The 3300 Gran Box Thread

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: The 3300 Gran Box Thread

Postby InigoMontoya » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:50 pm

For Set 3 the Box system isn't fine as it is. That's why you buy packs instead for Set 3. That's why all of us in the know buy packs instead for Set 3.
InigoMontoya

Postby luckysvn777 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:59 pm

As I said, that's the only problem, but I can't think of a solution I would know of that would get me buying those boxes over packs. 3300 gran is too expensive in my opinion after all, as i'd rather buy packs in moderation.
luckysvn777

Postby InigoMontoya » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:02 pm

But try thinking outside yourself. I know you won't buy the boxes, but what about the poor sap who doesn't know to buy packs? By you advocating for the 2100 boxes you **** that person (which was me 4 mos ago).

If you are still going to buy packs, don't resist the 3300 box because at least it helps the newbies.
InigoMontoya

Postby luckysvn777 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:15 pm

I'm thinking in terms of my personal experience shelling out money because that's all i have. I can't predict how many people would go along with my view or not. However, regardless of that fact, I would imagine people would still save $10 and buy a 2100 box and not a 3300. Most people aren't going to drop $140 on boxes in a short time span (assuming i read that right).

Sure the odds need to be balanced, but that's the risk you take buying cards in every kind of CCG. You might get ripped off by luck. You choose to take that gamble..
luckysvn777

Postby Azul » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:05 am

I need a refresher. Where did the information that set 1 and 2 boxes will always come with a 5-star come from?
Azul

Postby Peralisc2 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:13 am

You keep talking about set 3.
If you take a look at the japanese card list, you will see that all sets (starting with set 3) have 60 cards. This issue wont be here only this and next set, it will be here every set from now on apperently, unless they add more cards to each set.

And why 3300 gran for a box with 1 x 5 star in it? That still dosnt guarantee a 5 star you dont have. Werent people always complaining about how bad set 1 and 2 boxes are? If you add for all sets ~1000 gran boxes that have one 5 star, one 4 star, (and maybe few guaranteed 3 stars) and how few other cards you want in them, then it should be all fine.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby InigoMontoya » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:25 pm

Azul wrote:I need a refresher. Where did the information that set 1 and 2 boxes will always come with a 5-star come from?

Anecdotal evidence. Have you ever purchased a Set 1 or 2 box and not received a five and at least one four star?

There have been reports of more four or five stars, but never less than 1 in Sets 1 or 2.
InigoMontoya

Postby InigoMontoya » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:27 pm

Peralisc2 wrote:You keep talking about set 3.
If you take a look at the japanese card list, you will see that all sets (starting with set 3) have 60 cards. This issue wont be here only this and next set, it will be here every set from now on apperently, unless they add more cards to each set.

And why 3300 gran for a box with 1 x 5 star in it? That still dosnt guarantee a 5 star you dont have. Werent people always complaining about how bad set 1 and 2 boxes are? If you add for all sets ~1000 gran boxes that have one 5 star, one 4 star, (and maybe few guaranteed 3 stars) and how few other cards you want in them, then it should be all fine.

I'm well aware that all future sets will have 60 cards. The difference between Sets 1 and 2, and future sets is there were 8 five-stars instead of 4. So to have a guarantee of one of 4 five stars is a much better guarantee than one of 8, that's why they need to charge more.
InigoMontoya

Postby DanTheTimid » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:38 am

InigoMontoya wrote:
Azul wrote:I need a refresher. Where did the information that set 1 and 2 boxes will always come with a 5-star come from?

Anecdotal evidence. Have you ever purchased a Set 1 or 2 box and not received a five and at least one four star?

There have been reports of more four or five stars, but never less than 1 in Sets 1 or 2.

Actually I'm pretty sure Logress (or possibly Lupos) confirmed that 5*s were guaranteed in the old boxes a long time ago. Also Logress indirectly reconfirmed it in some of his past comments about the set 3 change. After all why point out set 3 boxes no longer has guarenteed 5*s unless the previous sets boxes did?

InigoMontoya wrote:I'm well aware that all future sets will have 60 cards. The difference between Sets 1 and 2, and future sets is there were 8 five-stars instead of 4. So to have a guarantee of one of 4 five stars is a much better guarantee than one of 8, that's why they need to charge more.

They do not NEED to charge more, that's simply why they choose to do so. Probably 95% of alteil players will never get even close to having a playset of 5*s in any set, for them this change had almost no effect outside of the 5*s they used as soul cards. Its just those 5% of players who spend the big bucks for complete sets that this change was aimed to diabolically abuse, taking advantage of their abundance of money and strong desire for complete sets (or at least sets of the key 5*s they desire) it forced them to spend just as much (probably even more) as they did on the first sets even though they were getting far less product for their money. You could argue its supply and demand, as long as there are people who badly want certain 5*s and are willing to pay absurd prices they can keep raising the price. It helps make money, but it also kind of spits in the face of your most loyal and valuable customers so its not a business practice I'd ever use.

It gets worse when you consider how much randomness this game uses since, as InigoMontoya found first hand, its possible you could spend the big bucks, and still not get what you want. That's only going to alienate very valuable customers, and thus is just another reason why this is a bad business practice in my opinion, but in the end if that 5% are still spending big bucks on packs (and you get less cards from packs then boxes so in a way they're still making extra profit then if boxes were the same as set 1-2 off these 5%ers) they don't really have any reason to care, their wallets are still getting lined.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Peralisc2 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:26 pm

Thats why i am asking for some cheap boxes. Because of the many rants about "you need to spend sooo much to get 1 five star". With 3300 gran box thats making people feel like ranting even more.

Well i changed my mind a bit. So count my vote if at least 25% of the alteil population buys or bought 2 boxes or more. It would benefit those at least and i think at least some should see some improvement in this game, thats all.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau