Petition: Errata of the Week

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Petition: Errata of the Week

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:26 pm

LoneKnight wrote:This may be a difference in gaming culture though. LoL keeps up with erratas every week or two for multiple heroes and though you hear "DARIUS IS RUINED BAWWWWW" (okay, yeah, you won't ever hear that) every now and then, life just goes on. I think it's worth a try, especialy if coupled with a sale for the newly buffed card (I would prefer it to be an EX-pack like dealy, two buffed cards+3 cards they work with in a pack so you can see right away what the buff is supposed to do).

Lol can do all kinds of buffs and have the champions more or less feel the same. In Alteil one stat point on a level 3 unit is HUGE and drastically changes how the card can be used. You can't really compare the two.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby LoneKnight » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:29 pm

Abilities>>>>>>stat points. Plus in Alteil one card is just one (to three) out of 25. So changes being less granular on the card level matter less.

And, the idea is still about mostly buffing and not nerfing.
LoneKnight

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:46 pm

I guess I still don't understand why you think frequent errata in lol would say anything about how frequent errata in Alteil would be. I mean we can turn this into a battle of anecdotal stories if you wanna troll.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby LoneKnight » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:00 pm

Nah, I think you and your army of strawmen can manage the trolling just fine by yourselves.

I think "a bunch of successful modern multiplayer games do smaller erratas regularly without it impacting negatively on the player experience/income of the game (in fact, having a positive effect on the long term)" is not a bad argument, even if you don't consider LoL as a good example.
LoneKnight

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:09 pm

Your argument would be valid if you looked at other online card games.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby LoneKnight » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:26 pm

Why does it have to be cardgames? Alteil is not like other cardgames at all. Which is good, cause other online cardgames mostly suck ****, especially from a competitive point of view. (You could argue that so does Alteil ATM because of the huge barrier to entry).

It does however belong to the online and competitive multiplayer categories, which benefit greatly from frequent erratas as evidenced by all the really popular ones getting a ton.
LoneKnight

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:31 pm

If you honestly think that doing an errata on a champion in LoL is comparable to errating a card in Alteil there is no point to this conversation.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby ForgotPassNotWorking » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:40 pm

LoneKnight wrote:This may be a difference in gaming culture though. LoL keeps up with erratas every week or two for multiple heroes and though you hear "DARIUS IS RUINED BAWWWWW" (okay, yeah, you won't ever hear that) every now and then, life just goes on. I think it's worth a try, especialy if coupled with a sale for the newly buffed card (I would prefer it to be an EX-pack like dealy, two buffed cards+3 cards they work with in a pack so you can see right away what the buff is supposed to do).

LOL! That's much better than the usually unwanted sales events we get flooded with. XD

I agree any serious competitive game has frequent errata. But is alteil serious or just wannabe serious?
I like Alteil a lot! Alteil is awesome! HAHAHAHA
ForgotPassNotWorking

Postby LoneKnight » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:48 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:If you honestly think that doing an errata on a champion in LoL is comparable to errating a card in Alteil there is no point to this conversation.

Yeah, especially if you keep throwing strawmen like that.
LoneKnight

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:18 pm

It's not a strawman. Tweaking 20 damage on a skill or changing the CD on a skill by 1 second is almost never directly noticeable to the player. Adding 1SP cost to an action skill or making a 50HP unit 40HP is very noticeable and has drastic implications for how you can use a card.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau