The 3300 Gran Box Thread

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: The 3300 Gran Box Thread

Postby Multi » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:16 pm

InigoMontoya wrote:
Romdeau wrote:I'm actually kinda curious too Multi, whether or not they saw this thread and said "this is a good idea" and implemented it several months later. Maybe someone at the discussion table just brought it up while they were having a meeting and they said "wow, that's a good idea, let's do it".

I recently contacted the GM's and they let me know they acted on my suggestion to implement Gold boxes. The process just took awhile.

One wonders why they decided to make it temporary and only for set 6, when there are probably some people who might want this deal for set 3-5 as well, preferably at a discounted price since those sets are older, as a gold box promotion.
Image Sometimes, it's like this.
Multi

Postby crimsonshade » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:20 pm

Multi wrote:
InigoMontoya wrote:
Romdeau wrote:I'm actually kinda curious too Multi, whether or not they saw this thread and said "this is a good idea" and implemented it several months later. Maybe someone at the discussion table just brought it up while they were having a meeting and they said "wow, that's a good idea, let's do it".

I recently contacted the GM's and they let me know they acted on my suggestion to implement Gold boxes. The process just took awhile.

One wonders why they decided to make it temporary and only for set 6, when there are probably some people who might want this deal for set 3-5 as well, preferably at a discounted price since those sets are older, as a gold box promotion.

Probably as a good test to see what the response is like. If they did it for every set right off the bat, who knows how much revenue they will lose in the long run. Unless they release sets every month
crimsonshade

Postby Multi » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:58 pm

joshisawesum wrote:
Probably as a good test to see what the response is like. If they did it for every set right off the bat, who knows how much revenue they will lose in the long run. Unless they release sets every month

Then whatever happened with beginner packs and reinforcement packs. I thought they got some pretty good feedback with those, and for some reason, reinforcement packs were out for like, a month or two, while beginner packs were only out for 2 weeks or so.

Seriously, I really don't understand how things work at all around here. It's also amusing that this gold box thing was supposedly inspired by a suggestion by inigo from 8 months ago, but they did the reinforcement packs and beginner packs much much quicker, and honestly, those were much more game impacting than a larger box with a guaranteed 5* imo, since those packs catered to a much larger population.
Image Sometimes, it's like this.
Multi

Postby DWildstar » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:25 am

Removed the most recent posts from this thread and moved them to this thread so that this discussion and that discussion can continue in their respective threads.
DWildstar

Postby crimsonshade » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:50 pm

Multi wrote:
joshisawesum wrote:

Then whatever happened with beginner packs and reinforcement packs. I thought they got some pretty good feedback with those, and for some reason, reinforcement packs were out for like, a month or two, while beginner packs were only out for 2 weeks or so.

Seriously, I really don't understand how things work at all around here. It's also amusing that this gold box thing was supposedly inspired by a suggestion by inigo from 8 months ago, but they did the reinforcement packs and beginner packs much much quicker, and honestly, those were much more game impacting than a larger box with a guaranteed 5* imo, since those packs catered to a much larger population.

I'm not too sure about these beginner and reinforcement packs as I haven't been here long. But it has been an onslaught of new things coming out recently (EX packs, Lotto Event, Set 6, Gold Box proposal, New Starters) so I doubt they have had time to tinker with those data yet. From a business perspective, it's certainly a good plan to have a back-to-back Lotto Up Event, and then a sudden release of Set 6 along with promises of higher rates. Two big hits to the wallet in time for Christmas XD. So I assume taking advantage of the holiday spirit was their priority, and saving up the Gold Box idea specifically for this time might have been part of that as well.

Maybe they will give us these specialized packs in time for New year's?
crimsonshade

Postby Callonia » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:29 am

I really loved the Gold Boxes.

It was farking annoying to buy several card boxes that was not set 1 and not get a single 5* to be honest XD
Callonia

Postby ANIMEniac » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:55 am

For the value of seeking 4-5* cards, a gold is way much better than 2 boxes.
ANIMEniac

Postby InigoMontoya » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:14 am

ANIMEniac wrote:For the value of seeking 4-5* cards, a gold is way much better than 2 boxes.

Agreed!
InigoMontoya

Postby MTCosta » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:14 pm

joshisawesum wrote:Probably as a good test to see what the response is like. If they did it for every set right off the bat, who knows how much revenue they will lose in the long run. Unless they release sets every month

No what you mean is, who knows how much revenue they will gain in the long run.
MTCosta

Previous

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau