Extra reward for Mirage Master

User suggestions to improve the game

Extra reward for Mirage Master

Postby Illyasviel » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:19 am

I had this idea after (yet again) solving on X difficulty, with Y moves remaining. (It was actually beating Advanced 4, with 3 moves left.) That would have been more than enough to win Advanced Pro. Nothing I can do about that, I know. But what about this?

If you complete a game of Mirage Master, and have moves remaining, you get a Point Card? (Obviously, only the first game of the day. And obviously only one Point Card no matter how many moves you have left. Otherwise sacrifice your Gran earnings to rake in the cards on 1-star.)

So if you normally play Inter 3, and can't quite get done two moves faster, but one is possible, you'll at least get a Point Card for your efforts.

Opinions?
Illyasviel

Re: Extra reward for Mirage Master

Postby luckysvn777 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:26 am

Having point cards implemented into MM somehow would be excellent...
luckysvn777

Postby Harterial » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:29 am

That would be nice. Though MM never needed to be anything more than a little way of earning gran, so not sure about the benefits it would give to the Alteil team in implementing this.

Of course, the minimum number of moves remaining to obtain a point card would need to be different for different levels - say, 1 on intermediate 4 since it would otherwise mean you completed intermediate pro. But for intermediate 3, you'd need 2 or 3 moves remaining...
Harterial

Postby Phenoca » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:52 pm

I am cool with either way.

@DarthRaider: Well it can depend more on luck than on skill. Take Beginner - *** for example. If you do not make any mistakes then you can still lose. A perfect win on Beginner - Pro is purely statistical, and I think has a (1/11)*(1/9)*(1/7)*(1/5)*(1/3) chance of victory. Ouch...
Last edited by Phenoca on Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
flood + Pakistan = hunger
Phenoca

Postby DarthRaider » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:21 pm

There should be a big reward for someone who won perfect game... :)
MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! >:D

My Accounts:
BurninNuckle - Gowen
RisingOcean - Falkow
HeavenWingz - Refess
DarthRaider - Lawtia
DarthRaider

Postby Harterial » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:19 pm

But remember, MM is just a small gran reward game - winning a Jr. Pro game equates to luck, not skill, which means extra reward is not merited.
Harterial

Postby Eladin » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:10 am

Harterial wrote:But remember, MM is just a small gran reward game - winning a Jr. Pro game equates to luck, not skill, which means extra reward is not merited.

i'd actually agree with this. aside from a small amount of memory required for the larger puzzles, there isn't any skill involved in the games that give you an exact number of moves needed to actually finish the puzzle.
Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do. Strategy is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do.
- Savielly Tartakover
Eladin

Postby Illyasviel » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:23 am

Eladin wrote:
Harterial wrote:But remember, MM is just a small gran reward game - winning a Jr. Pro game equates to luck, not skill, which means extra reward is not merited.

i'd actually agree with this. aside from a small amount of memory required for the larger puzzles, there isn't any skill involved in the games that give you an exact number of moves needed to actually finish the puzzle.

I guess. But then, doesn't that mean you are saying only skilled people should get Point Cards? I saw threads saying Point Cards need to be fixed, whether it be easier to get them, or that the cards cost a whole lot less, on average. So I thought of this, after yet again having spare moves and realizing what a waste it was. Never mind, giving out a single Point Card a day, generally in lieu of the full Gran you would get from Mirage Master, doesn't seem to be that earth-shattering of broken-ness, does it? (And yes, I do mean that. Just one Point Card, not a number based on how many moves you had remaining. Just one. You'd still have to do that for almost two weeks just to get a single 1-star card. And in the meantime, you are earning a little less Gran to make up for that.)
Illyasviel

Postby Eladin » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:23 am

actually, i wasn't saying that. i was just saying that if they were to start actually giving bigger awards FOR skill...MM is not the way to go considering how little is actually involved.

1 PtCard a day, essentially then. for any MM win? so, after one month, you can get any 3 star you want. 2 months equal a 5. sounds good...but, i don't know. it almost seems like that would still make it too easy. (i know, i'm crazy aren't i?)
Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do. Strategy is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do.
- Savielly Tartakover
Eladin

Postby Callonia » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:13 pm

No way, I loathe playing Mirage Master, I really really hate that kind of game...
Callonia

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau