Voluntary Handicap setting

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Voluntary Handicap setting

Postby Pancakes » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:42 am

luckysvn777 wrote:And exactly how do you know this was a smurf? With 100% certainty. I don't know any smurfs of other people (well maybe three, but none of them are ones that could refer to this one), and I'm talking to them in chat most of the time.. because unless they made massive stupid errors or weren't really trying, there is no way that sort of event should happen.

I saw it with my own eyes. He was trying to win. He was playing very smart. It's just that the Gowen player must have been in Crest for a while because his understanding of anti-Lawtia starter play was very insightful. The smurf played smart but the low level as I said used his understanding of the game to win. It helped that the smurf only had 2 Dalos. Which wouldn't have been the case if he wasn't smurfing but instead was using his main account. In this manner the matchup was even. Otherwise upon losing his 2nd Dalos he would have simply revived him a 3rd time and summoned a Devil Knight on top of that which would have made all the choices the low level made previously completely irrelevent in the end.

The cards made a big difference.
I can only use Bringer, BKR Jack, and returns cuz I'm a free player. It's my best shot at winning!
Pancakes

Postby Peralisc2 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:21 am

Gowen is a stronger starter deck than lawtia starter, so that game dosn't prove what you are trying to prove.

Sure there are low level iczers that are very good, but try to use some good example next time and not something like "i seen that guy loose to a counter deck" because that's what happens when a deck is against a counter deck.

And what are the GMs waiting for? How long do low level players have to endure this? Handicap pancackes already, if you really care about him you will do so. It seems like you don't care about him enough, to let him get beaten up seriously by some new players. And i am sure there are more players like pancackes that you simply decided to put on the waiting list, but why? How much longer do you think they can bear with this?
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby luckysvn777 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:12 am

Pancakes wrote:
luckysvn777 wrote:And exactly how do you know this was a smurf? With 100% certainty. I don't know any smurfs of other people (well maybe three, but none of them are ones that could refer to this one), and I'm talking to them in chat most of the time.. because unless they made massive stupid errors or weren't really trying, there is no way that sort of event should happen.

I saw it with my own eyes. He was trying to win. He was playing very smart. It's just that the Gowen player must have been in Crest for a while because his understanding of anti-Lawtia starter play was very insightful. The smurf played smart but the low level as I said used his understanding of the game to win. It helped that the smurf only had 2 Dalos. Which wouldn't have been the case if he wasn't smurfing but instead was using his main account. In this manner the matchup was even. Otherwise upon losing his 2nd Dalos he would have simply revived him a 3rd time and summoned a Devil Knight on top of that which would have made all the choices the low level made previously completely irrelevent in the end.

The cards made a big difference.

Once again, you didn't answer what I asked. How do you know exactly that the player was a smurf?

Also, Gowen vs Lawtia is a huge advantage towards the Gowen side. In other words, this isn't a card disadvantage issue, its just a match-up situation. If the vet had the best mod-lawt starter in the world, its likely there still would have been a loss.

And also, if your going to claim that that supports your point, then I'll just bring up the countless matches where I've seen a mod-starter beat a vet's good file that has decent streaks and so on. Because i've seen plenty of them.
luckysvn777

Postby Pancakes » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:29 pm

I'm not stupid enough to answer how do I know because I'll be giving away who it was which I'm not going to do. It's so funny that you say that Lawtia starter has a huge disadvange vs Gowen starter. You saying you don't know how to beat Gowen starter as a Lawtia player? That you couldn't keep the game closer than 15 cards gowen/ 1 card self remaining? What about experience? Don't tell me experience couldn't save you at all from such a high degree of destroy by a level 18 with 1400 RP just becasue he's Gowen and you're Lawtia. If that is the case you should be screaming your lungs out about imbalance for the sake of newbies. But I haven't heard anything out of you personally. Well anyway...

No wonder you're constantly going Shrine Knights(lucky) and Lycan(pera) rush. Now it all makes sense. You couldn't beat a level 18 without the card advantage. Which you've just acknowledged that "card advantage" is a big deteremining factor with games which was my only point that I was trying to make to begin with funnily enough. While you kept going on about experience being the reason noobs lose in Folrart and I said it's at LEAST 50% the cards being the reason they lose. The excuses you try to make for the smurf are actually making my point by saying that cards are very very important. Often time trumping experience.

So why not even the playing field a bit with the possibility for voluntary handicap? Do you think your shrine knights deck is approximately equivolent to a newbie's starter?
I can only use Bringer, BKR Jack, and returns cuz I'm a free player. It's my best shot at winning!
Pancakes

Postby luckysvn777 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:48 pm

*facepalm*

Well, for starters, I'm still definitely called bs on you knowing its a vet. Unless you just stalk them, and that's just kinda creepy.

But seriously, I don't even know what to say to you.. things just go right over your head..

Could I lose to a gowen player if i used mod lawt? Most certainly. I have no experience with the file. I wouldn't know necessary the best way to beat it. If the gowen player played well, I could easily lose.

Could an experienced player with the file win? Certainly, plenty already have. Lots of decently successful mod lawt starters out there.

And apparently you can't tell the difference between "card advantage" and "file matchup". Certain files have better chances of beating certain files than other certain files do. That's expected of a CCG. However, the fallacy that "I own more cards, therefore I always win" is not true in the slightest (and has nothing to do with the smurf match). People have proved time and time again that mod starters can do well enough in Folrart to overcome the "card disadvantage" through experience, I can list so many off the top of my head, but I won't be "giving away who they are". Thus, card advantage is overrated.

In fact, you proved my point. There are successful mod lawts out there that can obviously overcome gowen rush a good portion of the time, because they have experience. The smurf account may not have (i know I wouldn't with that particular file, I know little to nothing on how to play it best), and thus lost. So thank you for actually proving MY point.

The reason top players are top players and good files are good files are because a.) some files (EM, Primclone, SK, etc) have more favorable type matchups than others and can thus win a higher percent (though they aren't invincible and good skill/luck can overcome the matchup) and b.) They have more experience and "skill" than a new player. That's to be expected. You have to earn your experience and skill the hard way. We all did. In fact, there are plenty of people who have way more cards than me, but that doesn't mean they are better. They may have more options and the ability to make a better file, but if they can't cover their weaknesses and play flawlessly, I can certainly gain the edge if I play flawlessly as well.

No wonder you're constantly going Shrine Knights(lucky) and Lycan(pera) rush. Now it all makes sense. You couldn't beat a level 18 without the card advantage.

Heh cute attempt to say that me and Pera have no skill, and apparently you have a ton of skill because you can. Heh, if you honestly believe that, then there's something wrong. But I know you and your vain attempts to brag, so I'll just laugh.

Ironic part is, while I play SK here and there, I've been making way more new files than even you probably and playing other files in Folrart for a couple weeks now. Way to stick your foot in your mouth. :lol:
luckysvn777

Postby Peralisc2 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:24 am

Pancackes put some order in your thoughts, what you say there simply dosn't add up.

I don't remember when i didn't complain about lawtia starter being weaker than gowen starter. Experience against a counter deck only helps you to abuse someone's inexperience and on even experience level trying to fool the counter deck player is a real gamble, how can you be so close minded about seeing this? I am sure you at least understand what a counter deck is ...

And now about the files i play. I don't play only 1 file or 1 file type, but your short view allows you to see only that, in fact i currently hardly ever play, which makes me wonder why you even feel like going around saying what i play when you don't know.
Also i don't play the sort of (usually) random messed up files you play. There is simply no need for that.
Also when someone complains about a file that is actually fair and has serious counters to it (even if i don't play it) i want to play it even more.

And most of all, why do you even talk big when you run around with counter decks at times (actually quite often)? I mean even the newest and noobiest of players understands how little skill that takes and then you even went to brag about it.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Harion » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:09 am

*facepalm back*

it's an "optional" feature
get over it
just like with the spectating feature, ppl can choose to use it or not
get over your fetish of limiting what ppl can and cannot do because of some twisted principle of yours
My goal is not to win, but to have fun.
But since winning is fun, I can't help but to make winning my goal.
--
Bear killing axe-man was meant to be what it's name suggests - a killer unit. Sadly, there were no bears to kill in Alteil.
Harion

Postby Peralisc2 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:51 am

Whom are you telling this Harion? I don't see who is against the option.
ImageImage
Peralisc2

Postby luckysvn777 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:40 am

I'm against it ^^

That's my opinion that I have every right to.

But I guess people like Harion want to limit that right to express my opinion, so I guess he was talking about himself ^^
luckysvn777

Previous

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau