Next Set Needs More SP Management

User suggestions to improve the game

Next Set Needs More SP Management

Postby Pancakes » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:23 pm

I'm of the opinion that the next set needs to nerf Fuerte. While also introducing more methods of interacting with your opponent's SP. Right now there are many "BIG" files out there that by there nature simply bypass the arsonal that many other more common files have at their disposal. Usually people say use returns or Fuerte but many low $$$ players will not have Fuerte and also it's easy to avoid being returned these days.

So I say that Fuerte needs to be changed and not counted as a counter to BIG files anymore. But instead the next set needs to have more 2-3 star cards that can punish "save up mass SP" decks. Sort of like, it would be great to have a 3 star card that is immune to grims altogether for instance. Not meant to fight but instead it could have the ability to prevent a player who's SP is above 6 to gain any more levels in their colors. This would force BIG files to be concerned about needing more ordinary units to deal with such a card.

It's just my suggestion.

Also eternal morning is a bit strong don't u think.
Pancakes

Re: Next Set Needs More SP Management

Postby Galandros » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:28 pm

If your opponent is hoarding SP, Wrath of Constellations or Succubus action skill will rain on their parade.
Galandros

Postby Romdeau » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:31 pm

Fierte does need to be changed, I've already voiced my opinion to the GMs personally. I liked Arakis suggestion, changing Fierte to drain all sphere levels by three exactly. Still a harsh effect, but not as drastic as it is right now. Your theory I support, but the GMs have a tricky time balancing the power struggle between big and small files, although I wouldn't object to a couple more common counters-the kind of card you're designing just flat out sounds OP. "Ha ha you can't touch me with grimoires and I'm buffed to all hell, so either use a really powerful critter or soul skill to kill me".

In the hands of a competent player, a solid EM file will give anyone a run for their money, so yes I think it is a bit strong-but not unbeatable. The question is, is it on the point of so ridiculously powerful that it needs a nerf. I'm not sure about that.
Romdeau

Postby luckysvn777 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:42 pm

What would you really be able to nerf about EM anyway?

Weiss? She's not that OP really. Verlaat? Only if you nerf Eski as well, but they have the kinds of skills I wouldn't want to see nerfed anyway. Orfen? Maybe.. idk

There isn't anything that screams OP about any of the units.. its just a strong combo.
luckysvn777

Postby Peralisc2 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:49 pm

Fierte does good deeds. It's completly fair against some files and actually necessary vs some other files. Also it takes down spheres of both iczers.

They should add a counter to it, but not in gowen and falkow.

What would you really be able to nerf about EM anyway?

I would say orphen and there were quite a bunch that agreed on an orphen nerf. But it's not always about agreements, right? Still orphen's AT buff at morning should be fixed.
Peralisc2

Postby Romdeau » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:53 pm

Hm, yes I think a slight nerf on Orphen would make EM a bit more fair-perhaps change it to all friendly units except this one get +10 attack? Obviously this is all up for speculation / debate.
Romdeau

Postby Nehless » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:24 pm

The next generation decks are going to have +3 sphere in 2nd or 3rd slot. Try aiming your +3 sphere in the 3rd slot and watch the fireworks fly! This will avoid any troubles from Fierte, I promise and guarantee you a good deck that can match almost anything if you're able to pull this off.
Nehless

Postby worthing » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:27 pm

im perfectly fine with fierte right now and i like the idea of her staying the way she is because big files need an instant counter that be fitted into many files
worthing

Postby Phenoca » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:46 pm

Romdeau wrote:Fierte does need to be changed, I've already voiced my opinion to the GMs personally. I liked Arakis suggestion, changing Fierte to drain all sphere levels by three exactly.

If that is implemented, then I would like to see Evangelical Hymn / Gospel affect both players' spheres, instead of just yours. This would make the slow-paced Evangelical Hymn / Gospel SS-openings possible.
Phenoca

Postby NoFish » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:54 am

I'd love to see Fierte nerfed to reduce all sphere levels by 3, as it would make her survivable for big files - But at the same time I'd like to see some other way to mess with your opponent's spheres. Maybe a 1 sp Action Skill "Do damage [AT] to random enemy unit within range, subtract one from rival iczer's highest sphere level"
NoFish

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau