an issue, but...

Signed.

I do want to note this shouldn't be for nerfs. Nerfs will make people insecure about their purchase and something like Gon discribed is a very realistic outcome. But increasing the value of ones collection should not harm the purchases of newly released set/exes?
angelspawns

Postby ForgotPassNotWorking » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:55 pm

1 card a week mandatory errata on top of the occasional major erratas. That's what i want to see.

I agree with buffing only in the weekly errata. There are too many garbage cards as it is, we don't need more.

And this is also a good learning experience for whatever errata team there might be. They obviously cant learn stuff all at once, so let's teach them step by step.
You can sign me up.

well put my real nickname please lol! peralisc
cheers
I like Alteil a lot! Alteil is awesome! HAHAHAHA
ForgotPassNotWorking

Postby Shirozaki » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:09 pm

I personally disagree with the notion as there are other things to focus on, but since Gosky put this up my resistance isn't as strong as with other petitions, so I'll sign it with a dagger with your blood on it.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby hexagram » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:09 pm

Actually I change my mind and sign the petition but only if

no nerfs Only buffs of cards for the 1 errata a week thing

in line with the other people here.

And also buff can also be removed and the card returned to normal after the 1 week period. In this way it encourages use of that card during that one week.

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby fargone » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:40 pm

Romdeau wrote:While I don't agree with weekly erratas, I do think there should be an effort to perform more, concentrated erratas.

This. Let's not set people up to fail here. If this could also be done with minimum input from Logress - so he can focus on other things, then that would also be great.

You can put my John Hancock on a petition for more regular and targeted errata.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby Jazzock » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:01 am

Yeah, I'm not sure if it should be WEEKLY per se, but definitely more often, so I'm agreeing with Rom and fargone on this.
Self proclaimed user of weirdness, one of the few crazy people to actually use a pure sorceress file...

Jazzock

Postby shadowsketch » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:08 am

I support this for the entertainment value.

If the last errata took months to design and implement, I'd love to see what the team could do each week.

(but for real having the team actively monitor the files and cards played for any spikes in the system more often would be cool.)
shadowsketch

Postby LoneKnight » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:55 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:Logress addressed this in the past. Japan did this at one point and it resulted in very low customer confidence in cards. That is, people are generally motivated to buy powerful cards, but if they know what is powerful fluctuates weekly, they will not spend.

If you're interested in this game succeeding you should probably vote no to this.

This may be a difference in gaming culture though. LoL keeps up with erratas every week or two for multiple heroes and though you hear "DARIUS IS RUINED BAWWWWW" (okay, yeah, you won't ever hear that) every now and then, life just goes on. I think it's worth a try, especialy if coupled with a sale for the newly buffed card (I would prefer it to be an EX-pack like dealy, two buffed cards+3 cards they work with in a pack so you can see right away what the buff is supposed to do).
LoneKnight

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau