[Proposal] Referrers?

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: [Proposal] Referrers?

Postby Artist » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:09 pm

lupos wrote:We have actually been considering adding referrals as part of the achievement system. I.E. someone you referred reaches level 10 you get a prize. No promises but it's certainly somewhere on the drawing board. We are also aware of many ways to help keep it legitimate but they all have potential drawbacks and it's tricky balancing between prevention of exploitation and upsetting honest users. Like DRM, if it only hurts the good users, it's no good.

And then there's the whole "I refereed my brother, and we use the same computer" issues, or the "I have 230 brothers! I sware! Now where's my reward?"
Artist

Postby Phenoca » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:14 pm

If they get to level 10 then I do not think it's abuse.

Even level 5.

But then, I'm not very anti-multi in Alteil since you can't trade.
flood + Pakistan = hunger
Phenoca

Postby Artist » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:24 pm

Phenoca wrote:If they get to level 10 then I do not think it's abuse.

Even level 5.

Keep in mind, if they do abuse it, it won't just be abusing for rewards on their main accounts, it would also destroy games in crest, making it full of experts playing with new players, and that would turn off a lot of people who's just starting alteil.
Artist

Postby DDrgn » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:17 pm

I suppose maybe it could work if you limited how many times both Iczers would get any "bonus" in addition to a level requirement. 3 times? 10 times?

An example in an alternate universe:

lupos found this really cool game Alteil and decided to show it to his friends, AnnaTheRed, GaoGaiGirl, Logress, and DWildstar. AnnaTheRed lists lupos for the referral; lupos gets 10 gran, Anna gets 20. GaoGaiGirl is second to list lupos; she gets 20 gran, lupos gets another 10. Next is Logress, same deal; Logress gets 20, lupos gets 10. DWildstar comes along and lists lupos for the referral. DWild gets 20 gran, lupos gets NOTHING. :lol:

Well, that and lupos would I guess get "fame" for "X amount of referrals." At that point, it'll be a popularity contest I guess to see who's reaching/reached out the furthest for "spreading the word." You know, like the "page of referrals" mentioned on the first page of this thread.

Just a random thought.
( ゚ ヮ゚)b
DDrgn

Postby MiniMetal » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:55 pm

Artist wrote:
Phenoca wrote:If they get to level 10 then I do not think it's abuse.

Even level 5.

Keep in mind, if they do abuse it, it won't just be abusing for rewards on their main accounts, it would also destroy games in crest, making it full of experts playing with new players, and that would turn off a lot of people who's just starting alteil.

And crest isn't already full of experts using multiple accounts?
MiniMetal

Postby Demongod » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:01 am

MiniMetal wrote:

experts ... multiple accounts?

If they're an expert, they probably have little time as is to play their main account, let alone maintain two or more.

Not that I claim to be an expert or anything, but with grad school this semester, I just go for the ten gran a week duel aside from my 15 gran a day MM.

From this vantage point, I can actually understand why some people such as Fargone and lucky buy cards--simply because they want to keep up with the releases and the variety, but don't have time to play a hundred games a week.

That said, my net worth right now is massively in the red (student loans), so I need all the freebies I can get >.<
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Postby garcia1000 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:23 am

Obviously it's more effective from an economics point of view to buy gran. I don't buy gran just because I'm philosophically opposed to the system :lol:
"Pixies are all level 2, right? So why not try to drop cyclone on them?"
garcia1000

Postby Demongod » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:53 am

garcia1000 wrote:Obviously it's more effective from an economics point of view to buy gran. I don't buy gran just because I'm philosophically opposed to the system :lol:

Ditto.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Postby Artist » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:37 pm

garcia1000 wrote:Obviously it's more effective from an economics point of view to buy gran. I don't buy gran just because I'm philosophically opposed to the system :lol:

I don't buy gran cus I'm Chinese and I'm cheap HUR HUR, and artists never have money anyways.

Canned Tuna > Alteil Cards

weee
Artist

Postby imortal12233 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:43 pm

Artist wrote:Canned Tuna > Alteil Cards

can't disagree with that :D
Needs a new sig, but haven't come up with one.
So here is a message about how I need a new sig but haven't come up with one :D
imortal12233

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau