Auction / Shop addition

User suggestions to improve the game

Auction / Shop addition

Postby angelspawns » Sat May 24, 2014 8:20 pm

To give rise to new files and hold retention rate of new players, me and Feron would like to propose the following idea for Core.

Rotate a "Card of the week" in either the auctionhouse (as unlimited item) or as a shop item. The card of the week will be a keycard to one of the Core files. It looks far better to new players if the first and most important piece to a file is straight up obtainable. You offer them the cornerstone and let them build their collection up from there.
So for Beltorats: Ainhazard. MidRef: Lvl5 Verlaat. Big Falkow: Mildoreo. Lawt: White Lilly. They will continiou to rotate untill the core is switched out.

Put on a decent price and you'll have people spending. Specially if they already gathered some of the beltorats, they'll be quickly inclined to purchase the key component to start playing it.
Others may prefer to take the long grind to purchase it: Main importance is that it's there for all to see as a certainty to obtain and look forward to. Playing with the certainty of getting that Ain-file in the near future is better then any increased gamble rate to an Ain you verbally give out.

Not sure if this is suggesting anything new or helping you guys, but it's better to throw it out there then to've never said it.
angelspawns

Re: Auction / Shop addition

Postby Anima13 » Tue May 27, 2014 4:54 am

+1

Its absolutly essential to bring in options of buying that give the player the feeling of having control, that shows them how much pin point is worth (so they can value randoms packs) and not to completly rely on randomness. Many people I encountered have huge issues with random concepts dont understand when it is good, cant control buying behaviour/when to stop.
I have seen in several games that when fixed daily rewards were swiched to random lottos/rouletts people were raging even if the overall outcome of these random rewards were several magnitudes above the old reward. The conscious human mind is terrible in understanding probability and overvalues little chances of a loss.
I absolutly understand that to motivate free players to purchase frustration is a common tactic, but the same frustration can discourage playing the game (people dont like frustration). Also frustration is not the only way to $ especially not for this wonderfull game that can provide so many fun moments that at one point people want to reward it out of thankfullness and respect. The old alteil made in this point many things wrong but this is a new start now and you have the chance to make it better.
Please dont miss this unique chance.

a worrying long-term fan :D
Anima13

Re: Auction / Shop addition

Postby Jazzock » Tue May 27, 2014 5:53 am

I miss "Card of the Week"...
Self proclaimed user of weirdness, one of the few crazy people to actually use a pure sorceress file...

Jazzock

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau