Petition for single-card of your choice shop! vote please

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Petition for single-card of your choice shop! vote please

Postby luckysvn777 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:13 pm

Diversity from new cards increases to a point... but once you make every card available, people will naturally pick the best

The files wouldn't be the exact same... but, in this current meta for example, I wouldn't be surprised if its just variations of EM, EN, Primclone/Big Red, etc that are played. Why try a weaker file if you can win with the others... especially if, since everyone who could, would do it, you'll be playing against meta much more often. So sure, people could try to be diverse and play new files, but they'd be instantly crushed, and have to return to meta anyway.

Except for those rare iczers who would rather play "for fun" that is..
luckysvn777

Postby Xovian » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:27 pm

@luckysvn777,

One thing you are forgetting. If a file becomes too common, people will make counter files.
And they will still do well vs other files, but will outright slaughter the files they counter.
This was very true during set2 when "big" files were the new in thing.

People began running counters, some as much as maximum allowable (during the time frame there were a number of people running up to 4 Sin soul skills (sin/sala soldier) just to punish people running big files. Of the 4 sphere, only "big blue" could even have a chance and it relied a lot more on player skill then just simple play card X on certain turn. However Big Blue could be out right owned by lycan files or any files that ran the Succubus and other SP denying cards (at the time Shade removed 2sp when played).

There is no such thing as a completely domineering file, there are always counters (not true for set one, but thats changed). If any file becomes too common, take it to the bank people will adapt and start using counter files, just as they have always done.
I'm Chromatic, I embody all Spheres.
Xovian

Postby Peralisc2 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:41 pm

I didn't see any answer to "you dont let me get what i want for 500$, i wait for lotto up rarity and get everything then and dont play until then". :?
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby luckysvn777 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:52 pm

True. But why exactly would one play a counter file, and thus lose to other files, when one can spend a little more and just play the file they were trying to counter, and thus win against a lot more?

From what i've seen, counter files designed to stop just one strategy are simply used because the people in question don't have the cards to do said strategy..

You know, except for the files that unintentionally are great counters to certain files... but that's a different thing
luckysvn777

Postby odanobunaga » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:52 pm

i am for this. Lady luck is a b**tch and I think It's time to overthrow her from this tyrannical position. Free choice... for everyone. Down for random.
odanobunaga

Postby Peralisc2 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:15 am

Peralisc2 wrote:I didn't see any answer to "you dont let me get what i want for 500$, i wait for lotto up rarity and get everything then and dont play until then". :?

Sigh, to think they didn't add lotto rarity up ... and that is the only time players actually can get all cards for less than WAY TOO MUCH gran.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Harion » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:45 am

vote yes
pricing be damned and everything else
i'd rather down $1000 on something i want
than spend $1000 and not get what i want
all agree?
they already have the EX cards, so why not just everything else for a price?
single cards and not packs so you can choose just what you want
My goal is not to win, but to have fun.
But since winning is fun, I can't help but to make winning my goal.
--
Bear killing axe-man was meant to be what it's name suggests - a killer unit. Sadly, there were no bears to kill in Alteil.
Harion

Postby Pancakes » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:21 pm

luckysvn777 wrote:Diversity from new cards increases to a point... but once you make every card available, people will naturally pick the best

The files wouldn't be the exact same... but, in this current meta for example, I wouldn't be surprised if its just variations of EM, EN, Primclone/Big Red, etc that are played. Why try a weaker file if you can win with the others... especially if, since everyone who could, would do it, you'll be playing against meta much more often. So sure, people could try to be diverse and play new files, but they'd be instantly crushed, and have to return to meta anyway.

Except for those rare iczers who would rather play "for fun" that is..

not everyone thinks like you. Some people would actually go out of their way to purchase counter cards. For instance maybe Proposition is a natural counter to shrine knights. But I guess we'll never know as not many people actually have a play set for him.

Anyways that said... I'd only allow the purchase of 4star and below because some 5 star are much too influential to overall game balance. Like the one that increases your attack every time you attack. Who wouldn't buy at least one of them. There would be a glut. It would be more like a 2 star rarity. Same for Miffyre, the Proxies, Eskatia, and Verlaat. And I'd hate to see a single additional Allind or Zu deck. Thanks to the seasonal event you have more Zu's than ever. Such a boring file to play against... "Gee let's set and watch you gather SP while I try to assasinate it" ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz
I can only use Bringer, BKR Jack, and returns cuz I'm a free player. It's my best shot at winning!
Pancakes

Previous

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau