Suggestion: Voice acting contest for voiced characters

User suggestions to improve the game

Suggestion: Voice acting contest for voiced characters

Postby Deag » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:12 pm

Hey,

just here to propose an idea of implementing unique effects when a certain unit (rather character) gets hit, attacks, dies or uses some skill. Effect can be an oof, shout or whatever. Also original oneliners for example when Bringer slays with his skill or aliria revives a knight or rasam freezes her enemies.

Examples for such one-liners: "for the TrueGod" (TGC), "ill hunt you!!" (there are enough hunters, pick one), "Tsssk, all i see is a bunch of weaklings" (when some bigshot gets fielded), "nuuuuuh" (when whatever char closes, yh, thats a friggin sfx, but whatever) etc. etc.

We could hold contests every fortnight or so where the GMs just choose 2 SFX or one-liners for chars that dont have those yet and people will send in their recordings and the winning recordings get implemented. It sounds fun, no?

Obviously the contests will only be held when GMs got the time for that, dunno how straining listening to the recordings will be. Thinking of SFX/one-liners, and what they should sound like, thereby creating a list should be done by all, community and GMs (im pretty sure everyone has some nice ideas, just thinking of how zu takes my whole field with him to the grave, god, i'd laugh so much if i were him/her/it :D)

Very important would be the option to disable those SFX and one-liners, and also the option to only hear the one-liner and/or SFXs once per game or so.

Tell me what you think about it, derailing would be kinda meh tho. Credits to Jazzock and Dreamspawn
Deag

Re: Suggestion: Voice acting contest for voiced characters

Postby 2xDouble30 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:17 pm

I'd love to win on of these. Sounds epic, and it'd be cool to see an extra line under the illustrator--"Voice: Iczer4322"
ImageImageImage
2xDouble30

Postby worthing » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:58 pm

Everytime crest spy iczers you will hear me yell gooby pls
worthing

Postby Deag » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:07 pm

Some background noise or any other specific wishes? Scared, cruel, while chuckling, you dun goofed kinda voice etc., maybe evil laughter for background? or or nah, my thoughts running wild.
Deag

Postby angelspawns » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:33 pm

Thanks Deag for creating the thread! You know it has my vote. I bet we can all get creative on this 1... Probably one of the most fun contests you can have with the POSEBILITY of having your voice(creation) in the game.
I have some refining suggestions:

- You can chose your own character for entry. There could be a list of sounds that are needed though:
1) Being Hit = short soundeffect.
2) Attacking = short soundeffect.
3) Dying = short soundeffect.
4) Skills = short soundeffect.
5) Entering = catchphrase for when the char/unit enters the battle.
6) Leaving = catchphrase for when the char/unit goes to cemetery.
and
7) Special = catchphrase(s) that you assign at will. When a unit gets hit, send to cem, to a special skill, whatever you feel should to be said by it at a certain time. (up to 4 different phrases)
You may get as creative as you can on entry #5, 6 & 7 to win the contest!** Winner gets 20Pt Cards. 2nd 15Pt Cards and 3rd place is 10Pt.Cards. All participants get 5Pt Cards.

**Winning this contest does not guarantee implementation.

- Alteil Team may chose to decline the use of any winning entry. This contest is for gathering a constant stream of samples for possible use. They may decide at later dates (after a big collection of samples) to do the final pickings for implementation. Sounds can be reassigned to different chars or not used at all. When time is found between projects they can sort out & implement one sorted 'batch' at a time.

This idea can add alot of character to the game, aswell as community involvement. I truely hope it will get some consideration. :)
Last edited by angelspawns on Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
angelspawns

Postby randomguy00 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:31 pm

This is a really great idea, hahaha.
Looking forward to spamming crest spy to hear worthing :D
randomguy00

Postby Ropey » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:23 am

Burning? Poisoning? I am not that bothered cos after novelty wears off Ropey hits mute. Ropey then puts headphones on, cue punk'd rock. ;attack
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau