Set 5 Card Balance

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Set 5 Card Balance

Postby luckysvn777 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:44 pm

Peralisc2 wrote:I did read the post, it's just that you missed the hole point and stop being a prick.

Uh, I missed the whole point by pointing out that you missed the whole point? Yea, that makes no sense. I don't see what the problem is.

And yay, let's call each other insults over the internet cuz we are mature :roll:

Once again, Peral post, moving on.
luckysvn777

Postby Harion » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:58 pm

you two argue like husband and housewife
any chance we'll get to see the end of this love story?
My goal is not to win, but to have fun.
But since winning is fun, I can't help but to make winning my goal.
--
Bear killing axe-man was meant to be what it's name suggests - a killer unit. Sadly, there were no bears to kill in Alteil.
Harion

Postby DWildstar » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:55 pm

Pera, Lucky, Harion, if you don't have something to contribute, don't post in the thread. If you want to take jabs at each other do it via PM otherwise I'll just lock this thread.
DWildstar

Re: Is there going to be an Errata for set 5?

Postby exemplar » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:34 pm

Peralisc2 wrote:
InigoMontoya wrote:Thanks, Exemplar - I believe you about Galandros. I must have just happened to run into him when he was using EM on the rare occasion.

It seemed to me like he played 98% of the time EM. :/

No offense meant, but you yourself admitted to not playing much during set 4 Peralisc. Lucky was with me in the trenches and he backs me up on what he believes Galandros is playing.

While there won't be any fool proof way to say which one he was playing more often short of getting a GM to pull log files (unlikely to happen) or Galandros stating which one he used more (chances are, he could pilot a modded falkow starter to a high RP rating), I'm going to stand by my statement that he was playing a lot of primclone.

Worthing was playing a lot of Primclone end of set 4 as well, and he was in the top 3 RP rankings until he had a few bad matchups. Its further evidence that Primclone is top tier meta.
Character conversations on hiatus until I get my photobucket sorted out.

Blog on hiatus until I find a new hosting site.
exemplar

Re: Is there going to be an Errata for set 5?

Postby InigoMontoya » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:27 pm

exemplar wrote:... Its further evidence that Primclone is top tier meta.

Just to clarify, Exemplar, the argument isn't about Primclone being "top tier meta" if by that you mean a very effective high level file. No one (to my knowledge) disputes that. I personally use it because it is very effective. The argument is that Primclone is the most effective file type currently. Initially, the statement was made that Primclone is the most effective file type ever. I think I effectively countered that. Then the statement was made that Primclone has been the most effective file type since its inception. I think I proved that wrong as well (and your own posting about your performance during Set 3 backed me up). My position was that Primclone wasn't the most effective file type until Set 5, but your testimony that Galandros was #1 last set due to Primclone destroyed that argument. :D
InigoMontoya

Postby Peralisc2 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:46 am

No offense meant, but you yourself admitted to not playing much during set 4 Peralisc.

I played lots during set 4 too, but then played little by the end of it (when i was about to grind the last 3 EX packs, the falkow ones, i simply lost my mood). And i just said what i remember, didn't try to contradict what others remembered playing against.

There were a lot of EM and Primrose-return and they were in the top weekly grinders and the top RP.

How many primrose-return players are there currently? Just curious.
And usually when there is someone playing a lot one file and winning tons, the guys with the counters show up as if someone paid them to camp and counter that file. It has counters, but none that instantly end the game for the primrose player, so a mega-counter is the only way people might counter a file enough to make it played less?
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby luckysvn777 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:51 am

I'd say there's about 3 good ones and i've seen about 5-6 other ones as well. Though a few of those don't always play it.
luckysvn777

Postby Romdeau » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:24 am

Stop talking about Primclone in a manner that is unrelated to balance in a thread that is dedicated to Set 5 card balance.
Romdeau

Previous

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau