rarity-1 card store

User suggestions to improve the game

rarity-1 card store

Postby zwanglos » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:00 pm

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong spot, didn't see any other more appropriate places to put it.

I'm unfortunately finding the card lottery to be a giant gran-pit (which translates sometimes to a real-world-money-pit) because I keep getting the same worthless cards (worthless to my specific deck, anyway) over and over again.

I've been trying to get enough soul pacts (Rarity 1) for my lawtia deck, which they sorely need, but to this date (I've played almost a month and dumped, to use the appropriate word, about $20 into this game) I've gotten a grand total of just one through the card lottery, but oh boy I keep getting Folrart Guardians and Haste Soldiers like they grow on trees. And I swear to god I've gotten at least 20 Gaia Gem Monks within the past two weeks. I once recycled 4 Gem Monks and then got 2 more back in the next lottery, recycled those two and then got another one in the lottery after that. I swear if I see that stupid, smug little monk and his stupid necklace of glittering green gems again I'm gonna lose it!

Hell, I've somehow managed to get 2x Chaos Lady through the lottery but I can't get more than one soul pact to save my life.

Suggestion: this game sorely needs a Rarity-1 card store for spending gran. I wouldn't mind dropping 20-30 gran on a single rarity-1 card if I knew exactly what I was getting, it would be far better than watching my money disappear through the lottery as it is now. Rarity 2-through-5 could stay in the domain of lotteries and card packs and such, I don't really care. I just want to buy some damn soul pacts :(

Even by looking at the 150-gran card packs currently sold in the store, where you get 2 rarity-2s and 3 rarity-1s, the price per rarity-1 card works out to something close to 20 or 30 gran anyway (depending on how much you'd value a rarity-2 at).

When I used to play magic: the gathering, I'd be able to go to the local card store and pick up common cards that I needed for about 10 or 20 cents. The card store would open up a huge set of boosters, have the rare cards on display for high prices but let you buy the common ones for cheap, and it worked. Nobody would want to spend money on multiple booster packs if all they were looking for was a single swamp card.

And no, I don't want to throw 10 point cards away to get a rarity 1 card, that's pretty ridiculous. Those things are hard enough to come by as it is.

I really enjoy this game, but this situation is becoming frustrating enough to make me want to quit for good. :|
zwanglos

Re: rarity-1 card store

Postby Grain » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:09 pm

zwanglos wrote:Even by looking at the 150-gran card packs currently sold in the store, where you get 2 rarity-2s and 3 rarity-1s, the price per rarity-1 card works out to something close to 20 or 30 gran anyway (depending on how much you'd value a rarity-2 at).

The 150 gran packs are your best option. You'll waste even more gran every time you get one of the 240 cards from sets 1, 3, and 4.
Grain

Postby zwanglos » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:20 pm

I actually already purchased a Lawtia Reinforcement, as well as one of the 400-gran EX packs, but neither have the cards I'm currently interested in. Death Dragon is great, but I rarely have the SP to get him out on the field. That problem would be solved with a soul pact or two, perhaps :roll:

Anyway, I would have considered a rarity-1 store to be a basic feature of the game. I'm surprised/disappointed that it wasn't put in a long time ago.
zwanglos

Postby Grain » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:37 pm

zwanglos wrote:I actually already purchased a Lawtia Reinforcement, as well as one of the 400-gran EX packs, but neither have the cards I'm currently interested in. Death Dragon is great, but I rarely have the SP to get him out on the field. That problem would be solved with a soul pact or two, perhaps :roll:

Anyway, I would have considered a rarity-1 store to be a basic feature of the game. I'm surprised/disappointed that it wasn't put in a long time ago.

If they put in every feature from the start, we'd get bored quickly and crave more. Then we'd quit the game since there would be nothing left for CoreEdge to give us. That's the reason Lavato Heroes as been "coming soon" for a whole year now.
Grain

Postby zwanglos » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:16 pm

Grain wrote:If they put in every feature from the start, we'd get bored quickly and crave more. Then we'd quit the game since there would be nothing left for CoreEdge to give us.

That's what expansion packs with new cards are for.

I would not grow 'bored' of being able to buy a specific rarity-1 card I wanted :|
zwanglos

Postby Romdeau » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:20 pm

If the lotto isn't working out for you, have you tried buying set 2 packs? Anyhow I find it slightly ludicrous that you're getting upset over not being able to obtain 3 soul pacts-I'm sure there are plenty of other cards you have to work with, and I'm sure you've considered playing at least one other sphere, right? Being able to generate an extra sp or 2 from those grims is NOT gonna make or break a death dragon file. You need to be able generate a lot more sp from other means, or simply play it end game when all of your units die.
Romdeau

Postby Korokage » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:22 pm

Interesting idea. It could work, but once you have all the rarity 1s there is no point in it. Thankfully we have noobs coming in like every day, so at least a rarity 1 store would never go out of business.
Disclaimer: I no longer throw Sea Behemoths. Now I throw random units and grims with annoying effects. :3
Korokage

Postby zwanglos » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:57 pm

Romdeau wrote:Anyhow I find it slightly ludicrous that you're getting upset over not being able to obtain 3 soul pacts-I'm sure there are plenty of other cards you have to work with...

I can't make a deck with 20 Gaia Gem Monks :P
zwanglos

Postby Eldena » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:58 pm

Although i have almost all the 1s i need, i believe that a rarity 1 store with a bit overpriced cards (50g each for example)would be awesome and very helpfull to all the new players.
Leader of: ~Kingdom Hearts~

Kingdom Hearts (lvl 3 guild) is recruiting, just pm me :D
Eldena

Postby Verily » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:12 pm

I agree. I recently did 100 lotteries for the fun of it, and then bought 3600 gran worth of set 1 (plus some of those were recycled for more set 1). I just want a Kesaran Pasaran, or a few. Didn't get a single one. >.>; Nor did I get any of the other cards I wanted for themed decks, like Elite Crest Knight or so on. Though that's a two star, so not related to this thread.
Verily

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau