Vertu's big idea

User suggestions to improve the game

Vertu's big idea

Postby VertuHonagan » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:09 pm

So, I've been trying to think of an easier way to make both cards easier to be obtained while still encouraging more gran to be purchased. My idea is kind of a combination between a few things currently being used in other games and I thought I would suggest this as a more unique idea.

My idea is this:

For every card that is not 1* make lower rarity versions of said card with nerfed down stats. Ie: LVL, HP, ATK, DF, AGI, and weaker skills.

For example lets use the card Rhino. He is a 2* rarity level 3, 70 hp, 30 atk, 0 def, 1 agi, and has skill do atk x 2 to a random column of enemies in range. This unit heals 40 HP and is engaged until the end of next turn. The 1* version of this card would be: level 2, 40 hp, 10 atk, 0 def, 1 agi, and has skill do atk x 2 to random column of enemies in range. This unit heals 20 hp and is engaged until the end of the next turn.

Now what is the point of making lower rarity versions of these cards? The point is this, once you get 4 copies of a card that is not at the maximum rarity level you are able to level up that card to the next rarity level for a set amount of gran cost depending on the natural rarity of the card. When you use 4 copies of a card to create one of the next rarity it will only create 1 copy of that card at the next rarity level. A little graph of this that I would propose would be this:

2* rarity cards:

1* rarity to 2* rarity costs: 4 copies of the 1* rarity and 30 gran. This creates only 1 copy of the 2* and final version of this card. (For a total cost of 30 gran and 4 cards to make 1 2* card.)

3* rarity cards:

1* rarity to 2* rarity costs: 4 copies of the 1* card and 30 gran. This creates only 1 copy of the 2* version.

2* rarity to 3* rarity costs: 4 copies of the 1* card and 60 gran. This creates only 1 copy of the 3* and final version of this card. (For a total cost of 90 gran and 8 cards to make 1 3* card.)

4* rarity cards:

1* to 2* rarity costs: 4 copies of the 1* card and 30 gran. This creates only 1 copy of the 2* version.

2* to 3* rarity costs: 4 copies of the 2* card and 60 gran. This creates only 1 copy of the 3* version.

3* to 4* rarity costs: 4 copies of the 3* card and 150 gran. This will create only 1 copy of the final 4* version. (For a total cost of 210 gran and 12 cards.)

5* rarity cards:

3* to 4* rarity costs: 4 copies of the 3* card and 150 gran. This will create only 1 copy of the 4* version.

4* to 5* rarity costs: 4 copies of the 4* cards and 300 gran. This will create only 1 copy of the final 5* version. (For a total cost of 450 gran and 8 cards with the lower rarity versions being harder to obtain as they start out at 3* instead of 1*. Also creating just one of these is the equivalence of buying almost 2 gold packs.)

Please post your thoughts on this. I would like to hear what you all think.
Train ninjas and save the world from evil on NinjaManager.com!
VertuHonagan

Re: Vertu's big idea

Postby angelspawns » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:03 pm

Let's forget for a moment how much work is involved in creating all downgrade versions. Or the fact there are easier ways to gain multiples of a card. (tripple exchanger as lvlup/achievement/shopitem?)
I like creative idea's and this one is certainly out there. But i foresee even more trouble in collecting multiples of a downgraded version, then it is to collect a "normal" version the regulair way. There are 2 ways to go about this: 1.) implement a sufficient way to easier gain these downgraded versions. 2.) Change the idea so you only need to exchange 1downgraded card + Gran. And how do you suggest downgrading skills like Afel's or Diondora's?
angelspawns

Postby caeser » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:17 am

angelspawns wrote:And how do you suggest downgrading skills like Afel's or Diondora's?

I don't think its too far out there. I've seen it in action in another game and it worked well. In the case of the skills, the lowest level card did not have the special skill. For Alteil, I would think the skill could cost more SP or just do a little less. I think Afel field wipes, right? Instead of all enemy units, it could be reduced to three or something. There are a lot of ways to nerf the skills of the lower level cards.

You do bring up a great point about it taking a lot of work to go back and rework the nerfed cards. The cards here are infinitely more complex and there are a greater number and diversity when compared to the aforementioned game.
caeser

Postby VertuHonagan » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:04 pm

For characters like Afel/Diondora there could be things like: Diondora is nerfed down to 20 hp, her skill will only return an engaged unit of say agi x or lower. Or simply no skill at all. For Afel it could be 3sp to kill a row/column of enemy units and then at the next higher rarity it could be 2 rows/columns.

I understand it would take a lot of time and work to create this, but I believe that this would both make the higher rarity cards a little bit easier to get. While lowering the CPC and encouraging people to buy gran to level up their cards to the next rank. Which in this case you are actually guaranteed to get the card you want for your money. Rather than throwing in $50 for a ton of random cards and no guaranteed card.
VertuHonagan

Postby WhiteDragon2 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:00 pm

People are already complaining about useless cards in their inventory every now and then (collecting cards like the easter eggs or simply cards so overpowered that noone wants to play them, like cutter of the cord ;) ), and here we have a sugestion about creating deliberatally nerfed version of (all?) current cards :lol:
Truthfully, the suggestion is okay though, people generally like a feeling of progress, and leveling up cards is a way to get it (though probably a lot of work to implement). As for the best way to be 'actually guaranteed to get the card you want for your money', it would still be targetted parchases of each card available at all time. Games like LoL don't make me gamble or wait for rare shop events that may never come to let me buy exactly the content I'd like to buy, and though they're vastly different games I do prefer its shop over alteil's.
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.'
WhiteDragon2

Postby VertuHonagan » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:07 am

How would they be useless and fill up your inventory? First of all, even if you had lets say Bringer for example, 3 copies of 5* bringer and you got a copy of 3* bringer. Not only could you sell that card at AH for those that need it, you could also recycle it for 30 gran, because it has a recycle value. Unlike the collection event cards.
VertuHonagan

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau