Voluntary Handicap setting

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Voluntary Handicap setting

Postby luckysvn777 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:42 pm

I'm now curious to how many of the vets and usual players agree with this view.
luckysvn777

Postby Peralisc2 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:55 pm

What view? Pancackes getting strongy beaten up by all newbies (seriously enjoyable view) or the idea that new players don't like free wins?

As a new / free player free wins are always great to get, just move on and consider it equal to a disconnect, who cares? Are you the kind of player that wouldn't take free gold or free fancy gear from a high level player in an RPG? I don't see the need to force things to stay difficult when they can be easier, afterall it will be a long grind anyway, it's not like the minor stuff someone offers you will suddenly make you #1 in a game.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby luckysvn777 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:00 pm

The view that, when we were new players, we would have preferred to have finally earned our wins by our own power and skill than by that of a handicap.
luckysvn777

Postby Peralisc2 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:22 pm

I always accept free gear and free gold ...
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby luckysvn777 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:41 pm

Free gear and gold? Free cards and gran? When did I mention that? I mentioned wins against top players.

Eh, whatever, I shouldn't ever expect coherency anyway. Moving on.
luckysvn777

Postby Peralisc2 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:03 pm

Ok, my bad, i am sorry i forgot that wins don't actually give free weekly gran and also don't give free cards from treasure battles (also top players don't get often treasure battles because they have a high streak).

How could i have missed something so obvious? >_>
ImageImage
Peralisc2

Postby luckysvn777 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:46 pm

The 2-4 gran difference from winning against a handicapped vet (because that would be quite uncommon), is inconsequential in the long run. Odds of a treasure battle are not that high, from my experience. Clearly the point has gone over your head, so I won't bother explaining more.
luckysvn777

Postby Skewer » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:04 pm

Why exactly do we get +2 gran/win and -1 gran/lose again? Is it to encourage grinding? winning? And what purpose does that serve again? Just make it +1 weekly gran per completed game played. Folrart is too cutthroat for my taste after dabbing in MTGO casual arena. Over there there are no incentives for winning, people play just for the fun of it. That's what I would like to see eventually in Alteil.
Skewer

Postby luckysvn777 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:14 pm

Skewer wrote:Why exactly do we get +2 gran/win and -1 gran/lose again? Is it to encourage grinding? winning? And what purpose does that serve again? Just make it +1 weekly gran per completed game played. Folrart is too cutthroat for my taste after dabbing in MTGO casual arena. Over there there are no incentives for winning, people play just for the fun of it. That's what I would like to see eventually in Alteil.

I don't think i've ever agreed with a post more than this one.
luckysvn777

Postby Eldena » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:57 am

luckysvn777 wrote:
Skewer wrote:Why exactly do we get +2 gran/win and -1 gran/lose again? Is it to encourage grinding? winning? And what purpose does that serve again? Just make it +1 weekly gran per completed game played. Folrart is too cutthroat for my taste after dabbing in MTGO casual arena. Over there there are no incentives for winning, people play just for the fun of it. That's what I would like to see eventually in Alteil.

I don't think i've ever agreed with a post more than this one.

This would be great if it was implemented. Many ppl wouldnt mind playing many more games in folrart. notice the word complete. If you press the give up button you gain nothing.
Leader of: ~Kingdom Hearts~

Kingdom Hearts (lvl 3 guild) is recruiting, just pm me :D
Eldena

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau