Set 5 Card Balance

User suggestions to improve the game

Set 5 Card Balance

Postby Peralisc2 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:55 pm

Do you think there are any overpowered or underpowered cards that got released in set 5?

Personally i have a hard time finding the OP or the useless cards in this set. I mean last sets i could usualy tell for example "hey that card is crap" and i was mostly right about it.

This set all cards seem to be balanced, except mirelia (which imo should have a 2 SP actionskill and/or maybe be level 5). Sure they are not all at the same level of usefulness but they all seem to have potential and usefulness, it's as if there is more thought put into this set than into any other one.

Could be just my impression, but this is how i really feel about set 5 so far.
Peralisc2

Re: Set 5 card balance?

Postby luckysvn777 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:56 pm

You know what I'll say is OP. So I won't.

However, other than that one blip, I think this set so far is perfectly balanced, and unlike previous sets, there are a lot of very very strong files floating about. Well done :D
luckysvn777

Postby Peralisc2 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:57 pm

Just to be clear. I talk only about set 5 cards, so please everyone say what you think about set 5 cards only.
Peralisc2

Postby Phenoca » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:06 pm

I like Emana, Safiria, Rasam, and the mermaids.

All other cards are there to elude my card-hunting (though Shrine Knight subtypes look really cool)!

Also, this set is the most powerful set out there as of yet, and makes some of the Set 1 & Set 2 cards obsolete (I am specifically thinking of Harpy's 2 SP skill, but a lot of *-rarities could use errata).

Pancakes wrote:Once the fascination with Falkow rares calms down a bit people will say, "Hey I never even used this card" They will use that card. And they will smile. And feel fuzzy.

I'll try it with Healing Priest if I do not get Rasam or Emana.

Pancakes wrote:I think Undead will become one of the strongest files even to rival eternal morning. Just nobody has figured it out yet.

Good! Because I certainly could not beat it with most of my files, and a Falkow-rush or Heierrat rush is hard to use against other files.

Pancakes wrote:(thank goodness I got Athira Shin ^^ ) But I got no 5 star out of it but I don't really care.

What? That is the first card I recycled (no Miracle Fruits here).

Still... Want... Emana!

NoFish wrote:Death Knight and Rasam both worry me,

I strongly agree.
Last edited by Phenoca on Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Phenoca

Postby Pancakes » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:41 pm

I made a post the morning it came out. I looked at the cards on the card info and they seemed better balance wise than set 4 even just 'on paper'

in reality they are really really good. And the thing is that big spenders have tunnel vision for the rare cards and so a lot of them aren't realizing just how much the low rarities are changing the possibilities in this game. One unit that I get a strong strong feeling will be played more in the future is that night soul card. And that's not even the tip of the iceberg. Once the fascination with Falkow rares calms down a bit people will say, "Hey I never even used this card" They will use that card. And they will smile. And feel fuzzy.

Then there are the mid level Refess cards people aren't touching much so far (none shrine night) and so many others.

Lawtia is the most complicated set of cards this set I beleive. It's very complex to set up the file and the timing to get the most of cards unless you just spend spend spend and get all the magic dolls + EX magic doll. Then it's a bit simplier the way most seem to like it. But most people will have to find a way to get the magic dolls to work without having them all and I strongly think they can work even without complete set.

Oh yeah, and the undead cards. People haven't even scratched the surface of how far undead can go. I think it will require sophistication and insight and tenacity in order to extract the potential that undead has. I think Undead will become one of the strongest files even to rival eternal morning. Just nobody has figured it out yet.

All in all set 5 is really really good. I spent $45 on set 5 and I'm satisfied with what I got (thank goodness I got Athira Shin ^^ ) But I got no 5 star out of it but I don't really care. If I get one from lotto, fantastic, if not, whatever. Ever since I first started playing this game I wanted certain cards, I now have/had those cards and there is only one rarity 3 character card left and if I get that card I'll have all the cards I have yearned for. I didn't think that would happen. But IF I can manage to get the three star card (Already saving up the point cards ^^) - My collection will be good to go.
Pancakes

Postby NoFish » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:37 pm

Mirelia is the only greatly overpowered card I can think of and she's already been touched on. Parts Recycle strikes me as being too good for its level, and could probably use an increase to 3 as it gives Scarlet Rose instant access to her slash, and Violet X2 instant access to her assassination provided that White Lily is on the field.

Key to the Holy Realm seems like it could be a little too strong, but that might just be because I often play decks that have difficulty dealing with high Def.

Death Knight and Rasam both worry me, but I have yet to see much of either and there may well be a good reason for that.

Katana Dual Wielder / Sakura is without a doubt underpowered for his level. He has a very nice open skill, granted, but in most situations a grim could simply do it better and his stats are weak for a level 4 much less a level 5. For the same cost you could play Bazger, Dilate or Athira Shin just to name a few.

God of Anger / Dista is also pretty decidedly mediocre.
NoFish

Crest Devil Knight

Postby Phenoca » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:39 pm

Whaaa! Too overpowered!

This is the second time in a row I falkow-rush someone and they just get owned, plus an assassin on the LeBeau'd tank.

Odd how they both had LeBeau SS... But Crest Devil Knight outclasses Spell Lancer, Emerald Carbuncle, and so many more cards. Playing with two of these in my SS-lineup is too cheap (since I would complain about this if I did not have the SS).

Overpowered... So non-situational...

EDIT: Ok, I this was not related. I was just impressed at having my first SS which allows me to target two enemy units of my choice.
Last edited by Phenoca on Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phenoca

Postby Romdeau » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:45 pm

Merged Phenoca Crest Devil thread with this one.
Romdeau

Postby luckysvn777 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:59 pm

Subtract AGI x 10 from the HP of two enemy units is OP? More so than Elena which would do more or the same damage if the enemy had no defense and AGI 4 or lower? Which is like 99% of matches.

Really, that SS seems like a key counter for certain new files, but then just an ordinary damage SS to me. I see nothing wrong with it. If anything, its not that good because most of the time you'd want a subtract effect, it'll be against Refess, and will do almost no damage.
luckysvn777

Postby DarthRaider » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:21 pm

Crest Devil Knight SS + Sylph = Crazy, DF piercing damage
That's the only combo that would make his SS very powerful.
Last edited by DarthRaider on Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarthRaider

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau