adv improve in starter files

User suggestions to improve the game

adv improve in starter files

Postby 091888 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:25 am

how about we give a few cards to allow user to choose the starter file like refress it is given a set 1 to set 4 yellow cards ( ratity lv 1 to 3 ) to choose beginners will get to choose it it is very much better than you ppl and gms trying to give newbies a super duper powerful deck that can overkill others
let them choose their styles of playing and cards or if they want they can have either set 1 ,2,3 decks but no ratity of 4 and 5 please dont want to see proxy everywhere this will bring difference in their decks it is more challenging for pros in this map to predict cards in the deck add a bit of chance to winning ( please limit no 3 characters cards in the starter deck )
refress ;a41 deck
rma or maybe ancient spear knight ( use as against flying app active skill swap place but do not get killed in a turn )1 ,2,3 cards
zager 1 ,2 character so let them have 2 only
shine knight 1,2,3
revive or dispel ( i do not know why no one use that it is useful as guardian and etc which have def on )1,2,3
blessing ,1 ,2,3 and etc i am lazy to list out but no retity of 4 and 5 and also make lv 4 above 2 cards only(make guardians starter files sucks a bit if newbie anyhow select guardian
;a40
bear killing axeman 1,2,3
sniper (set 3 ss bowman) 1,2,3
pixy ? 1 ,2 ,3
combat monk 1,2,3 ( if you gms let them choose them lesser newbies will choose combat monk as its basic stat are normal
so less ppl will feel the pain of combat monks
;a38
owl sage 1,2,3
meaning of failure
turtle lv 5
;a39
newbie ****.......... lv 2 agi 4 1,2,3
some lyans
magic dolls or undead
and i also want add something (hoping for some rewards) basic missions like opening the file( get a free starter deck of any set but same colors as you choose for your starter deck )(just in case the newbie make a unusable deck) and win a npc lv 1 ( get a free card that the npc use ( reason the user will learn how to use that card) and going to shops ( learning how to buy cards )(10 grans as reward)maybe trying out in the training or arena also give bonus grans or point cards
in this way everyone gains , everyone get to select a free deck and a few free cards this will make this game a special because all tcg starter decks are fixed making it selectable which make the game more fun and less predictable as sometime a lv 1 can win a lv 5 because lv 1 use special effects to win like ;a38 flying app....... turn 1,2,3 to 7,8,9 which allows the support to be in the front line

Re: adv improve in starter files

Postby Phenoca » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:36 pm

Shrine Knight and Instant Revival do look cool for Refess Starter. But Ancient Spear Knight? He is not a good unit due to his 2 AGI.

Which pixie?

Ancient Tortoise and Owl Sage are already in the Reinforcement Packs, so I do not think it should go into the starters unless Reinforcements get changed.

Although regarding overkill with Starter Files, I believe that the current Starters are well-balanced between spheres (Refess having a slight disadvantage which might disappear with an Instant Revival).
flood + Pakistan = hunger
Phenoca

Postby 091888 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:42 am

Phenoca wrote:Shrine Knight and Instant Revival do look cool for Refess Starter. But Ancient Spear Knight? He is not a good unit due to his 2 AGI.

Which pixie?

Ancient Tortoise and Owl Sage are already in the Reinforcement Packs, so I do not think it should go into the starters unless Reinforcements get changed.

Although regarding overkill with Starter Files, I believe that the current Starters are well-balanced between spheres (Refess having a slight disadvantage which might disappear with an Instant Revival).

Ancient Spear Knight high hp ok? it can be use to counter flying app........lv 1 ;a38 card
pixie all the pixie ratity lower than 4
owl sage it is a weak card same as ;a41 puffball and Ancient Tortoise which it is a lv 5 so max they can choose to have is 2 cards only so if they want more buy the reinforcement pack
the main point is for the newbies to choose their cards but limit them lv 4 or above to have only 2 of the same cards so most of the newbie do not know how to play big files and most newbies are impatient to play them for a instance to use get a earth dragon the newbie need to wait for 4 turns if he is fighting with a rush deck he will be owned
to prevent this i suggested that newbie get to choose cards they want (3 of same card )but lv 4 or more (2 of the same cards max ) as u need a copy of same card to revive

Postby Phenoca » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:00 am

091888 wrote:to prevent this i suggested that newbie get to choose cards they want (3 of same card )but lv 4 or more (2 of the same cards max ) as u need a copy of same card to revive

If players got to choose between starter files, we would still be seeing the same starter files. Which of the original cards would be replaced by the ones which you mention above?

Also, instead of modifying starter files, it could be simpler to modify the level-up system. Giving players Double-Copies of the card chosen from level-up will allow them to play that card with their file at any time, instead of waiting until they have more copies (this is also the reason why I want Instant Revival to be more readily available - it allows more file-testing).
flood + Pakistan = hunger
Phenoca

Postby VanGopher » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:35 pm

I think the biggest problem with this idea is that, in general, new players aren't going to know which cards are actually the most useful. For instance, ancient spear knight simply isn't that good a card. When I was just starting, I was impressed by ancient spear knight, too: High HP, good enough AT, and a pretty useful special ability (or so I thought at the time). More experience (particularly with timing SS) and new cards, however, have shown me why Agi 2 units really are more trouble than they're worth, most of the time. Also, why a 2 SP column damage damage ability isn't as useful as it looks.

In contrast, I LOVE owl mage, and you'll see owl mage in lots of very competitive falk files. His SS is great, and trading one SS for two SS is way better than puffball's 2-for-3 trade.

I think the whole idea of the starter packs is to give new players a file that's already been selected by someone who knows what he's doing, so that the limited, pre-selected cards will naturally lead new players to the types of card combos that make this game fun. I think in the long run, giving too much choice to new players will do more harm than good.
VanGopher

Postby RivalIczer » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:45 pm

Well, if we're talking of changing the starters, a few comments:

1) Many of the "extra cards" from other spheres are units with 1-2 LP and no Soul Skills... shouldn't they be replaced by units that have a Soul Skill (even a weak one)? They're not going to see ANY use in a very long time as is.

Examples from the Refess starter's extra cards: Eagle Soldier*2, Sorcerer Guard*2, Lighning Archer*2, Crest Regenerator Knight*2, Bear-Killing Axeman*2.
They're present in all starters, I only picked Refess because that's the one I can see right now :P.

2) If they do get updated, it'd be nice to have an option to "swap" an old starter for a new one.
To avoid abuse, it'd probably need to be complete old starter for complete new starter, not picking what you want from both.

3) Some units currently in them kinda... suck.
To stick with Refess, let's just mention Blessed Acolyte. In fact, merely replacing Blessed Acolyte with another low-rarity lv2 (Sunlight Knight seems perfect: he's slightly stronger but not a complete powerhouse and fills the same role of early tank ; though its Soul Skill might be too good to hand out in a Starter)) would improve the file considerably.

Once again, only picking Refess because that's the one I can see right now.
RivalIczer

Postby dwiguitar » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:37 am

RivalIczer wrote:
(Sunlight Knight seems perfect: he's slightly stronger but not a complete powerhouse and fills the same role of early tank ; though its Soul Skill might be too good to hand out in a Starter))

One word: Dalos
https://login.alteil.com/cardDB/detail.php?id=208
dwiguitar

Postby 091888 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:55 am

modifying starter file deck and go through a few training like other mmo game they get to choose a new starter deck read the last post newbie will find it useful as they can use the starter deck straight away if they want to modify their deck they can the main point is to have more different cards that the newbie use
this will reduce back leack as there are a lot of different cards packed in each newbie

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau