Disconnection issue

User suggestions to improve the game

Disconnection issue

Postby Hinata » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:19 am

I saw this in previous topics, but nothing is done about it. Ok, im geting very angry, i wasn't playing for like a month and when i got back, i looked wow no disconection, thought now i can get some Rp, duh... after 3 weeks its all the same, 3 fights then disconections and so on (mainly to 14** rp ones) im getting full of this. Im not complaining about it, but i just want to show my disapointment, and try to show a possible solution. Entering the game after you get disconection, its quite easy thing to make and would help many people not to lose there motivation, cause now its like oh wow i won 5 fights in a row then got dc, and i think the hell with this and logout. I think im not the only one who feels like this. I think GM's should look deeper in this, it would bring better game performance and i see only pros it this no cons at all.
Hinata

Re: Disconnection issue

Postby Harion » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:44 am

this problem has been going on ever since the game started
i've actually given up hope they'll ever do something about it
and just contemplating on whether to spend more or just ditch the game now
because my problem is worse than disconnects (yeah i can endure those bcoz rp loss is nothing to me)
i can't even play the game!
My goal is not to win, but to have fun.
But since winning is fun, I can't help but to make winning my goal.
--
Bear killing axe-man was meant to be what it's name suggests - a killer unit. Sadly, there were no bears to kill in Alteil.
Harion

Postby NoFish » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:49 pm

Huh. I've never had any significant problem with disconnects, which would make me think that the problem is probably with you having an unstable connection... In which case I wonder what exactly you expect the GM's to be able to do about it. I've found Alteil to be remarkably resistant to hiccups - I've stayed on despite being kicked off of AIM, IRC, and even Alteil's own chat client.
NoFish

Postby Peralisc2 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:22 pm

Thought same as nofish. Go beat up your provider or something.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Visfarix » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:57 pm

Alteil has always been like this. My home internet connection is a bit on the slow side, 40-50 kb/s, so I always have connection issues when playing at home. I usually just MM and tinker with my files during those times. But my school internet connection is top notch, so I play when I have down time at school. Point is you should either get better internets from your service provider, or go somewhere else that has a high speed internet connection and play.
Visfarix

Postby Phenoca » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:50 pm

Yes, using wireless is also risky. Having your computer directly plugged-in to router/wall helps.
flood + Pakistan = hunger
Phenoca

Postby Hinata » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:01 am

Yeah my internet is not high grade but its normal for my needs, not all people have good ones, anyway it can be not internet issues but other ones, i know few pll who already left alteil because of this. We have small community, and lossing members is just too costly. But such small things can do wonders...
Hinata

Postby Harion » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:06 pm

go look in the game freeze thread. logress has already told me the game kicks players that have constant hiccups in their connections or short bursts of lag...
he said it has something to do with game security
and i said, why not just find a way to keep the game from kicking players without compromising game security?
and it has nothing to do with speed. all other sites load very fast for me
even alteil's main site. even logging into the game
it is when this ;loading sign pops up that the game freezes for me
or when changing arenas. and refreshing will give you double login issues every time
My goal is not to win, but to have fun.
But since winning is fun, I can't help but to make winning my goal.
--
Bear killing axe-man was meant to be what it's name suggests - a killer unit. Sadly, there were no bears to kill in Alteil.
Harion

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau