Single-Player with advancement

User suggestions to improve the game

Single-Player with advancement

Postby just4yoshi » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:36 am

Hello,
I am still new and I like this game, but it is pretty rediculous to have to wait for 5 minutes to fight for the same amount of time just trying to find an opponent. I don't know the best solution to this, but I am being forced to go against levels much higher than myself just to be able to play!
just4yoshi

Re: Single-Player with advancement

Postby Peralisc2 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:39 am

They could add bots that are active only when the arena is nearly empty. There won't always be a decent amount of regus / crest players.
Peralisc2

Postby just4yoshi » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:00 am

Peralisc2 wrote:They could add bots that are active only when the arena is nearly empty. There won't always be a decent amount of regus / crest players.

That sounds like a decent idea. Also, why not have advancement and stuff in the solo-player? I beat a level 10 at level 1 and got nothing :evil:
just4yoshi

Postby DWildstar » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:15 am

just4yoshi wrote:
Peralisc2 wrote:They could add bots that are active only when the arena is nearly empty. There won't always be a decent amount of regus / crest players.

That sounds like a decent idea. Also, why not have advancement and stuff in the solo-player? I beat a level 10 at level 1 and got nothing :evil:

Right now the NPCs are still very new and intended for new players who are figuring out the game and for people testing out new card files if they can't get someone to play with (or just don't want to).

I think there's nothing given for beating the NPC because if there was, there'd likely be lots of people grinding with the NPC instead of playing real people and the core of the game really is about playing o†her people.
DWildstar

Postby DanTheTimid » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:56 am

NPCs are new but I hope they are expanded upon, there are two ideas in particular I like for how they could be used:

The first idea is to have single player "campaigns" in which you play several cpus in succession earning rewards and perhaps revealing story within the lavato universe along the way. The game could have one initial free single player campaign all players get to let them see what single player campaigns are like, maybe have it give out a few cards but it'll be pretty short and mainly just give out FM and be a way of showing them what to expect from single player campaigns, entice them in as it were. After that all other single player campaigns must be purchased. By playing through the campaign you eventually earn a few more cards then you would have if you'd just straight up bought those cards with the same money you paid for the campaign being spent on packs. For example, a campaign could cost 900 gran (normally gets you 6 packs) and consists of 5 different opponents, the first 4 you must beat 3 times each to proceed to the next one and on beating them for the third time you win a pack, the final one is the boss, you must only beat once, but is especially difficult and gives you 3 packs for beating. In the end if you beat the campaign you received 7 packs total, so you gained an extra pack for your 900 gran and the fun of playing through a single player campaign and maybe seeing some story, but you had to work to earn your packs and in buying a campaign you always run the risk that you might get stuck and be unable to beat the campaign with your current skill/cards thus at least for the time being missing out on cards you could have just purchased. Once you do beat a campaign you can always replay it, but all you get for winning it after the initial play through is FM.

The second idea is to have levels of computers to choose from and to have the computers give out lesser/different rewards then human opponents to still encourage playing pvp. Basically you chose a level and are randomly paired with a computer of that level (maybe 4 different opponents per level, 1 for each sphere). Level 1 (beginner) opponents gives out only 1 FM for winning and nothing is lost for losing, level 2 (intermediate) give out 5 FM and a 1 in 100 chance of getting a treasure battle but you lose 1 FM if you lose. Level 3 (Expert) opponents give out 15 FM and a 1 in 50 chance of getting a treasure battle but you lose 5 FM if you lose. That in itself might be enough but you could also have 2 other "levels" of cpu opponents, a level 4 top 50 opponent (computer's file is loaded with that of the most recently used file from a random top 50 RP player in the game), and a level 5 BOSS difficult in which the computer uses non-player cards, cards that are clearly too strong (such as Batora recently used) and thus require really advanced strategies to be defeated by players. The top 50 could have the same rewards as level 3 (seeing a top 50 file with out your win/loss or RP record being effected is a reward in its own right) and the BOSS characters could give out 30 FM and a 1 in 30 chance of a treasure battle but cost you 15 FM in a loss.

With the way the NPCs are set up currently I think the latter option (minus the top 50 thing which is just an optional additional idea but not really necessary) would probably be the easiest to implement, but really both would be cool additional ways for players to enjoy the game while still leaving pvp play as the only way to earn experience, gran, and to effect your win/loss record while still getting FM (and probably a higher chance at treasure battles).

Edit: After thinking about it, it'd be really nice too for my second idea if they could make the cpu treasure battles "silent" battles, that is to say, you don't know your in a treasure battle, you just got told you won something at the end if it happened to be a treasure battle and you won. In that way players who didn't care about the FM penalty for losing couldn't just keep entering and quitting matches until they got a treasure battle cause they wouldn't know if they did or didn't get one.
DanTheTimid

Postby Xovian » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:22 am

@Dan

Nice ideas, i hope something like these are implemented.
Though to expand on your first idea, have multiple levels of the campaigns, and multiples with each campaign.
This way people can purchase as much as they want, but the files will be vastly different, and you will never know which one you will get.
This encourages spending (many times) and is a nice added addition on the take of getting new cards.

Easy way to think of it would be like such:
First battle in Campaign 1:
Refess: Files 1, 2, or 3
Lawtia: Files 1, 2, or 3
Gowen: Files 1, 2, or 3
Falkow: Files 1, 2, or 3
Randomized order, you will not always get Refess first, nor will you always get the same file if you do face a given sphere.
Second stage of Campaign 1:
Refess: Files 1, 2, or 3
Lawtia: Files 1, 2, or 3
Gowen: Files 1, 2, or 3
Falkow: Files 1, 2, or 3
Also randomized on both sphere and file, this repeats until the "Boss", which should have a couple files that are random as well.

This idea repeats for each Campaign 1- *. The "*" being however many total campaigns the staff/GM's suggest is ideal.
The only real work would be having it where the campaign saves your current status (no unfinished games) but if you were on round 2 of 5 and you have to leave you'd want to be able to continue where you left off, thus starting at round 3 if you finished round 2.

Add in multiple level difficulties for each campaign and it could be a lot of fun, and could be repeatedly indefinitely.
As new sets/EX come out, change the files too if the new cards fit the file.

That would be a truly epic campaign, and once most people have gotten some cards they want from this, you will see them trying their luck in Folrart.
Part of the problem of keeping players when they get to Folrart is many feel they dont have a good base of cards, and few would admit they just lack experience as well. This would give both in my opinion.
Xovian

Postby ANIMEniac » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:41 am

Would be something pretty cool to turn the NPC into a campaign. People say its pretty tough to get cards starting off. I think it would be nice if the campaign gave a 1 time reward (kind of like a lvl up reward) for each NPC you defeated. Like if you beat a Refress NPC you will get a Refress card (like fighting GM). It would really help players grab the extra cards they need to tweak their decks for folrart.
ANIMEniac

Postby Akoru » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:09 pm

Odd thing is, in single player mode, the NCP always play their cards in order everytime. Like the level 1 NCP always start with a Inquisition Raid Leader and so on. But I also agree that it should have like a Campaign mode or something. :lol:
Akoru

Postby Gota » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:01 pm

I suggest that on a campaign, players are not allowed to switch out decks ;)

They have to beat the (insert number here) NPCs with the same deck.
That would make it more challenging =D

And also more importantly, it helps an iczer improve their deck's versatility against all/most situations.
Gota

Postby Peralisc2 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:17 am

That would ask for meta decks.
Peralisc2

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau