rarity-1 card store

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: rarity-1 card store

Postby Otonashi » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:53 pm

I have to wonder why people still play the game after complaining so much about it. >.>

Nobody is making you buy. Nobody is making you play. If this game is worth so much money to you, then go ahead and spend that much, and if it's not, then don't. It's as simple as that. If something you want is too expensive, then you gotta decide if it's worth it to you, and either save up money or don't buy it. There's no point in just whining about the price. And consider yourself lucky you don't even need to buy the right to play every month like most other online games.
Otonashi

Postby Xovian » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:59 pm

Knew this was coming.

Trying to make a game better or at least adding input to do such =/= Complaining.

Just an fyi for you as well, there are far more "free to play" online games then those that have monthly charges.
Can't go to half the sites i visit with out being spammed by all of them (banners).
Ironic isn't it, it's how i found Alteil as well. (On ANN at the time.)
I'm Chromatic, I embody all Spheres.
Xovian

Postby Otonashi » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:16 pm

Xovian wrote:Knew this was coming.

Give yourself a medal :P

Trying to make a game better or at least adding input to do such =/= Complaining.

You're right, that's not complaining. Too bad none of that is happening here. Most of what I see here is "Cards are too expensive wah wah". (I'm not singling anybody out with this comment, there's lots of people.)

Just an fyi for you as well, there are far more "free to play" online games then those that have monthly charges.

Why aren't you playing them then, instead of Alteil? (I'm genuinely curious)
Otonashi

Postby Xovian » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:20 pm

Otonashi wrote:Why aren't you playing them then, instead of Alteil? (I'm genuinely curious)

Alteil is also a "free to play", figure it out genius.
I'm Chromatic, I embody all Spheres.
Xovian

Postby Otonashi » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:28 pm

Xovian wrote:
Otonashi wrote:Why aren't you playing them then, instead of Alteil? (I'm genuinely curious)

Alteil is also a "free to play", figure it out genius.

:X I can't figure it out. I guess I'm just stupid, but the reason why people would hang around here and whine and complain about the price of cards of a 'free' game instead of playing a genuinely free one escapes me. Especially since losing money on bad lotto and pack draws doesn't seem to repel anybody, but only makes spend more money and cause them to come to the forum to complain about it as if they were blaming the developers for their poor decisions. I mean, people are still playing, so the game must not be so bad, and people are also still buying, so they must believe they are getting something out of their money, but neither playing nor buying has ceased even though apparently there are much more fun, less expensive games out there.

Please don't dodge my question.
Otonashi

Postby DWildstar » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:39 pm

All right guys, cool down, no need to get personal here. Try to keep the discussion constructive ;a33
DWildstar

Postby luckysvn777 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:54 pm

Aw, I got all economical and everything, and put some effort into my post, and now its completely ignored and random flaming starts. :(

Oh, Internet, you so funny.
luckysvn777

Postby Peralisc2 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:21 am

Most web based games that are free, also give extras to those that spend money, but they generaly suck ****. Then the games that are completly free also mostly suck ****. I guess there needs to be some motivation for a good game.

Main reason for bringing this up is to make some changes that makes the damn community grow already and have even 2000 iczers on at a time. This and the extra mini-games and some modes (2v2) maybe is what i think would make the game damn popular.
If the system ain't convinient enough to make the playerbase larger then we need to discuss at least a way that would make it more appealing. Sure they have their own to keep to mentain some income ...
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Azul » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:54 am

Difference between no barrier to get into an uneven playing field and a cost to get into an even playing field.

Yes, we need more stuff to do. Games get stale. Partly because resources are so limited so actions get codified very very fasted. No mystery. Okay, maybe that's hyperbole. Very little mystery.
Azul

Postby Phenoca » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:33 am

InigoMontoya wrote:My personal belief is you never, ever recycle unless you have more than 3 of any card.

Yeah.
Unless it's Ancient Spear Knight, Girl Spectre, Blitz Beetles, Ork, or Crest Mindsoldier ; )

Xovian wrote:Most people agree that due to the complete lack of trading, that randomized anything as far as acquiring cards, is just flat stupid.

I would agree with you, up to $30.
Yet... That would be assuming that you've already bought EX, so I suppose buying random cards is only a bad idea if you have donated less than $42.

Otonashi wrote:Free Money + Ability to transfer money = Mass farming.

I think that cards of rarities * and ** should be tradeable. Or have ***s tradeable for any lower-rarity card.

Harterial wrote:Part of the satisfaction in the game is wondering what you're going to draw when you click the buy button, and being pleasantly surprised.

That sounds exactly like gambling.

I would use point cards to get a third *, or to get a key unit. I'm planning on Lavende now.

Xovian wrote:a more reliable way of getting cards that have not been gotten would be more prudent[...] as many other players have said, not having 3 of a good majority of units (grims are an exception thankfully), dissipates how useful they can be[...] I think EX sales should be a large "eye opener" for those who are in the know, and have access to the data. If such sales are good over all for the active player base, just think what having various "sets", even if similar to the "reinforcements", which i think is one of the best moves in the right direction for the game, will do for the game.

Agreed.

zwanglos wrote:9) Limited-edition EX packs. I'm still counting this as a reason because there is no EX lottery, regardless of what people are promising for the time being. "Hey guess what, I can absolutely murder you with a bunch of cards you'll never be able to have! Awesome, eh?"

Haha!
Been there.

zwanglos wrote:If trading was ever implemented I can guarantee that all sorts of similar decks would pop up, because people would trade for the "good cards" that made popular meta files, and everyone would run them.

:(
Fine - you are right. Then more 'reinforcement' packs would help.

And I've always wanted to see the new level-up cards. My Set 2 cards are obsolete, and I'd like to be level 1 again.

@Peralisc2: What 'trained' list?

Otonashi wrote:I have to wonder why people still play the game after complaining so much about it. >.>

To get weekly-gran.

Peralisc2 wrote:This and the extra mini-games and some modes (2v2) maybe is what i think would make the game damn popular.
If the system ain't convinient enough to make the playerbase larger then we need to discuss at least a way that would make it more appealing. Sure they have their own to keep to mentain some income ...

Yes, 2v2 indeed. As well as a level-reset option.

@Azul: Hyperbol never gets stale!
flood + Pakistan = hunger
Phenoca

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau