"Achievements" and rewards

User suggestions to improve the game

"Achievements" and rewards

Postby DDrgn » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:47 pm

Not the level kind, since that's pretty much already covered. :lol:

The idea is to just give players some goals to work toward to, or they could be a mystery for people to figure out. Rewards would be I guess, bonus FM? Although depending on the condition met, Point Cards or maybe an actual card would be nice. Or a special avatar item.

Examples:
Condition: "You've won your first 10 battles(non-streak). Keep going!"
Reward: Bonus 100 FM

Condition: "You've made your first 10 win streak! Well done!"
Reward: A Point Card/A "Ten-win streak medal" for the Iczer's avatar

Condition: "You've lost 100 times. It happens to the best of us :]"
Reward: Bonus 100 FM

Condition: "You've collected over 100 different cards! Keep it up!"
Reward: A copy of ONE of those cards(Iczer's choice).

Condition: "You've completed collecting the cards(at least one of each) from Set 1! Fantastic!"
Reward: Bonus 1000FM/10 Point Cards/A five star rarity card from that set(Iczer's choice).

Yes/No? Thanks for reading. :D
Last edited by DDrgn on Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
DDrgn
 
Posts: 580
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:50 am
Location: U.S.A.

Re: "Achievements" and rewards

Postby Phenoca » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:13 pm

I would like to see gran-rewards instead of FM, but any compliment works for me. What counts is the "achievement unlocked".

DDrgn wrote:Condition: "You've collected over 100 different cards! Keep it up!"
Reward: A copy of ONE of those cards(Iczer's choice).

I do not understand. Is it a random card?
Edit: I see... Then maybe it should be a specific rarity... Otherwise this is the near-equivalent of 50-60 point cards :P
Last edited by Phenoca on Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Phenoca
 
Posts: 1668
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:25 am

Re: "Achievements" and rewards

Postby DDrgn » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:28 pm

Oh, I guess that was a little unclear. I'll edit that.

The player would get to choose. No randomness, since it would help towards people getting a playset to their liking of a specific card.

Edit: Oh, hadn't thought about if the player may have been lucky enough to obtain a 4 or 5 star rarity that soon. Restricition would be 3 star rarity and under to be fair. Not too broken now I hope. :P
User avatar
DDrgn
 
Posts: 580
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:50 am
Location: U.S.A.

Re: "Achievements" and rewards

Postby Eldena » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:38 pm

It would be nice to see Achievements in this game. There should be really easy ones which give almost nothing as a prize and really hard ones with awesome rewards :D
User avatar
Eldena
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:15 am

Re: "Achievements" and rewards

Postby Peralisc2 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:19 pm

I did suggest this long ago and logress then said ya sure good idea it's easy to implement and then lupos complained about logress saying it's easy since lupos has to do all the work. :lol:

But diffrence is i asked for award cards or something like those achievement Titles.
Peralisc2
 
Posts: 7031
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:38 pm
Location: planet of the self-proclaimed evolving apes

Re: "Achievements" and rewards

Postby Logress » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:35 pm

As Peralisc noted, an Achievement system is something I've been talking about for a while. If the prizes were Point Cards, it would basically be a consistent way to get Point Cards. The problem is that (unless they were very similar, like You got 5 wins versus you got 10 wins) each Achievement would be a program. So, to have 50 achievements we'd have to free up enough time to make 50 programs all at once. We had thought about trying to fit one in here, one in there, but that's the kind of thing that always gets put off in practice.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress
 
Posts: 6317
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 9:36 am

Re: "Achievements" and rewards

Postby Phenoca » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:44 pm

Logress wrote:So, to have 50 achievements we'd have to free up enough time to make 50 programs all at once. We had though about trying to fit one in here, one in there, but that's the kind of thing that always gets put off in practice.

Well we have level-up stuff!

Let's start making stuff up! Here's some ideas that came up:

- Won 10 battles (non-streak)
- Won 50 battles (non-streak)
- Consecutive win streak of 5
- Consecutive win streak of 10
- Consecutive win streak of 15
- Consecutive win streak of 20
- Lost 100 times
- Played 10 games (Lapierre Partner goes away)
- Played 100 games
- Played 500 games
- Played 1000 games
- Battled for the first time in Folrart
- Beat an NPC for the first time
- Collected all cards from Set 1
- Collected all cards from Set 2
- Collected all cards from Set 3
- Collected all cards from Set 4
- Collected all cards from Set 5
- Collected your first ****
- Collected your first *****
- Recycled for the first time
- Unlocked all levels on Mirage Master (I cannot do this)
- Obtained your first Draw
- Beaten <name of meta here>
- Made 10 friends
- Made 20 friends
- Made 50 friends (wow - I have 135)
- Joined a guild (see post on themed guilds)
- Iczer Attacked 100 times
- Beat every single Starter
- Made 10 posts on the forums
User avatar
Phenoca
 
Posts: 1668
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:25 am

Re: "Achievements" and rewards

Postby Galandros » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:56 am

Phenoca wrote:
Logress wrote:So, to have 50 achievements we'd have to free up enough time to make 50 programs all at once. We had though about trying to fit one in here, one in there, but that's the kind of thing that always gets put off in practice.

Well we have level-up stuff!

Let's start making stuff up! Here's some ideas that came up:

- Won 10 battles (non-streak)
- Won 50 battles (non-streak)
- Consecutive win streak of 5
- Consecutive win streak of 10
- Consecutive win streak of 15
- Consecutive win streak of 20
- Lost 100 times
- Played 10 games (Lapierre Partner goes away)
- Played 100 games
- Played 500 games
- Played 1000 games
- Battled for the first time in Folrart
- Beat an NPC for the first time
- Collected all cards from Set 1
- Collected all cards from Set 2
- Collected all cards from Set 3
- Collected all cards from Set 4
- Collected all cards from Set 5
- Collected your first ****
- Collected your first *****
- Recycled for the first time
- Unlocked all levels on Mirage Master (I cannot do this)
- Obtained your first Draw
- Beaten <name of meta here>
- Made 10 friends
- Made 20 friends
- Made 50 friends (wow - I have 135)
- Joined a guild (see post on themed guilds)
- Iczer Attacked 100 times
- Beat every single Starter
- Made 10 posts on the forums


Can't forget the consecutive wins streak to 30 (gold starz)

Others
Beat opponent when at 1 LP
Beat opponent while losing no LP (though dc's could make this a cheap one or cause even more programming)
Beat a GM
Beat an Iczer with >100 RP more than you
Beat an Iczer with >200 RP more than you
Make fun of kasanzumi
Beat an Iczer with >300 RP more than you
Defeat an Iczer > Level 50
Defeat an Iczer > Level 100
Lotto 99x at once
User avatar
Galandros
 
Posts: 577
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:24 pm

Re: "Achievements" and rewards

Postby Xovian » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:53 pm

Galandros wrote:Make fun of kasanzumi


:lol:

Had to throw in a freebie eh G?
User avatar
Xovian
 
Posts: 1131
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:01 pm

Re: Improving the Game: Listing your ideas/solutions

Postby Divinemagnum » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:12 pm

Maybe they should create a Trophy system because the only one goal here, is to become strong which most ppl can't achieve or just quit. Also this game, in my opinion, discourages collecting cards like if u don't want that card u recyle it and it goes on and on. It would increase activity if there is another goal and if trophies aren't enough to motivate there could be rewards when u ahcieve one of them. I would like to know which rewards (if a trophy system would be set up) players would prefer, here's the list: FM,Point Cards,Gran, or Experience. Here's an example I created for the trophies. All trophies does not include starter cards.Feel free to expand. :D

;a39> "Just A Shade"-Collect 10 Lawtia Cards, "A Night Person"-Collect 30, "Dark Lord"- Collect 50, "Are you the Duchy?"-Collect All.

;a38>"Teardrop"-Collect 10 Falkow Cards, "Stop Crying"-Collect 30, "Do you have a boat?"-collect 50, "The Great Flood"-Collect All.

;a40>"Fire-Fly"-Collect 10 Gowen Cards, "Firestarter"-Collect 30, "I like it overcook"-collect 50, "Pyromaniac"-Collect All.

;a41>"Ray of Hope"-Collect 10 Refess Cards, "Put on your Sunglasses"-Collect 30, "Turn off the light"-Collect 50, "True Evangelist"-Collect All.

MISC.> "Soul Survior"-Win with 1 LP remaining.
Divinemagnum
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:44 pm

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron