User suggestions to improve the game

Re: The 3300 Gran Box Thread

Postby InigoMontoya » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:43 pm

Thank you, Thank you, Peralisc and Dan!

;th2
InigoMontoya

Postby InigoMontoya » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:00 am

Sorry to the Board Moderators for resurrecting this long dead thread, but I wanted to point out that I was pretty alone in fighting for the Gold Box. Now it seems like people are pretty happy! Kudos to Alteil US for listening and being open to the suggestion. I'm imagining they must have encountered a lot of resistance since it took months to enact. ;th2
InigoMontoya

Postby Romdeau » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:25 am

Well, it's proof I guess that occasionally they pay attention. Money does talk after all.
Romdeau

Postby Galandros » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:56 pm

Very nice (and appropriate) resurrection. I always liked the idea of the bigger box with a 5 star, but somehow I missed posting in this topic before.
All-teal!!!!!!
Galandros

Postby DanTheTimid » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:06 pm

Romdeau wrote:Well, it's proof I guess that occasionally they pay attention. Money does talk after all.

I think they pay attention a LOT more then people give them credit for, but as has been stated before, many suggestions just aren't viable, others take a lot of time to implement. This one took some time, but wasn't too complicated and was very viable. The fact it happens to cater to their biggest spenders might be a coincidence, it might not, but even if it was its smart business practice on their part. It doesn't hurt free or low spenders in anyway, but makes their big spenders, the people most responsible for keeping this game afloat, happier. In the end there were no losers, only winners. Regardless of the fact that this change will likely never affect or help me in anyway I think it was a good move on their part, both in helping out the big spenders, and in further proving that they really do listen to player suggestions.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Xovian » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:43 pm

Galandros wrote:Very nice (and appropriate) resurrection. I always liked the idea of the bigger box with a 5 star, but somehow I missed posting in this topic before.

I was overseas when this topic was running around apparently, so sorry i missed it.
I'm Chromatic, I embody all Spheres.
Xovian

Postby DDrgn » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:41 pm

"Patience is a virtue" I suppose?

Well, I'm sure the US Alteil team has plenty of ideas going around, it's just a matter of:

A) Can it be easily implemented into the current system without too much extra coding?
B) If implemented, will there be any concerns or downsides that outweigh potential benefits?
C) Will the Japanese Alteil team approve?

If all three of those can work without any problems, I think then an idea can be used. I mean, didn't someone(Logress?) say that even something as simple as character dialogue had to be approved by the Japanese Alteil team first? Ah, I'm probably going off on a tangent. xD

Really nice to know that the US Alteil team is trying out ideas, even if they are kinda old and aren't quite 100% the same as initially suggested. ;th2
( ゚ ヮ゚)b
DDrgn

Postby Romdeau » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:54 pm

I'm actually kinda curious too Multi, whether or not they saw this thread and said "this is a good idea" and implemented it several months later. Maybe someone at the discussion table just brought it up while they were having a meeting and they said "wow, that's a good idea, let's do it".
Romdeau

Postby crimsonshade » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:03 pm

Romdeau wrote:I'm actually kinda curious too Multi, whether or not they saw this thread and said "this is a good idea" and implemented it several months later. Maybe someone at the discussion table just brought it up while they were having a meeting and they said "wow, that's a good idea, let's do it".

If that really were the case, then it would do them good to notice this thread now and realise that players have good opinions too, just as good as upper management.
crimsonshade

Postby InigoMontoya » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:06 pm

Romdeau wrote:I'm actually kinda curious too Multi, whether or not they saw this thread and said "this is a good idea" and implemented it several months later. Maybe someone at the discussion table just brought it up while they were having a meeting and they said "wow, that's a good idea, let's do it".

I recently contacted the GM's and they let me know they acted on my suggestion to implement Gold boxes. The process just took awhile.
InigoMontoya

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau