Contest Prizes are Too Small

User suggestions to improve the game

Contest Prizes are Too Small

Postby Pancakes » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:55 pm

Yes. I don't think winning a contest should only net you less han 10% of a five star if anything it should give you half of what you need to get a SINGLE 5 star which usually woudln't even be playable anyway except for soul skills.

Some of us have invested in this game in good faith and these contest prizes are just too tiny for me to bother with to be honest. 4 point cards? Sorry. But no.
I can only use Bringer, BKR Jack, and returns cuz I'm a free player. It's my best shot at winning!
Pancakes

Re: Contest Prizes are Too Small

Postby luckysvn777 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:04 pm

I don't bother with most of the contests. I don't feel like I get enough for the effort needed to do them. *shrugs* Although the newer contests have been way better (Pirate, the new Arakis Quest, etc) 20 point cards is reasonable.
luckysvn777

Postby Logress » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:16 pm

Card flip has a lower prize than the other contests because it's a bit more "casual" and the winner is pretty subjective.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby luckysvn777 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:41 pm

Well yea, the Card Flip prize makes sense, I was just talking about the bigger contests.
luckysvn777

Postby Harion » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:56 pm

if you're not happy with the prizes, don't join
no one is forcing you
My goal is not to win, but to have fun.
But since winning is fun, I can't help but to make winning my goal.
--
Bear killing axe-man was meant to be what it's name suggests - a killer unit. Sadly, there were no bears to kill in Alteil.
Harion

Postby Skewer » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:19 pm

I managed to get 60+ point cards without spending a single FM b/c of contests. Then again, it still took a lot of work (and luck) so I'm thinking runner-up prizes should be bigger:

1st: 20
2nd:10
3rd: 5
Honorable Mention: 2/3 (There can be as many honorable mentions as people who deserve it)
Skewer

Postby luckysvn777 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:57 pm

Skewer wrote:I managed to get 60+ point cards without spending a single FM b/c of contests. Then again, it still took a lot of work (and luck) so I'm thinking runner-up prizes should be bigger:

1st: 20
2nd:10
3rd: 5
Honorable Mention: 2/3 (There can be as many honorable mentions as people who deserve it)

This is what i'd like.

And Harion, that's why I don't join most of them. No need to be antagonistic with your post.
luckysvn777

Postby Pancakes » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:27 pm

omgosh the school spirits contest is really really baaaad. aaahhh so weird. I have all of those great spirits. And it's soooo easy to get 4 point cards from FM these days.

This contest is obviously not intended to benefit me.

It's almost like a joke. Give a way 2 free 3 star cards and I'm sure you'll get a LOT of people playing a THIRTY games or more this week.
I can only use Bringer, BKR Jack, and returns cuz I'm a free player. It's my best shot at winning!
Pancakes

Postby Skewer » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:23 pm

Pancakes wrote:omgosh the school spirits contest is really really baaaad. aaahhh so weird. I have all of those great spirits. And it's soooo easy to get 4 point cards from FM these days.

This contest is obviously not intended to benefit me.

It's almost like a joke. Give a way 2 free 3 star cards and I'm sure you'll get a LOT of people playing a THIRTY games or more this week.

Well that's 4 ADDITIONAL point cards just for playing 5 games in a week. The GMs are trying and I appreciate that. I know there was one person who kept ranting about how he could never lotto a sylph. This event was made for him XD
Skewer

Postby Visfarix » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:40 pm

I don't know why everyone seems to like complaining so much. All these contests are free except for the time we invest into doing them. I think we're lucky there aren't entry fees or some sort of payment for some of these contests. Heck the GMs are even nice enough to provide prizes for the community run tournaments. We're getting alot of free stuff. Why are you all being spoiled and asking for more? If you don't like prizes or you don't think they are worth your time, then just don't participate.
Visfarix

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau