The Card Duplicator Thread

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: The Card Duplicator Thread

Postby Eladin » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:48 am

Phenoca wrote:
Eladin wrote:
Gota wrote:Basically its like this X.

I play lotto

Lotto has a certain percentage to get a 5 star, for example sakes, its 0.1%.
And once I click that lotto button, the lotto determines that I have hit the jackpot and landed in that 0.1% and is about to award me a 5 star card.
As that happens, the lotto then will search through my card pool and determines which 5 stars I already have 3x of.
Then it will EXCLUDE it from its temporary award pool of all 5 stars, (All 5 stars currently released minus the 5 stars I have 3x copies of)
Then the lotto will do yet another lotto within that new 'temporary pool' of cards and determines which 5 star(that I do not have 3x of) I will receive.

i don't remember who actually posted the original idea, and then who exactly expanded upon it...i think it was Xovian, and then Logress...and yeah. anyways, i like it.

If duplicators are implemented without giving you fourth-copies of your triples then the above would be common-sense.

...but it was a different idea. the duplicator (from what i've read, unless i'm misunderstanding) isn't the same as the system that was described here. it seemed as though the duplicator involved recycling a crap lotto, or any card and paying sort of an exchange cost to get a card you actually want or don't have one of. the one that was posted from someone else, takes out all that, and just revamps the lotto to take care of the problem.
Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do. Strategy is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do.
- Savielly Tartakover
Eladin

Postby Phenoca » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:00 pm

Eladin wrote:it seemed as though the duplicator involved recycling a crap lotto, or any card and paying sort of an exchange cost to get a card you actually want or don't have one of. the one that was posted from someone else, takes out all that, and just revamps the lotto to take care of the problem.

But that is just recycling for point cards.

I had thought that duplicator inferred obtaining a random (insert rarity here) which you own.
flood + Pakistan = hunger
Phenoca

Postby Pancakes » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:36 pm

Hopefully this will go through. So that I can finally complete my "Proxy Rangers" strategy. First we have the red ranger, the blue ranger, the yellow ranger, and the black ranger. Now all we need are EX: Green and EX: White.
I can only use Bringer, BKR Jack, and returns cuz I'm a free player. It's my best shot at winning!
Pancakes

Postby Eladin » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:06 am

Phenoca wrote:
Eladin wrote:it seemed as though the duplicator involved recycling a crap lotto, or any card and paying sort of an exchange cost to get a card you actually want or don't have one of. the one that was posted from someone else, takes out all that, and just revamps the lotto to take care of the problem.

But that is just recycling for point cards.

I had thought that duplicator inferred obtaining a random (insert rarity here) which you own.

i might have to read the thread all over again, but that was what it started sounding like to me, was this whole weird business of recycling and then re-lottoing or something like that...and i don't recall seeing anything about point cards, but, that was it. that's the only reason why i brought up the other thing i heard from another thread.

but if the duplicator was exactly as you stated, then it wouldn't be any different from the current lotto really :P (though i know you mean that it'd do so with cards you don't own full sets of already right?)
Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do. Strategy is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do.
- Savielly Tartakover
Eladin

Postby Phenoca » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:57 pm

Eladin wrote:but if the duplicator was exactly as you stated, then it wouldn't be any different from the current lotto really :P (though i know you mean that it'd do so with cards you don't own full sets of already right?)

Which you already own, so you would only be getting further copies of cards which you have.

So if you have one proxy of flame, and one proxy of water, and use-up the proxy of water, then you get second proxy of flame, or another ***** which you already own.

I personally don't need this. Lotto is fun as it is.
But it would be nice to have packs with lotto-rates, but like, "sets 1,2 only" or "sets 2,3 only", etc.
flood + Pakistan = hunger
Phenoca

Postby Eladin » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:39 am

Phenoca wrote:So if you have one proxy of flame, and one proxy of water, and use-up the proxy of water, then you get second proxy of flame, or another ***** which you already own.

I personally don't need this. Lotto is fun as it is.
But it would be nice to have packs with lotto-rates, but like, "sets 1,2 only" or "sets 2,3 only", etc.

now that makes it just sound like a random exchange system. but i don't like the idea of just giving up one attained 5* for a random 5*, whether i own it or not.

lotto is fun when every card you get isn't a copy of something you already have 3 of...and are all 1*

lol, i can't tell if you mean cost, or pull, by rates, but i sure hope it was the former. :)
- Savielly Tartakover
Eladin

Previous

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau