This is a message to the GMs suggestions and feedback

User suggestions to improve the game

This is a message to the GMs suggestions and feedback

Postby ShoMinamoto » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:16 pm

Hello! I'm a n00b named Matt! Me and some friends who joined this game were talking about how this game leaves a little to be desired.
We did not wish to criticize this games battle system in anyway this whole system turn based RPG/card game is a stroke of genius. But there are a few problems that we find outside of the game. For example, there is no way to trade cards as far as i see so what if there was a way to trade cards without abusing the system? like for example allow 10 trades per day per person and only allow 1 signup per IP adress per day. well the only thing keeping this game from having the same Class as Real life cards would be trading, after all trading is half the fun of a card game. another thing we found weird was that other online games are going out of their way to give players who invite more people rewards. Think you could try to give rewards to players who invite their friends? Thanks for listening. Please Don't get mad at me or troll me other players remember, these are just suggestions to make everyone's game-life better possibly this is me being nice so please no trolls /prays.
Last edited by ShoMinamoto on Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShoMinamoto

Re: This is a message to the GMs suggestions and feedback

Postby ShoMinamoto » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:17 pm

whoops missed a couple of grammar points sorry ><
ShoMinamoto

Postby Gota » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:20 pm

http://www.alteil.com/forum/index.php?f ... =viewtopic

Its all been mentioned, but sadly, the GMs here don't make final decisions for this game, its the Nice, Hard Working, Japanese People.

The GMs know and posted and agreed that trading would profit the game, but sadly, they can't do much about that either.
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby ShoMinamoto » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:22 pm

Thanks for telling me Gota really i appreciate it but, I bet they allow trading in japan dont they? ><
ShoMinamoto

Postby kyokaze » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:23 pm

As far as I know they don't allow it there either which is why they say no to it here.
We may not be the strongest but we shall fight to the end! Let us spread our wings and soar to VICTORY!
~ Twilight Angels ~
kyokaze

Postby ShoMinamoto » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:29 pm

A good game this may be but the Japanese Really stick to their guns they probably don't allow trades because they are determined to keep people buying for themselves or they just want to add more of an rpg element and make it solo vs rather than a team rpg thing either way they should think about this more. the reason you probobly see only 100 people a day here is probably because
a) nobody google searches "Japanese online card games"
b) they dont want a Non-trade card game.....
oh well i guess whats it is is what it is
ShoMinamoto

Postby Zanador » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:37 am

Whatever their reason was to leave trade out, it must be a good enough reason.. actually i dont think it has anything to do with the fact that an individual player must spend more for hunting a single card if he cant trade. Since you cant really trade starter cards (who would give anything for something you could get for free?), anyone who wants to trade would have to spend money.. it would make the "free online game" thing a straight forward lie, nevertheless if it would really increase the player base and they were only looking at the economical reasons, then more players spending some would be much more and steady income than only a few spending a lot. So this cant be the reason. I think it was much more along the line of the facts that says wherever there is trade there is scam and dupeing (take a look around the online games, not a single one of them is protected from this two, some of them went down because of these reasons), not to mention includeing tradeing would make this game a target for hacking.. (again, check any other online games).

And about the 100 online player thing: before december it was about 30 players online, 50 at most. Did it get doubled in 2-3 months? It seems so to me. But this number can be a bit decieving too: In Alteil i believe most players spend about half or 1 hour online a day (maybe even less), that is 1-4 matches exactly what a "casual player" does usually. Compared to mmorpg's where even the casual players spend 2-4 hours a day, its much less time so if my logic isnt flawed, it must mean many times bigger player base than that 100 would suggest at first sight (tho i never heared it from a GM, i dont see any reason why this theory wouldnt be right).
Something must be wrong with me. I'm giving advices to someone i should kill.
Zanador

Postby darklogos » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:54 am

Trading would mess up new players hardcore. The biggest reason is the fact that you don't have anything worth while to get the cards you need to win. Only those that buy will have the advanatage. The only time things are balanced is at launch of a new set. The other thing is that all the free card they give away would disapear. Lastly being a free player would be impossible. Without free cards the free player can't build up their collection.
darklogos

Postby Gota » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:17 am

I think partly is because since they don't want the structure of the game to be different (japan version and english version)

They want the price of the cards to be similar, also if there is going to be trading, both version would have to have it, to prevent loss of players from 1 to the other.

Because of this, I think that its because the japanese version has SO many players, and have been no trading since the game started, if they add trading now, all the vet japanese players that spend so much money is going to go into an uproar, and they will not know how to compensate them, nor do they want to deal with the heat. (you don't wanna anger the vets in any game, they are the long time supporters)

Thats why I think they don't want to add it, because their game is stable over there, and its all running smooth, they don't want to bring troubles upon themselves. (Don't fix whats 'seemingly' not broken)

Then theres the assumption that 'what works over there should work over here, otherwise show us statistical proof, if not, then its not the games fault'

^last line is not a quote.
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby Logress » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:43 am

Everyone here has a pretty good idea of the score. The game was never designed to include trading, adding it would be a major design change. Why did they choose to do it this way? Not sure. It's probably not a matter of money, after all for the reasons stated above games with trading are generally much more profitable. I do know it was designed to be managed intimately, by a small group of GM's who pay a lot of attention to the game itself and its players. For reasons of balance and scams, a trading system would require a much larger staff to constantly police and regulate the system, investigate fraud claims and scan external sites for illegal auctions. Makes my head spin just thinking about it.

As for the other questions, yes, the average player only plays a few games a day, so 100 people on at a time is not bad. The Japanese game, when we started, I think topped out around 600 or 700. Considering the popularity there, the number of years they were up, and the number of accounts they had, I'd say we're on our way.

And friend referrals... we all want to do something like this. It's a bit difficult since we allow multiple accounts, though. As soon as we come up with a good way and work the logistics out, we'll put it before the Japanese.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau