Set 5 Card Balance

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Set 5 Card Balance

Postby ZeroX1999 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:44 am

Wow... just got back from fighting a return deck with a Shin in it... completely lost in so many ways it was stupid. I couldn't believe its not butter kinda shock. I thought Shin was pretty cheap but not too bad, until I found out that 3 sp seriously is not hard to get and his level makes it very easy to summon and a start skill that is beyond anything this game can compare to. Its... almost like a Belus with a start skill that engages all level 5 level units and below on the enemy's field.

I hope to God that they will balance him in someway to prevent a super nuke with super regenerating powers that can rival Wolverine with the unstoppable Hp of 100 that can be recovered by 3 sp...
ZeroX1999

Postby Peralisc2 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:50 am

Shin is like a level 8 unit (since his level 5 form ain't good for fighting) that needs 4 SP to revive.

Belus only engages on enemy unit.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Grain » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:13 am

Peralisc2 wrote:Shin is like a level 8 unit (since his level 5 form ain't good for fighting) that needs 4 SP to revive.

If we're going to count sphere levels as SP cost, then, Athira Shin is cheaper than a level 8. You don't need to raise your sphere level to 8 to use him. He costs 5 sphere levels, 5 SP, and 3 SP for his action skill. A normal level 8 costs 16 SP, while Athira Shin costs 13 SP. That magic number 5 which your sphere level needs to be in order to play him is very cheap to get.
Grain

Re: Is there going to be an Errata for set 5?

Postby InigoMontoya » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:16 am

Peralisc2 wrote:
InigoMontoya wrote:Thanks, Exemplar - I believe you about Galandros. I must have just happened to run into him when he was using EM on the rare occasion.

It seemed to me like he played 98% of the time EM. :/

Only Galandros could tell us. Maybe it was 50/50 and we just happened to run into his EM while Exemplar hit him playing Allind. :)
InigoMontoya

Postby ZeroX1999 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:49 am

Grain wrote:
Peralisc2 wrote:Shin is like a level 8 unit (since his level 5 form ain't good for fighting) that needs 4 SP to revive.

If we're going to count sphere levels as SP cost, then, Athira Shin is cheaper than a level 8. You don't need to raise your sphere level to 8 to use him. He costs 5 sphere levels, 5 SP, and 3 SP for his action skill. A normal level 8 costs 16 SP, while Athira Shin costs 13 SP. That magic number 5 which your sphere level needs to be in order to play him is very cheap to get.

Thank you Grain, for saying that. That 3 sp is ridiculously easy to get. Very Very easy to get sadly enough. Shin is like my Dalos. I get Dalos out in turn 5 sometimes with enough sp to do triple attack. If Dalos had a skill that would give him 40 atk, 80 hp, 0 def, 4 speed and full hp recover with one free attack for 3sp(he gets to keep the Instinct of the Oni but loses Triple attack) and a start kill that does 60 hp damage directly to Hp, I would love to see someone saying he is not cheap or broken.
ZeroX1999

Postby Peralisc2 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:20 am

ZeroX1999 wrote:If Dalos had a skill that would give him 40 atk, 80 hp, 0 def, 4 speed and full hp recover with one free attack for 3sp(he gets to keep the Instinct of the Oni but loses Triple attack) and a start kill that does 60 hp damage directly to Hp, I would love to see someone saying he is not cheap or broken.

You just described a crazy version of dalos that has athira shin's skill added and try to prove that because of that athira shin is broken?

If this is how it works, then let me describe other broken versions of cards to prove a point:
- imagine death dragon with star dragon's counter skill on top of the skills he has, really broken... so star dragon broken?
- imagine star dragon with the skill of living armor, that's really overpowered ... so living armor suddenly is overpowered?
- imagine guardian with volcano wyverns skill, makes her auto counter at 1 time of the day .... i guess volcano wyvern needs a serious nerf!

Should i give more examples or let someone else try out some?
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby ZeroX1999 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:22 pm

Honestly I'm just making up a skill that is really broken and compared it to Shin... i would honestly think Shin will still win out.

I am sorry that I made up such a stupid post, but I felt that I had to vent a little because of the stupidity that I had just faced(Shin).
ZeroX1999

Postby luckysvn777 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:50 pm

Peralisc2 wrote:
ZeroX1999 wrote:If Dalos had a skill that would give him 40 atk, 80 hp, 0 def, 4 speed and full hp recover with one free attack for 3sp(he gets to keep the Instinct of the Oni but loses Triple attack) and a start kill that does 60 hp damage directly to Hp, I would love to see someone saying he is not cheap or broken.

You just described a crazy version of dalos that has athira shin's skill added and try to prove that because of that athira shin is broken?

If this is how it works, then let me describe other broken versions of cards to prove a point:
- imagine death dragon with star dragon's counter skill on top of the skills he has, really broken... so star dragon broken?
- imagine star dragon with the skill of living armor, that's really overpowered ... so living armor suddenly is overpowered?
- imagine guardian with volcano wyverns skill, makes her auto counter at 1 time of the day .... i guess volcano wyvern needs a serious nerf!

Should i give more examples or let someone else try out some?

I bolded the part of zero's post that you apparently missed.

Death Dragon with star dragon's counter skill but no ability to revive himself: fair
Star Dragon with living armor skill but no counter skill: fair
Guardian with volcano wyvern's skill but no counter skill: fair

Dalos with Athira Shin boost and then start skill wreckage (keeping his other stats intact). Not so fair.

Please try to read posts before you bash them, k thanks.
luckysvn777

Postby Peralisc2 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:45 pm

I did read the post, it's just that you missed the hole point and stop being a prick.
ImageImage
Peralisc2

Postby DWildstar » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:49 pm

Peralisc2 wrote:I did read the post, it's just that you missed the hole point and stop being a prick.

Pera, no need to stick in an insult at the end of your post like this.

This goes for everyone, if you think someone is being rude, don't respond by being rude. Keep it civil.
DWildstar

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau