Booster rarities, point cards to spenders, and FM lottery

User suggestions to improve the game

Booster rarities, point cards to spenders, and FM lottery

Postby Jonathan » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:33 pm

First off, I would like to say that it's awesome to see a section like this being added to the forums (Or I'm blind for not seeing it before). It shows that the GM's are actually reading and caring about the opinions of the players. Now, I have 3 suggestions, so I'll make them brief:

Set Booster Pack Rarities

Have the rarities in booster packs be set in a Common, Uncommon, and Rare type of fashion, such as:

Card 1 and 2: *
Card 3 and 4: **
Card 5: *** or **** or *****

Reason:
In every TCG, booster packs are always a gamble. You aren't certain to get a specific card you want, but there is some relief with knowing that you'll get at least 1 decent card in each pack, which is usually the rare card and sometimes the uncommons. If Alteil booster packs went with the usual set rarities, it would give the players more confidence with purchasing boosters and an overall better feeling with knowing that they'll get at least a *** rarity card.

Reward Point Cards for Gran Purchase

For every 50 Gran that a player purchases, reward them with 1 Point Card.

Reason:
Alteil is a free game where it's possible to get decently far without having to pay anything. When someone decides to spend money on this free game, they are showing that they are enjoying the game and want to support it. So it's easy to understand that a small reward should be given to the player for this support.

Giving the spender 1 Point Card for every 50 Gran spent can slowly build up. Purchasing 500 Gran for $5 gives them 10 Point Cards, enough to get a rarity 1 card of their choice. This could also help out with the problem that players are having with spending tons of money and not being able to obtain those final cards or those 3rd copies of a certain card due to having horrible luck with boosters.

FM Lottery

Have a lottery where a player can spend a certain amount of FM for 1 random card. Perhaps also have the cards from this lottery have the starter symbol on them so they're worth 0 Gran when selling.

Reason:
FM right now is only usable for avatar items or the highly expensive Point Cards and it can only be gotten by dueling. So if there was something that the player could constantly use it for to get a feeling of progression for their files, it would give them more motivation to duel each day, which would be great for keeping arena activity up.

~

Those are my 3 suggestions and I thank everyone who spends the time to read them.
Jonathan

Re: Booster rarities, point cards to spenders, and FM lottery

Postby ANIMEniac » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:51 pm

Right now, there is the odd chance you can get multi high rarity, for example, you could get 2 4stars in a pack. With what you suggested, it is no longer possible.

I like the idea of gaining a few Point Cards with Gran purchase. Not sure if it should be 50 G, but the idea is good.
ANIMEniac

Postby Eldena » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:37 pm

ANIMEniac wrote:Right now, there is the odd chance you can get multi high rarity, for example, you could get 2 4stars in a pack. With what you suggested, it is no longer possible.

I like the idea of gaining a few Point Cards with Gran purchase. Not sure if it should be 50 G, but the idea is good.

To be honest i would trade the chance of finding 2 4s in a booster and getting at least a 3 every single time very easily. Boosters tend to recycle to next than nothing when they have 2 2s and 3 1s in them. Even if the 3s isnt good you still get like 60gran from recycling it which is less than hae the booster, but acceptable in my opinion.

Agree on the "not sure about the 50gran thing".
Eldena

Postby Jonathan » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:31 am

ANIMEniac wrote:Right now, there is the odd chance you can get multi high rarity, for example, you could get 2 4stars in a pack. With what you suggested, it is no longer possible.

Just curious, how often have you gotten a pack that contained multiple high rarity cards in it? I do know that some TCGs (including MTG) do sometimes replace a common with another rare card, making it possible to get 2 rare cards in 1 booster pack. So if Alteil did something like that, the set rarities could look more like:

Card 1 and 2: * or **
Card 3 and 4: ** or ***

or

Card 1: *
Card 2: * or **
Card 3: **
Card 4: ** or ***

Or something else that's similar for a chance to get a higher rarity in some of the slots.

And also on the Point Card thing, I just suggested every 50 Gran since that's the minimum amount of Gran that you can purchase at a time and it would probably be the easiest value for the GM's to keep track of when rewarding Point Cards. Any kind of reward to spenders would be a great thing though.
Jonathan

Postby odanobunaga » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:56 pm

perhaps there should be at least one rare card in each pack? Sorta like Yugioh? I love Yugioh...
odanobunaga

Postby Peralisc2 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:17 am

Yes, there should be at least a 3 star in each pack, no matter what.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Emainma » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:56 pm

FM lottery please. I do not even mind if its all cards with no recycle value. It would be a nice way for me to try other spheres even if its just the starter files. One could eventually own all 4 starter files and mix and match cards too.

One of the things that seem very useful for competing in higher level arenas is assassin for her soul skill. I am sure gowen, refess, and falkow starter files would love to have one or two copies of her too.
Emainma

Postby Jonathan » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:02 pm

Hmm, no GMs have commented on the "point cards to spenders" idea (or the other ideas in this topic) yet. D:

I thought that it would have been a very rewarding way to show that the Alteil team cares for your paying and support, so I'm curious on how the GMs felt about the idea.
Jonathan

Postby Romdeau » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:49 am

Don't get discouraged, they don't comment on most of the ideas. If you get Logress to say "That's a good idea"-that's a pretty damn good response. Usually it's nothing though. I have no doubt they at least skim through all user ideas though.
Romdeau

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau