GMs: RP Arena? LvL Arena? FM Lotto? Points Cards: LOL...

User suggestions to improve the game

GMs: RP Arena? LvL Arena? FM Lotto? Points Cards: LOL...

Postby Tenkai » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:56 am

Playing for 2 weeks now since my 10 months break and it's still the same as before: still no RP or LvL arena. Do the GMs really think we enjoy to get owned again and again by highlvl players? What's the point for lowlvl and free players to feed the highlvs with easy wins? And you guys wonder why the playerbase isn't growing and ppl are leaving... It's actually so bad that I usually only play when I don't see any highlvl players around and try to avoid them as much as I can and I know some ppl are doing the same.

I mean how can they GMs not see that the way the handle the current playerbase is just wrong? Playing the western version of alteil is like playing a mmoprg, where you have to fight lvl 50+ mobs when you reach lvl 14 in order to progress: does it sound like fun to you? I bet almost everyone here played a mmorpg and you know how the progression works: you always fight mobs near your strenght and lvl that you can handle, but the GMs of alteil totallly ignore this.

And wasn't there a suggestion several months ago for a FM Lotto? I haven't read the forum in the past months but the answer was probably like this: We can't do anything, the J a p Devs say no, so we say no, how dare you question the j a p devs decision...

BTW the Card lottery needs to be changed somehow: with 5 sets out, its almost impossible to get a playset of cards let alone a playset for a specific sphere. This leads to another point: how do you guys expect free players or even small spenders to stick with the game, when It's so hard to get a playset of a 1 star card. even when buying boosters you have to spend ALOT of money to get a playset and than you have to be lucky again and get something you actually need. This leads back to point one: how do you guys expect ppl to enjoy the game when they have to use crippled decks in folrat without any hope in the near future to change or even slightly modify their decks? It takes like months (or in some cases years) to get a playset from the card lottery with your MM gran. Are you really expecting ppl to stick to alteil for several months with all these negative circumstances???

I know alteil needs to make money, but with this money sucking system you either spent alot or nothing: otherwise you are just wasting money. Small spenders are better off spending their money somewhere else, alteil just don't give a worthwile incentive for the small spenders and they are like 90% (or even more) of the playerbase.

So the only thing in the past freaking 10 months that really changed was the addition of the point cards: Are the GMs trying to mock us? Seriously I don't know how the other players feel but the point cards are like useless. 2500 FM for 1 card.... They might aswell tell us, that we will never get anything out of it: at lvl 35 I got just around 8000 FM without spending any FM until now: so they want us to reach lvl 80 or whatever before we get a 1 star card? I thought this point card system was there to help out new players LOL.

Well I don't really wanna say bad things about the GMs but they don't give me another choice: they might work hard or not, BUT they are working really REALLY slow. I mean more than 10 months passed and alteil is pratically the same or even worse than before. How can you guys expect the playerbase to grow when you had so much time on your hands without any real improvements? Even if you GMs aren't capable of thinking about good solutions, the forum is like jam-packed with great suggestions: It seems like GMs just read and forget them, always pointing to the japanese ppl.

Gonna take another break for several months and wait for some real improvements of alteil. Oh and btw gms plz don't tell me you guys are reading every thread and took notice of them: it's USELESS to read all the great threads/suggestions when you are actually doing nothing afterwards.
Last edited by Tenkai on Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tenkai

Re: GMs: RP Arena? LvL Arena? FM Lotto? Points Cards: LOL...

Postby luckysvn777 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:24 am

*sigh* yet another one of these complain topics? This is getting old.

Playing for 2 weeks now since my 10 months break and it's still the same as before: still no RP or LvL arena. Do the GMs really think we enjoy to get owned again and again by highlvl players? What's the point for lowlvl and free players to feed the highlvs with easy wins? And you guys wonder why the playerbase isn't growing and ppl are leaving... It's actually so bad that I usually only play when I don't see any highlvl players around and try to avoid them as much as I can and I know some ppl are doing the same.

I mean how can they GMs not see that the way the handle the current playerbase is just wrong? Playing the western version of alteil is like playing a mmoprg, where you have to fight lvl 50+ mobs when you reach lvl 14 in order to progress: does it sound like fun to you? I bet almost everyone here played a mmorpg and you know how the progression works: you always fight mobs near your strenght and lvl that you can handle, but the GMs of alteil totallly ignore this.

Its this kind of attitude that is the reason why you don't do well. If you are going to go into every one of those battles thinking you are going to lose, then here's a newsflash for you, you will. I see a vast vast difference from those low level who whine and cry about high levels and defeat themselves before the battle even begins.. and those who try and eventually succeed. I'm sorry, but at some point you are going to have to work to play with the big boys. Alteil can't baby you forever.

Sure a RP arena could be nice... as a separate arena from Folrart without some of its benefits. It'll be more of a test and "for fun" arena.

And maybe its just me, but the GM's have had plenty of events for the past few months. You do realize just how hard it is to change the system right? All the testing and calculation that goes in for every little change? A game's economy is a fragile thing, and if they mess up, things would be way worse. Let them take their time so they can do things right.

I have no doubt the GM's are cooking up solutions even now. Its been expressed by enough people lately that change is needed, and for the most part they have seemed to agree. But change takes time. Deal with it and be patient, or just go. There's enough going around without another pointless whine topic.
luckysvn777

Postby DWildstar » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:54 am

Also within the last 10 months we had the system upgrade with duel spectating with bonus FM and exp, NPC AI arena, more layers in the avatar system, website redesign/update, Batora event, Set 5, EX 3, EX 4, EX lottery, Reinforcement Packs, The Great Level-Up Card update adding level up cards, and new payment methods. So give us a *little* credit :?

Not all events were necessarily directed towards increasing the playerbase, but certainly things that we've done in order to try to improve the game and keep things interesting. Right now we've had a slump because school is in session, but we're going to continue adding improvements to the game.

It may feel like we're ignoring suggestions, but I don't know what to tell you other than that we read all suggestions and decide whether they're good or not. Some suggestions posted might be implemented, others won't. Its our job to decide what's best to ensure the game stays afloat and users are satisfied. If what the game is like isn't doing it for you now, hopefully in the future it'll suit your needs.

Until then, I'd recommend posting your file in Annarose''s Sanctum if you're having trouble beating other players.
DWildstar

Postby neviscus » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:10 am

I almost didn't read this because I figured it would be the same as every other complaint thread..... I hate being right.

Anyway, a lot of what you said has been said before. The GMs have made plenty of progress which a lot of players enjoy. Myself being a free player loved the 10 gran lottery, (didn't it used to be 30?) They release new sets to make it where we don't have the same decks. People were asking for a competetive refess deck and they got shrine knights, and please DON'T turn this into the shrine knight complaint, just an example.

My final point is GMs may be working slow, but it also is as faasat as they can work. With all the events they go to I am amazed they get anything done. Patience is a virtue
neviscus

Postby Peralisc2 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:27 am

I agree with an RP arena but setting the right RP requirement for it is difficult for sure!

Many of the players have a wrong approach and some don't even know how to counter certain strategies or units. I couldn't imagine that someone couldn't figure out he can use lightning bolt or salamander with his star dragon to kill moon assassin and this is just one of the many that lacks knowledge about counters and much more related to the game.

I am currently trying to make a complete guide for new players mostly, but i am sure it might help you too, try to read it: http://alteil.com/forum/index.php?f=32& ... =viewtopic
Will add there most files that are popular and will also list counters and such. Just it takes time, but until then read the first big block of info, it has to help if you follow it!
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby luckysvn777 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:33 pm

People just severely underestimate the amount of work that goes into something like this.. in fact I have no idea myself.. but the fact that just the 7-8 of them (that number's about right, right? Or are there more underlings xD) can pull something like this off is incredible enough in my opinion.

People also undervalue experience and overvalue cards :/
luckysvn777

Postby cheongzewei » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:26 pm

i don't know, me being a free player, i still manage to churn out a hell lots of good cards for my refress deck

2x oversoul
2x sunbeam cage
3x elite folrate dual-weilder (the lv 4 guy)
2x pegasus
2 of those Blessed armor knights
4x magic bolts (recycled 2)

but yea, it was hard playing in folrart till i got...

fierte.

i lose some, but yea, i do win some.
Perfect 9
ImageImage
cheongzewei

Postby Pancakes » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:42 pm

Most people will complain in a lopsided competition. Why is this so difficult for Alteil players to understand? When you pull out a Vile Swordsmanx3 against a guardian player who's run out of magic bolts... it's not even a contest anymore.

When you go Athira Shin with Cyclone against Dalos player, how can you call it a fair fight? Unfairness may be a part of this game but that also means that people will naturally protest about it - especially noobs. Doesn't matter how much you sigh about it. That's human nature.
I can only use Bringer, BKR Jack, and returns cuz I'm a free player. It's my best shot at winning!
Pancakes

Postby Harion » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:05 pm

i only have this to say to you: it took me many losses before i started to win in folrart
and those were the times when Nehless and Mavel ruled folrart
no one else was playing. one of the two were always on.
i kept on playing... every single day, i would meet EM and Big Blue and would get clobbered
still i kept playing. and advancing on games where i managed to meet other players besides the two
still, it was a very tough match up. gowen hits too hard, too fast
lawtia ruled at night and then had dalos (and back then lebeu was something)
and there was simply no catching up to falkow and surviving the vordore boost
and all refess had to boast of (without EM) was Zagar..

players online then could only be counted in two hands
you were lucky if more than 20 ppl were online at the same time (at any time of the day)

Alteil has changed so much then. the GM has implemented some very nice changes (new lvl arenas, npc's, community tourneys, point cards) and they continue to host so many events and promos (free avatars, there's an upcoming great spirits give away..) i think that if they continue on this direction, keep listening to the community, we'll get to see Alteil growing and developing into a real big community. now, it isn't such a rarity to see more than 100 ppl online. there was a time when you had to wait for hours before you can even duel anybody...
so yeah, Alteil is going in the right direction. we just need to give them more time, more support, and hey, keep badgering them about what they're doing wrong, and hopefully, they'll heed us and implement changes (it'll also give them motivation if you support the game financially. afer all, it's hard working on an empty stomach) if you want to enjoy the game, spend a bit. save a bit every month just to spend something on Alteil. it's not much. but it helps keep the game alive.
like peralisc, i'm also planning to write up a general strategy guide (very much unlike darklogos')
i will focus more on common sense things all iczers should know (and practice) but do not
more than over powered cards and level gap, there exists a huge knowledge gap between vets and newbs that you all should know and accept. it is this gap, which keeps you from winning and keeps them from winning. bridging that gap, and then crossing it is what will make you win more games in folrart (and admittedly, there are files that really cannot be beaten even with all the knowledge simply because you lack the cards to beat it) but you always increase your chances if you come into a game, not admitting defeat outright. there's this one time (at the height of the dagon craze) wherein i put up an incomplete dagon deck just because so many ppl were quitting right at the dagon open. lol. i had so many free wins even tho they never realized i just had 2 dagons, and no eskatia. i bet if i opened shinclone/primclone style, i'd also get many free wins today. moral? battle until your last LP. you never know what might happen. the other guy just migh get disconnected. he may misclick or make a wrong move because of inattention (this happens, i've lost games wherein i just had too many things calling my attention) also, enduring until your last LP allows you to see the other guy's last moves, last SS, right unitl you get iczered to death. this is an important part. learning every step of the deck that beat you allows you to find ways to beat it next time.
My goal is not to win, but to have fun.
But since winning is fun, I can't help but to make winning my goal.
--
Bear killing axe-man was meant to be what it's name suggests - a killer unit. Sadly, there were no bears to kill in Alteil.
Harion

Postby Emainma » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:55 pm

Hi there. Free player here.

Tenkai wrote:Do the GMs really think we enjoy to get owned again and again by highlvl players?

I think there is no arguing that surviving in Folrart is tough as a free player, simply because there is not as many options available to oneself. However, its certainly possible. I'm sure I am not the first one to manage 60% win ratio with a modified starter in Folrart, and I certainly won't be the last if people are willing to put in the effort.

The flipside is, its very satisfying when one wins against a high level player with just the most basic of tools. No matter how shiny the opposing cards are, or how expensive their deck is, all Iczers are subject to the random number generator and making mistakes. Capitalizing on those mistakes are what separates a good Iczer from a bad Iczer, no matter which file one plays.

Pancakes wrote:When you go Athira Shin with Cyclone against Dalos player, how can you call it a fair fight?

Its certainly hard, but the tools to win are already there in the starter file for Lawtia. Assassin and Soul Bind + Invisible Druid erases a good chunk of Prim-Cyclone-Shin's SP advantage if timed correctly. Shades and Magic Shade Soldier early slow down enemy files enough that they can't enjoy the 10 sp or so necessary to play EX Primrose + Cyclone + Whatever they need to actually dominate the field with until they are at a precariously low LP total. One needs a few soul pacts to generate Iczer Attack SP, but its not so hard to find a few from level ups or lottery.
Emainma

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau