New ideas for retention: let's just fix the veterans

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: New ideas for retention: let's just fix the veterans

Postby Pancakes » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:10 am

The flaw with this thread is that the primary culprits that OP is trying to address are the ones offering 'solutions'.

They should just rename this game : Glory of Refess Shrine Knights thanks to you fellas. Because it's way too risky to play Lady Paladin anymore right?

Anywayz the last 4 games I've played 3 was vs shrine knights. Way to go Alteil players.
I can only use Bringer, BKR Jack, and returns cuz I'm a free player. It's my best shot at winning!
User avatar
Pancakes
 
Posts: 2235
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:03 am

Re: New ideas for retention: let's just fix the veterans

Postby Peralisc2 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:23 am

Culprits? Nice way of putting it, you are smart. :roll:
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2
 
Posts: 7031
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:38 pm
Location: planet of the self-proclaimed evolving apes

Re: New ideas for retention: let's just fix the veterans

Postby Pancakes » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:50 am

Peralisc2 wrote:Culprits? Nice way of putting it, you are smart. :roll:


Do you have a point? Because 90% of your posts don't.
I can only use Bringer, BKR Jack, and returns cuz I'm a free player. It's my best shot at winning!
User avatar
Pancakes
 
Posts: 2235
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:03 am

Re: New ideas for retention: let's just fix the veterans

Postby InigoMontoya » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:30 am

Pancakes wrote:The flaw with this thread is that the primary culprits that OP is trying to address are the ones offering 'solutions'.


Interesting. First, your post supported my initial contention that the most prevalent meta file is Refess, not Primclone. Second, you seem to suggest that the veterans are not in the best position to determine what would motivate us to behave differently. I disagree. We are actually the best source of solutions regarding our motivations. By your logic, the people we should turn to for solutions are the level 10's who are dropping out. You are welcome to your position, and you've advocated your views in other threads, but go back to the OP. This thread is about changing the behavior of the veterans in order to maintain retention. How are level 10's going to have any understanding into what motivates the top level grinders?
User avatar
InigoMontoya
 
Posts: 919
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: New ideas for retention: let's just fix the veterans

Postby 091888 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:50 am

InigoMontoya wrote:
Pancakes wrote:The flaw with this thread is that the primary culprits that OP is trying to address are the ones offering 'solutions'.


Interesting. First, your post supported my initial contention that the most prevalent meta file is Refess, not Primclone. Second, you seem to suggest that the veterans are not in the best position to determine what would motivate us to behave differently. I disagree. We are actually the best source of solutions regarding our motivations. By your logic, the people we should turn to for solutions are the level 10's who are dropping out. You are welcome to your position, and you've advocated your views in other threads, but go back to the OP. This thread is about changing the behavior of the veterans in order to maintain retention. How are level 10's going to have any understanding into what motivates the top level grinders?

you are right .................. i have exp of the low lv lv 1 to 20 only no offense i agree with InigoMontoya
091888
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:33 am

Re: New ideas for retention: let's just fix the veterans

Postby Peralisc2 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:28 pm

Pancakes wrote:
Peralisc2 wrote:Culprits? Nice way of putting it, you are smart. :roll:


Do you have a point? Because 90% of your posts don't.

I guess there is no point in calling you smart.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2
 
Posts: 7031
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:38 pm
Location: planet of the self-proclaimed evolving apes

Re: New ideas for retention: let's just fix the veterans

Postby luckysvn777 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:42 pm

Well duh Shrine Knights will be more common. Its the only really strong file that isn't full of EX and 5-star cards.

Of course, 90% of them will be torn apart by a gowen rush because some of the key cards are in fact rarer. Those 90% will not be able to handle a big files either.

I haven't lost to one either, since I know all its weaknesses... there is one SS out there that hurts SK a lot.. and of course I don't just mean the mirror match. Beat one with a mid-lawt yesterday. So, if SK is so common... just adjust to beat it.

SK may be more common, but Primclone is way more annoying :/


And I do love how Pancakes contributes NOTHING to the conversation and instead starts a petty argument/flame war/whatever. Way to go Trolly
User avatar
luckysvn777
 
Posts: 3840
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:51 am

Re: New ideas for retention: let's just fix the veterans

Postby Pancakes » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:09 pm

luckysvn777 wrote:

And I do love how Pancakes contributes NOTHING to the conversation and instead starts a petty argument/flame war/whatever. Way to go Trolly



No, you're just being blind, deaf, dumb, and stupid as always. And ALWAYS the first to start flaming (you and that total idiot with the anime p**n for a sig) and tossing insults and yet you seem to like to point the figure to me quite ironically. Here is my contribution that you missed, let me spell it out for you...You are too self interested to come up with an objective solution when your choices are actually a part of the problematic situation to begin with. Every little 'solution' you and your little high RP gang tends to come up with is so skewed towards the perpetuation of the status quo that all of your assumptions that you based your so called solutions on are predetermining lop sided game enviornment of your choosing. You don't even see that the game is currently lopsided. That's a part of what makes anything that a bunch of like minded people all say about this game appear less legitimate in my eyes.

And the poor noobs either fall into two camps. Those who see the lop sidedness and thus mostly LEAVE and aren't hear to speak. And then there's those poor bastards who don't see the lopsidedness and jsut believe anything that a top player is going to suggest to them even though they don't even know all the rules to the game and have yet to experience even half of the strategies.
I can only use Bringer, BKR Jack, and returns cuz I'm a free player. It's my best shot at winning!
User avatar
Pancakes
 
Posts: 2235
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:03 am

Re: New ideas for retention: let's just fix the veterans

Postby luckysvn777 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:25 pm

Hm, you say you don't troll and flame... and then you write a total troll/flamey post that once again contributes as nothing but a random insult to veterans.

One, that i might add, is so false its funny. The amount of random cynical assumptions and outright lies is just so entertaining. You really try to miss no opportunity to derail a topic and flame the vets, do you? Or discourage the new players. Boo hoo hoo. Stop trolling.

For the record, I never proposed a solution as well. So yea, fail.


EDIT: And of course there is going to be lop-sidedness to some degree. We have experience. That alone is enough to change the fight. Also, if you spend money, you should be getting some sort of advantage for it. Sorry kid, that's a part of life. New players have to recognize that they aren't going to have everything at the beginning and they have to work their way up. And yes, the starters are certainly good enough to do that. Galandros practically proved that using alts.

However, if people want to grind and use the strongest files, well then that's part of the game. Learn to beat them, every file does have weaknesses.

Of course, according to you, vets should be so nerfed (handicap) and new players/crap files should win always. That's a great game environment, where the better you get and the more you pay... the worse you do? Or nothing happens. Talk about making no progress.
User avatar
luckysvn777
 
Posts: 3840
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:51 am

Re: New ideas for retention: let's just fix the veterans

Postby Romdeau » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:32 pm

Since this thread appears to be devolving into Flame Fest 9,000-we're moving along to the next hypothetical idea that may improve Alteil's state of affairs.
User avatar
Romdeau
 
Posts: 7406
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:14 am
Location: California, USA

Previous

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest