brainstorming sometimes work*suggestion*

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: brainstorming sometimes work*suggestion*

Postby NoFish » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:45 am

I too would like to see a RP arena in the neighborhood of 1550. Not only does it keep new players from being beaten up on by more senior folk unless they want to, but it also means that us more senior folk won't have to wade through ten modified starters just to find an interesting match.

Edit: Not to be taken the wrong way, I don't hold it against newbies for being new, but there's clearly a bit of a mismatch going on that's no fun for either party.
NoFish

Postby Phenoca » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:31 am

Dooooooo iiiit.

And I would abuse it look a... Griefer!

Shoot-down my RP (it's always at 1400 anyways, since I usually play to test theme-files or hunt Batora), and then get a nice 20-win streak... Yes, I can see this working!

Also, as a free player, I found high-RP players to funnest to play, because then I could actually win. You see - a set 1 Refess starter is terrible, but a couple of Rapidly Flying Apprentice SS, and you've got yourself a level-up vs. any Big Gowen files!

I also found Batora-hunting to be extremely newbie-friendly (my RP died on the day that I beat Batora).
Phenoca

Postby DDrgn » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:54 am

It should be Gowen Red! ;a40
Since:

Regus = ;a38
Crest = ;a39
Foltrart = ;a41

An RP arena would be nice, and it wouldn't make me feel as bad if I lost to someone with a RP closer to mine. :lol:
DDrgn

Postby Skewer » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:36 am

DDrgn wrote:An RP arena would be nice, and it wouldn't make me feel as bad if I lost to someone with a RP closer to mine. :lol:

So losing to better players makes you feel worse...that's strange, I usually feel the worst when I lose to low RP players.
Skewer

Postby Logress » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:35 am

as Phenoca hinted at, the issue would be that if there is a reward for # of total wins, then someone could throw a handful of matches against lower RP opponents, get their RP low enough to go into the lower RP arena, where there are non-meta opponents, use a Primclone to get a big win streak (which not only gets more weekly gran, but also increases chance of free cards) in there, and when your RP gets too high just repeat.

I'm not sure if this would actually be an issue, it depends how easy it is to get a low RP without access to many sub 1550 RP opponents.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Artist » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:49 am

I remember Arakis and I talking about this whole RP arena thing too a few months ago and I totally agreed with it. The thing is, if you make a RP arena, the RP will start to spread even more. Think, if all the 2000 RP people face no one but eachother, how will their RPs go? Obviously the better one will start gaining a lot of RP and the worse ones will start to go down. Same with the lower RP people, usually people with 1300 RP lose a lot but only to people like 1500 RP or more, what if all the 1300 RP people start to play eachother, then the losers will lose more and more RP.

Renaming the current Folrart to Lavato would be nice, since it's the "whole big world."

Also, another thing is that it would be nice to not make a viewing restriction like regus and crest. Whenever my low level friends are dualing in regus or crest, I'd always have to sign on my alt accounts to watch them. If a RP arena has that, then I'd have to end up forcing my alt to give up a lot of matches to lose RP in order to go view the lower RP arenas, and the higher one lol, that'd be even harder.
Artist

Postby Logress » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:53 am

We would never have an actual "high RP" Arena. Only a low one and an everyone else. Otherwise the logistics would get sticky.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby NoFish » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:45 am

Artist brings up a good point. If there's a low RP arena then we'd really need to fix the issue of spectating in arenas you can't play in.
NoFish

Previous

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau