The Card Duplicator Thread

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: The Card Duplicator Thread

Postby DDrgn » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:13 pm

Any sort of method to get more duplicates of wanted cards would be nice. Granted, the higher the rarity, the more..."difficult" to get a duplicate I guess.

I don't have many cards 3* rarity and above(being a free player and starting about a month ago), and I've been dumping all the Gran from MM into the lotto. Thus, I've got plenty of 1*'s, many of them 2 copies of a single card. If I could just somehow obtain a third in an easier fashion, I would enjoy it a lot. Heck, even add some kind of symbol like the starter deck symbol on them if you want to distinguish them from the others. I've got a copy each of Estoma and DanDan as rarity 3 cards, and I'd LOVE to have duplicates for them, but that probably won't happen for a while.

I agree that the duplicator would most likely help keep the newbie(ideally, free) player's around, knowing that the option is available. They're probably seeing how far they can get without spending, and seeing how that's somewhat rather difficult...I think you get the picture. At this point, the only way I see new players thinking is "Pay to get more cards," which is true, it increases your potential card pool, but it doesn't necessarily net all the cards you actually want. Plus, not everyone wants to pay for a free game, or has that option available, whether it's a browser game, MMO, etc.

Get to work on a duplicator! ;th2
( ゚ ヮ゚)b
DDrgn

Postby Eladin » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:29 am

i'd like to regurgitate what sounded to me like a really good idea (and, maybe i'm just tired or something, but it seemed less complex than the duplicator stuff) from the "My Argument to Improve Alteil" thread...

Gota wrote:Basically its like this X.

I play lotto

Lotto has a certain percentage to get a 5 star, for example sakes, its 0.1%.
And once I click that lotto button, the lotto determines that I have hit the jackpot and landed in that 0.1% and is about to award me a 5 star card.
As that happens, the lotto then will search through my card pool and determines which 5 stars I already have 3x of.
Then it will EXCLUDE it from its temporary award pool of all 5 stars, (All 5 stars currently released minus the 5 stars I have 3x copies of)
Then the lotto will do yet another lotto within that new 'temporary pool' of cards and determines which 5 star(that I do not have 3x of) I will receive.

i don't remember who actually posted the original idea, and then who exactly expanded upon it...i think it was Xovian, and then Logress...and yeah. anyways, i like it.
Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do. Strategy is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do.
- Savielly Tartakover
Eladin

Postby Peralisc2 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:53 am

InigoMontoya wrote:
lupos wrote:In our hours of debating over potential new ideas one thing that came up was a similar idea to this but with a bit of a twist. You could exchange a card + some gran for an extra copy of a card you already have. Ideally it would be one you have 1 or 2 of and not 3. Though perhaps 2 different prices for those willing to take the risk would be fun. The idea being it's sort of recycling but with a purpose so if you have a 5star you don't want you can swap it, for a cost, for a random 5 star you need.

Not sure how practical an idea it is but it seemed like a fun concept to me. Curious about you alls thoughts.

I'd really hate to see it be exchanging a card + some gran for an extra card of the same rarity you already have 3 of. Please make it be a card + some gran for an extra card you have 1 or 2 of. This is a huge difference for me. One plan just sucks my gran for very little gain as I pay gran to "duplicate" a card I have 4 of, only to get a different card I now have four of. The other plan is an incredibly valuable and wonderful gift from Alteil that finally allows me to collect 3 of every card.

I vote for Inigo's idea. He's damn right about this!
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby luckysvn777 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:57 am

To be honest, I see no reason why not to implement the second (Inigo's) plan. Sure the other one nets more gran. But in the long run, it keeps us vets (and plenty of other people) happy and thus spending on future sets (not to mention spending more initially) and getting that first copy would always take a while. Its really just a giant help to new players and a very nice gift to the vets who have likely, at that point, paid more than enough to deserve it ^^
luckysvn777

Postby NoFish » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:26 pm

InigoMontoya wrote:
lupos wrote:In our hours of debating over potential new ideas one thing that came up was a similar idea to this but with a bit of a twist. You could exchange a card + some gran for an extra copy of a card you already have. Ideally it would be one you have 1 or 2 of and not 3. Though perhaps 2 different prices for those willing to take the risk would be fun. The idea being it's sort of recycling but with a purpose so if you have a 5star you don't want you can swap it, for a cost, for a random 5 star you need.

Not sure how practical an idea it is but it seemed like a fun concept to me. Curious about you alls thoughts.

I'd really hate to see it be exchanging a card + some gran for an extra card of the same rarity you already have 3 of. Please make it be a card + some gran for an extra card you have 1 or 2 of. This is a huge difference for me. One plan just sucks my gran for very little gain as I pay gran to "duplicate" a card I have 4 of, only to get a different card I now have four of. The other plan is an incredibly valuable and wonderful gift from Alteil that finally allows me to collect 3 of every card.

Please, please, please do this. And sooner rather than later, before Alteil bleeds any more vets.
NoFish

Postby Romdeau » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:41 am

Moved to appropriate forum.
Romdeau

Postby Pancakes » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:10 am

Lotto hates me, it will give me 3 copies of all sorts of 3star grims but for some reason neglects to give me any 3star units or characters...lame
I can only use Bringer, BKR Jack, and returns cuz I'm a free player. It's my best shot at winning!
Pancakes

Postby Peralisc2 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:24 am

There are no 3 star units. All 3 star cards are characters or spell cards.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby luckysvn777 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:04 pm

Characters are still considered units...
luckysvn777

Postby Phenoca » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:07 pm

Xovian wrote:
InigoMontoya wrote:I'd really hate to see it be exchanging a card + some gran for an extra card of the same rarity you already have 3 of. Please make it be a card + some gran for an extra card you have 1 or 2 of. This is a huge difference for me. One plan just sucks my gran for very little gain as I pay gran to "duplicate" a card I have 4 of, only to get a different card I now have four of. The other plan is an incredibly valuable and wonderful gift from Alteil that finally allows me to collect 3 of every card.

I concur. It should not even be looking at cards you already have 3 (or more) of.

Amen.

Perhaps FM-cost for a random (owned) card of rarity X = k*recycling value of rarity X + another card you own of rarity X

DanTheTimid wrote:Still nice to know the GMs are considering duplicator options.

Yup.

But I would prefer a "receive double copies of cards from level-up".

Harion wrote:so in effect, a duplicator will only cheapen the joy of collecting in Alteil

That is so true.

Eladin wrote:
Gota wrote:Basically its like this X.

I play lotto

Lotto has a certain percentage to get a 5 star, for example sakes, its 0.1%.
And once I click that lotto button, the lotto determines that I have hit the jackpot and landed in that 0.1% and is about to award me a 5 star card.
As that happens, the lotto then will search through my card pool and determines which 5 stars I already have 3x of.
Then it will EXCLUDE it from its temporary award pool of all 5 stars, (All 5 stars currently released minus the 5 stars I have 3x copies of)
Then the lotto will do yet another lotto within that new 'temporary pool' of cards and determines which 5 star(that I do not have 3x of) I will receive.

i don't remember who actually posted the original idea, and then who exactly expanded upon it...i think it was Xovian, and then Logress...and yeah. anyways, i like it.

If duplicators are implemented without giving you fourth-copies of your triples then the above would be common-sense.

Peralisc2 wrote:There are no 3 star units. All 3 star cards are characters or spell cards.

Forbidden book : D
I have triples of Cassowary...

In conclusion, I totally agree with Harion.

Try the "receive double copies of cards from level-up" instead.

Singles are underpowered.

Doubles are fine.

Triples are tough to play against (and I don't want to see a shrine knight epidemic; there are so many clone-files that would crop-up, by players recycling all of the X-rarity cards that they don't need).
flood + Pakistan = hunger
Phenoca

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau