The 3300 Gran Box Thread

User suggestions to improve the game

The 3300 Gran Box Thread

Postby InigoMontoya » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:17 am

Sets 1 and 2 guaranteed a five-star for every box purchased. There were 100 individual cards in each of Sets 1 and 2, each set containing 8 five-star cards total.

Set 3 did not guarantee a five-star for every box purchase because there were only 60 individual cards in the set, and only 4 five-star cards total.

This lack of a guarantee for five-star led to outrageous sums of money being spent without obtaining a five-star card and very unhappy customers. The developers responded that the reason they could not guarantee a five-star for Set 3 is that there were only 60 cards instead of 100, and only 4 five-stars instead of 8.

There needs to be a way to guarantee a five-star. The solution is to increase the number of packs sold per box. I propose a 3300 gran box. Alteil would sell 120 cards (24 packs) for the cost of 22 packs. Right now, if you purchase 3 boxes, you spend 6300 gran to obtain 225 cards (45 packs). With this system you would spend 6600 gran to obtain 240 cards (48 packs).

The folks who don't pay much to play this game have been given the 10 gran lottery (to help fill out their one-star sets), but those of us who have spent a significant amount of money have been short-changed by Set 3 boxes not guaranteeing five-stars. As you collect more and more cards, the only thing that matters is the five-stars you have yet to collect.

People say Alteil will not change the price of a box, but that's not true. They changed the number of cards in a set. They changed to the 10 gran lottery. The developers can change the box purchase point. They absolutely should change the box purchase price to 3300 gran for 24 packs.

I will send this thread to the developers. Please support my effort.
InigoMontoya

Re: The 3300 Gran Box Thread

Postby DanTheTimid » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:38 am

:| Well it should be noted that its the Nice, Hard Working, Japanese People that can change things, not the US people, we got the 10 gran lotto and the smaller sets cause thats what they had already done in the Japanese game, the fact they haven't had a 3300 gran box in the Japanese game makes the odds of it occuring very slim at best (though not completely impossible).

Personally the right solution is just to let 5* still be guaranteed in normal boxes. What they did with set 3 was atrocious, they said "We're going to give you 40% less product with this set, but by drastically lowering the 5* odds force you to pay the same (arguably even greater) amounts of money then you did when we were giving you more product in order to complete your collection. At worst they should have reduced the odds of getting a 5* to 60% so that if you bought 5 boxes (thats 10,500 gran or about 100 dollars US) you'd get 3 of them, right now the odds of getting them are what, 30%? I believe one person said they bought 8 boxes of the last set with out pulling a single 5* which is just obscene.

Anyway its prices and rarity distributions like these that keep me from throwing down any big money on this game, I occasionally support in smaller amounts to help sure up my 1* and 2* collections and just generally support the game and the great GMs, but I have no hopes of collecting playsets of any 5*that come out in this game so theres no reason to even consider spending more to try to get them.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby InigoMontoya » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:43 pm

DanTheTimid wrote:What they did with set 3 was atrocious, they said "We're going to give you 40% less product with this set, but by drastically lowering the 5* odds force you to pay the same (arguably even greater) amounts of money then you did when we were giving you more product in order to complete your collection. At worst they should have reduced the odds of getting a 5* to 60% so that if you bought 5 boxes (thats 10,500 gran or about 100 dollars US) you'd get 3 of them, right now the odds of getting them are what, 30%? I believe one person said they bought 8 boxes of the last set with out pulling a single 5* which is just obscene.

I was that person, Dan! I spent $140 (16,800 gran) and did not get a single five-star. I had a meltdown.

They need to fix the problem! I agree with everything you wrote.
InigoMontoya

Postby Phenoca » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:32 pm

What..?
You mean you can get cards with a higher rarity than ****?
flood + Pakistan = hunger
Phenoca

Postby Porky » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:41 pm

I vote no, keep the rates of packs and boxes as it was for set 3.
Last edited by Porky on Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Talking to you is like having a period." -Toradora.
Porky

Postby Phenoca » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:00 pm

It would be used against me anyways, so no.
I'll never be able to afford a box that big.

Just give InigoMontoya the difference between what his purchase should have statistically netted him in terms of gran, and what he received. Then nothing is unfair and the issue can be ignored (which is what I expect will happen).
flood + Pakistan = hunger
Phenoca

Postby Gota » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:05 pm

i vote for a box that cost 5000gran and give you choice of 1x 4 star and 1x 5 star in that box set
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby InigoMontoya » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:57 pm

Gota wrote:i vote for a box that cost 5000gran and give you choice of 1x 4 star and 1x 5 star in that box set

That would be fantastic and I imagine it might even increase sales because folks who never play with five-stars might actually purchase boxes if they were able to pick the card they wanted.
InigoMontoya

Postby Pancakes » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:27 pm

I'm the other side of this thing. I agree that it's too hard to get cards that you want. (in my case Zugateroza, Addition, and Proposition) I don't like the random packs at all. You should just be able to choose which cards you want to buy that would really force you guys to make sure the game was balanced. Cuz weak cards would never earn you any money now would they? Think about it.

Anyway I sympathize with Inigo I think he has contributed enough funds to the game where you guys could just hand him some 5 stars and say "thanks" for his loyalty to the game.
I can only use Bringer, BKR Jack, and returns cuz I'm a free player. It's my best shot at winning!
Pancakes

Postby luckysvn777 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:47 pm

Only problem I have with this is that if everyone could pick what cards they are getting... there would end up being a lot less variety in Folrart at least. Here's the situation, Player A sees Player B's awesome meta file. Player A goes, hm, I want to play that kind of file so i can win too. So Player A buys all those cards and plays that file. Repeat with more players.

What the ability to not trade or buy specific cards does is it forces most players to "make do with what they have". Have most of a meta file but lack one card? Get creative and find something else, chances are it will end up doing almost just as well. Plus then you've made your file unique.

The trick here is to not go for specific cards when buying packs.. but to just go for "cards". See what you get. Then make something out of it.

That being said, the rarity rate in boxes is awful, so something needs to be done about that ASAP
luckysvn777

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau