[Proposal] Referrers?

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Invite/Refer link

Postby Visfarix » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:26 pm

This referring system can easily be abused by people who create a million accounts and just type in the name of their main account to get the referring bonus and accumulate prize(whatever that is), since all players all allowed to make as many accounts as they want.

If you really want to do something like this, it should be more like a graduation from crest to folrart (aka reaching lvl 15) and then the new user will fill out a form or something, for say game improvement or something, so that whoever they think most helped them or deserves a bonus will get it, and then they can be given a small reward for filling out the form. Whether the rewards/bonuses are point cards, gran, or FM is really up to the GMs to decide, though I'm hoping it can be a gran bonus/gift.
Visfarix

Postby Demongod » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:30 pm

Vis, that problem was already addressed in the form of IP checks.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Postby Peralisc2 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:57 pm

Azeryuu wrote:A link to give to your friends that directs them to the registration page and when the register adds them to your friends list and/or some bonus, also a count on your profile showing the number of people you invited/referred to the game. Please comment on this idea on voice your opinion, maybe a change to the idea that would make it better.

I like the idea of taking an extra step here and rewarding invitations only if the invited players actually spend (and obviously the amount spent has to be bigger than the reward).
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Demongod » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:59 pm

That'd really, really suck. Most players do not spend by definition. Also, is the addition of yet another player really worthless in terms of externalities?
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

Demongod

Postby Visfarix » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:02 pm

Demongod wrote:Vis, that problem was already addressed in the form of IP checks.

As much as we wish that was a solution, it really isn't. Ever hear of IP masking and proxy servers? Changing your IP address is really not that hard, and as long as their is a way to abuse a system, their will be people who take advantage of it.
Visfarix

Postby Demongod » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:05 pm

I've heard of them and used them. I only know of one site that redirects. Either way, when you bring real money into it, I do think you really n1p the whole option in the bud.

(Edit: why is n ip censored?)

Demongod

Advertising system

Postby MiniMetal » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:07 pm

I was wondering if we could have an advertising reference system that gave us free gran/FM by advertising altiel on other websites that we may or may not run based on the number of players that join using the links from our sites and or a specialized code that each player who wishes to participate would receive that was required to be input on the sign up page to show who sent you?

PS. Darn you anna now I have an idea for a Game Avatar based webcomic stuck in my head.
MiniMetal

Re: [Proposal] Referrers?

Postby DWildstar » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:13 pm

Merging to previous thread about referral systems.
DWildstar

Postby MiniMetal » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:20 pm

Demongod wrote:I've heard of them and used them. I only know of one site that redirects. Either way, when you bring real money into it, I do think you really n1p the whole option in the bud.

(Edit: why is n ip censored?)

There are a number of answers for that that I will post.

1. Limit the rewards to Gran/FM

2. Have the rewards be set one time only deals like every time you have 10 players refer you you get a random 1 star every time you get 50 you get a random 2 star every time you get 250 you get a random 3 star every time you get 500 you get a random 4 star and every time you get 1000 you get a random 5 star.

3. only have the referer count if he logs in at least once a day for a week.

4. don't allow hotmail or other similar accounts to be referers.
MiniMetal

Re: [Proposal] Referrers?

Postby lupos » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:00 pm

We have actually been considering adding referrals as part of the achievement system. I.E. someone you referred reaches level 10 you get a prize. No promises but it's certainly somewhere on the drawing board. We are also aware of many ways to help keep it legitimate but they all have potential drawbacks and it's tricky balancing between prevention of exploitation and upsetting honest users. Like DRM, if it only hurts the good users, it's no good.
lupos
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau