GMs: RP Arena? LvL Arena? FM Lotto? Points Cards: LOL...

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: GMs: RP Arena? LvL Arena? FM Lotto? Points Cards: LOL...

Postby Peralisc2 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:35 am

But recently our GMs said they are quite responsible for the system, also i think someone said the japanese GMs can speak english. No translation needed i guess.

One thing that is being ignored is the extras they added. Back when i was struggling i still managed to beat the top players and we had even less comfort back then. The lotto was 30 gran LOL. What they really didn't do and it's a terrible fact, is that they didn't give any new cards (or at least one of the new starter decks as an extra) to those with old starters so they had to quit, change account (which resulted in quiting) or spend (which many can't live with). And we had crazy "unbeatable" decks by starters even back then, it's just that i needed 2 times more timing, skill and prediction than my opponent.
I say i have much more to complain about than any of you guys, so take a chill pill and then try harder to win.

Really you guys have no idea how good you have it ... the issue is not mostly what people get, it's mostly what people that know how to play get and they get a considerably low amount as reward. Although sure daily activity isn't greatly encouraged, but i don't see why you need to overexagerate like that.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2
 
Posts: 7031
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:38 pm
Location: planet of the self-proclaimed evolving apes

Re: GMs: RP Arena? LvL Arena? FM Lotto? Points Cards: LOL...

Postby luckysvn777 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:31 am

The idea of changing the +2/-1 seems pretty new to me, so hopefully this will get implemented as well, there's no reason to not make the game +2/+1 to encourage grinding.
User avatar
luckysvn777
 
Posts: 3840
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:51 am

Re: GMs: RP Arena? LvL Arena? FM Lotto? Points Cards: LOL...

Postby Skewer » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:16 am

Just because you had it worse pera, doesnt mean it can't be even better. And just look at us right now. For some reason or other, we have more or less stopped playing. I don't know what reason you have, but mine is basically because playing right now is 1) hardly fun, either going against starters or the overplayed meta and 2) Nothing's encouraging me to grind right now. And when I say grind, I dont mean grinding wins, but rather just playing multiple games.

But yes, allowing a player to theoretically amass infinite gran will solve a lot of problems. The playerbase will boom, and people will stop complaining about cpc or card duplicators or whatever. They can just go grind another pack. If they get what they want, yay for them. If not, its not like they can complain at all, since all they would have to do is shut up and go grind another pack.

There is also something else you guys are missing. People are not complaining because they can't win. They may think that's why they are complaining, but in reality its because they simply just want to be able to get more cards easier. Sure its just an excuse for losing, but this is a ccg after all. If all they cared about was winning at card games, they should go play freecell (wonderful game btw)
User avatar
Skewer
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 12:49 am

Re: GMs: RP Arena? LvL Arena? FM Lotto? Points Cards: LOL...

Postby Peralisc2 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:57 am

And just look at us right now. For some reason or other, we have more or less stopped playing.

Lol. I am so inactive i didn't notice your inactivity. :lol:
But you getting inactive sounds bad for the game to me ... maybe i sound weird but your decks seemed to shift the meta a bit. Also what about your SRX guild? Aren't you their "moral booster" or "guiding spirit" or something? :/

I agree there is obvious stuff they can add which the game currently lacks, such as FM lotto that gives starter cards and the mini games that just keeps people there like the chat keeps people around for random talk. And i want a better FM grinding rate (increase loser FM from 20 to 30 or even 40 ffs).

I just hate how i grind and grind to get my gran for some fun stuff or just to collect more stuff, play a lot to keep up to date with getting latest cards and at the end i just can't play for a while and miss on certain falkow EX packs and on top of that because of that small break i am left behind a lot because new stuff comes out and then guess what the rarity even dropped for the new set, i can't even catch up with a bit of time invesment and 60$, not 30$ but 60$ (as some spent) to not even get a decent portion of the new stuff and there is no point card system for EX cards and even if there was, not even ME can grind that much FM (i say me because nobody yet broke my weekly gran record and i was top weekly grinder whenever i felt like it) ... so it's simply all too much, WAY TOO MUCH effort needed even if you can grind more than anyone else.

I just have second thoughts about +1 for losing. Maybe my view is wrong about that, how would that look for alteil afterwards? Won't that have a negitve impact on the system and force it to go down? Won't everyone be a free player for good afterwards? :?
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2
 
Posts: 7031
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:38 pm
Location: planet of the self-proclaimed evolving apes

Re: GMs: RP Arena? LvL Arena? FM Lotto? Points Cards: LOL...

Postby luckysvn777 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:10 am

With the current rates, no matter how much you grind during the week, you really do still need to pay for a good chance at 3-5 stars... especially in set 5. So that won't be a problem..
User avatar
luckysvn777
 
Posts: 3840
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:51 am

Re: GMs: RP Arena? LvL Arena? FM Lotto? Points Cards: LOL...

Postby Peralisc2 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:25 am

Thought about that often ... and wonder if it's so hard to get 3-5 stars since the chances are low, why bother to get them if you can make a decent-good deck with the low rares? So even then you can sit it out and wait until you drop mass gran on the lotto to get a 3 star or something.
Also in that case i wonder if they won't make the rares stronger on purpose, which would make the cards imbalanced, which makes me prefer a +2 / +0 a lot more. At least a +0 dosn't scare people away, they won't have something to lose, training and testing in folrart like some do would be encouraged.
Also if they make it into a +2/+1 or a +3/+1, they will also maybe raise the card cost so people are still encouraged to spend. (although gran cost will still probably suck)

How do you think they will react to that kind of demand?

And to top it all +2 / +1 dosn't encourage strong deck builds, does it? Or is that something that should be very little accentuated?
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2
 
Posts: 7031
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:38 pm
Location: planet of the self-proclaimed evolving apes

Re: GMs: RP Arena? LvL Arena? FM Lotto? Points Cards: LOL...

Postby Tenkai » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:35 pm

Kamerynn wrote:If that weren't enough, we have another new player reporting a win rate of around %60 in this thread: Emainma.


Here are some other "winning" :roll: players for you:

shivandragon wrote:Hmmm I haven't been doing too well in fortlart arena lately. So if my streak continues and I win 25% of my games how much weekly gran will I make? Like if I play 20 games and win 5? I think I just get 10 gran per week so I just play one game per week in fortlart until I can get a better deck?


RUSTRUNNER02 wrote:There may be days some people like myself wish to get pummeled buy other players with an excess of 50+ levels and an RP rating of 1600 or more over yours. But lately those days have been wearing me thin. Either fix this problem or your will have no players but those oldies and no more deer to hunt a peck. I play three games a day and everyone is 30+ levels over me and have RP ratings of at least 1600 or more compared to my 1300. I rarely ever see players my level anymore esp. since they just feel the same way I do. Why play a game just to lose? If the cards aren't important then why not make them singles to be bought with Grin. 1000 grin per star, or something. Have RP arenas rather then level arenas. The Older players have such experience that it is not only impossible to win against there super honed files but angering to play against there non-existent cards. The lotto should be star based. 1 star cards 10 grin, 2 star cards 20 grin, and so on. I have spent 40.00 for two box sets only to get copies of the same cards I already have and not only that but to get 4 of a single card 3 or more times in a row. it should only give you 3 of the same cards only to make your money worth it.

I will not be blowing my money on this game until it is successfully fixed.


Sorry


Silverrock wrote:So, I've only been playing for 4 or 5 days and made it to lvl. 17 now. I made the jump to the lvl. 15 arena and saw my winning ways nosedive. Now this isn't a complaint thread (well maybe a little, later), I'm looking for advice...

My win% has fallen dramatically,(74% to 58%) and since I started last Monday, I'm considering not dueling for the next couple of days to get the extra gran. Having won only twice out of 10 battles, if I play the next 3 days I'm pretty certain I'll lose the extra weekly gran and only get 10.

Related to that, is there a way to cancel and restart? Having learned alot in the last few days I could correct a lot of mistakes made in the first few hours of playing (I don't want to make a new e-mail as it would make me feel a little cheesy).

And finally, is there anyway to choose levels of people you duel? Does the program take into account who you face? Are there plans to make another Arena (Lvls. 15 to 40 or somesuch)?

I find I'm taking 2-4 minute turns just to read all the text and abilities of cards I've never seen and getting some rude comments about it. Someone, I forget who, said they would report me for taking up too much time, called be a n00b and that "ur starter deck is fail". This was on turn 9 and while I was in trouble and likely to lose, I still had 4 of my Soul Skills to go off so who knows?

Mostly love the game, sorry to ramble but wanted everyone to know where I'm coming from. So to sum up:

1) Wait for Monday for the extra gran from the Win/Lose formula?
2) Other than creating a whole new e-mail address, anyway to start all over and put my hard learned lessons to use?
3) Any plans to create another Arena? As the community grows it's gonna get pretty crowded in the attic! :shock:

As always, thanks in advance...
Tenkai
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:09 pm

Re: GMs: RP Arena? LvL Arena? FM Lotto? Points Cards: LOL...

Postby luckysvn777 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:05 pm

I don't get the point of your post. That people struggle? Well yea, for every winner there has to be a loser.

Of course, people complain about the bad things. Do they ever vocalize the good things though? Not really. What purpose would those successful players have in pointing out their record on here?

So yea, of course the forums will have more complaints than successes. Don't act like that supports your argument in any way. It doesn't.
User avatar
luckysvn777
 
Posts: 3840
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:51 am

Re: GMs: RP Arena? LvL Arena? FM Lotto? Points Cards: LOL...

Postby Tenkai » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:16 pm

luckysvn777 wrote:So yea, of course the forums will have more complaints than successes. Don't act like that supports your argument in any way. It doesn't.


It just pointless to argue with you: they above mentioned posts just reflect the thoughts of 90% of the free players and small spenders out there. Sure it doesn't support my arguments LOL.

Here is another one just for you: it perfectly sums up the thoughts of most of the ppl that either already quit or are ready to quit the game:

eliteofdelet wrote:After level 14 the game gets kinda annoying, but after level 19-20 the game seems pointless. I recently got into crest and it was slightly annoying but still fun when you win a battle and instantly level up and get a new card which you could then recycle for more cards, but now that I no longer get a new card a level the game seems really pointless. All I do now is sit around watching the 40+ farm sp and then play several level 4-7s and decimating my level 1-3s. The whole strategy aspect of the game seems to be lost now as my cards are now pointless.

I think its funny you all say post your deck and get help but when your deck's max damage is 70 (which is easily stopped since its enchanter + regus), max hp is 50, and max level is 3-4 there isn't much one can do against level 4-7s backed up by good grim cards (falkow grim cards fail except for like 2 but of course I don't have those xD). No amount of deck organization, strategy or knowing what they are going to play is going to save me. (I already know what they are going to play when they start doing 4>5 grim cards....a rare high level card that's going to dominate all my 1-3s, yay!)

So what am I left with?

1) Pay money and hope I get some good cards so I can once again compete in the strategy part of the game...No thank you, don't feel like spending money on a card game.
2) Die and give up a lot and wait for the people who don't have rare/op cards which I might have a chance of beating until I gain 5 levels and get my next chard and then recycle it and hope I get something good....Really boring and takes a long time to do with no guarantee of succeeding.
3) Play the Mirage Master every day and stop playing alteil and hope I get some good cards to make a decent deck....Also boring and takes forever and I would probably just give up after a week xD.
4) Start new accounts and just have fun playing on the newbie level where I can once again enjoy the strategy part of the game....Sounds like my best option at the moment. However I get bored of games when I don't really advance anymore so I am probably not going to stick around after a few more weeks.


And another thing:

luckysvn777 wrote:Oh, and by the way, its my opinion. Get off your high-horse and realize that other people have opinions different than yours, thanks.
Tenkai
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:09 pm

Re: GMs: RP Arena? LvL Arena? FM Lotto? Points Cards: LOL...

Postby DWildstar » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:36 pm

I know that there are players who have lots of difficulty once they hit Folrart just like the are also ones who manage to adapt well. Then there are ones who have difficulty, complain, get advice, and improve almost immediately.

http://alteil.com/forum/index.php?f=15& ... =viewtopic

http://alteil.com/forum/index.php?f=15& ... =viewtopic

http://alteil.com/forum/index.php?f=15& ... =viewtopic

http://alteil.com/forum/index.php?f=15& ... =viewtopic

http://alteil.com/forum/index.php?f=15& ... =viewtopic

http://alteil.com/forum/index.php?f=15& ... =viewtopic

But to make a grand statement saying that it refers to "90% of the free players" when you cite 4 people is stretching it. We don't even know what percentage of the Alteil users post or read the forums, but I think there're a lot of players who just play and don't go into the forums at all. I don't deny there are people who quit once they hit Folrart, I just think it's a bit much to use a completely speculative percentage as if it were the truth.

I also think there are some people who just have trouble adapting even with help. There are players I've seen on the forum whom ask for advice, receive very sound advice, and then when I watch their duels later on I see they're not following the advice and continuing to make very fundamental mistakes.
User avatar
DWildstar
 
Posts: 1319
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:15 pm
Location: NYC

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron