"Achievements" and rewards

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Improving the Game: Listing your ideas/solutions

Postby DWildstar » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:17 pm

Divinemagnum wrote:Maybe they should create a Trophy system because the only one goal here, is to become strong which most ppl can't achieve or just quit. Also this game, in my opinion, discourages collecting cards like if u don't want that card u recyle it and it goes on and on. It would increase activity if there is another goal and if trophies aren't enough to motivate there could be rewards when u ahcieve one of them. I would like to know which rewards (if a trophy system would be set up) players would prefer, here's the list: FM,Point Cards,Gran, or Experience. Here's an example I created for the trophies. All trophies does not include starter cards.Feel free to expand. :D

Moving this to the achievements thread.
DWildstar

Re: "Achievements" and rewards

Postby Logress » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:12 am

This thread totally has my attention. I'm hot on the achievements idea.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Peralisc2 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:43 am

Would the missions idea be same thing as this?
http://alteil.com/forum/index.php?f=27& ... =50#p36018
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Skewer » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:45 am

Yours sounds more like random quest events then actual achievements. I think the achievements would be more permanent so that you could there would be no time limits and you could fulfill them at any time. But the judgment system would be similar I think.
Skewer

Postby Peralisc2 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:16 am

I didn't mention anything about a time limit and i don't know why there should be a time limit. It's so that if you have to win 50 battles with X card mission, then you can win 2 today, 10 next week, 30 next month and the rest sometime this year or sometime before they tweak the missions. (which will affect all "achievment" requirements)

Anything else that separates it from achievements? Because i really don't see any diffrence, it's pretty much something like:
Won 50 battles (non-streak) - reward Y card
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Harion » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:57 am

oohh! i like this achievements/trophy idea
very cool!
this is the kind of stuff i'm talking about when i say we need to give players a feeling of progress if we want them to stay
it's not actual progress (like winning matches) and none that can lose alteil any money (which is always good!)
if some of you play street racing in facebook, you'd know what i mean
i mean, i just play that game just to collect all the loot, lol
and they're just stickers, keychains and stuff (which are not even real but which i can only view in my account)
and yet i'm always happy whenever i see my collection growing
especially when i get some rare loot
and all i have to do in the game is keep playing it, lol
My goal is not to win, but to have fun.
But since winning is fun, I can't help but to make winning my goal.
--
Bear killing axe-man was meant to be what it's name suggests - a killer unit. Sadly, there were no bears to kill in Alteil.
Harion

Postby Skewer » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:13 am

Some special avatar prizes would be nice too. Maybe you get a special set 1 background for collecting all of the set 1 cards or something like that.
Skewer

Postby Peralisc2 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:05 pm

@ Harion On facebook minigames (on all of those zynga games i guess) people can see your achievements. Maybe they could somehow add a list or something on the main page and you can check there what everyone achieved? Also people could just link those achievements around the net, to show off ... :lol:

Maybe you can also somehow link it from the forum profile? But main page would be best place to place achievements of all iczers from A to Z.
ImageImage
Peralisc2

Previous

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau