a random idea

User suggestions to improve the game

a random idea

Postby Anima13 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:08 am

There supposed to be a famous thrilling feeling when opening a pack/picking a lotto, which motivated many card games to offer random purchase options. I can't acutally judge this cause I never felt it but one thing is sure: Even if there is such a feeling with increasing cardpool it will slowly disappear leaving only frustration behind, so the purchaser start to ignore the random offers completly going only for targeting options if possible and on the top of that accumulate negative emotions with the game during this prozess. It also means that your biggest fans (ppl with bigger cardpool like longterm player/ heavy purchasers) have to ignore significant part of your offers. I am not sure this is really in your intrest..

The following idea would not solve this issue but it would slightly counterbalance it.
What would happen if you would give the option for people having complete sets to lock those cards out of your random offers?

PRO
-it would give a new motivation to complete sets possibly increasing the number of collectors
-could increase the presence of rare to see cards due to the collector effect
-could increase the random pack/lotto purchases
- you could show off again with something that reallife cardgames could never do

Contra
-requires work and you have way more important things to do (like make horizon work, balancing legacy consequent? :D)
-the implementation of personal lockouts for random purchases could raise the possibility of bugs, missuses when something is not working; you are so afraid of these so much that you want to eliminate the slightest chance for something like this to occur
-the effect of the new feature is too small
-you want to see AHs effect on the game first

would you want to have such a feature? Or is the the idea way too random? discuss! :D
Anima13

Re: a random idea

Postby Gigantorus » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:48 am

I don't think this will work because the lotto will never miss and you will only get the cards you want, eventually only getting the high rarity cards you need as you complete the low rarity sets.
Gigantorus

Re: a random idea

Postby Anima13 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:50 pm

Gigantorus wrote:I don't think this will work because the lotto will never miss and you will only get the cards you want, eventually only getting the high rarity cards you need as you complete the low rarity sets.

The lotto itself would keep its randomness, the lock wouldnt work for set of cards but for a set of release (sorry if this wasnt clear).
Example:
in my card pool I have all cards (normal, not shielded) of the set 2 "dragon emperors revive" 3 copies each.
Now If would use a lotto, or some random pack covering over several sets (eg a sphere pack) I would never get cards of that set.
But lets say I sold 1 copy of set 11 so I don't have a complete set 11 (advent of the sun), now I would keep getting cards of that set even if i have 3 of a certain card (a set :D) for it.

sorry for the confusion :D
Anima13

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau