Counter Contest

User suggestions to improve the game

Counter Contest

Postby Grain » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:21 am

A contest in which the objective is to build an original file that can counter popular files. Guardian, Shrine Knights, Gowen Rush, even PrimClone for the ambitious. There could be specific limitations, such as, countering a dragon file without using succubus or assassin.
Grain

Re: Counter Contest

Postby Gota » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:01 pm

Lol, when i saw the title of this thread, i thought it was going to be make the longest counter chain possible in 1 phase. Sorta like the coat+spore video xD
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby luckysvn777 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:04 pm

Three Spores + Three Guardians/Coatl + Three Star Dragons on each side of the field.

We NEED to do this.
luckysvn777

Postby Phenoca » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:24 pm

The best counter to a meta is... A better meta!

Or lots of dragon SS which deal 50 DMG to all <insert sphere here>.

luckysvn777 wrote:Three Spores + Three Guardians/Coatl + Three Star Dragons on each side of the field.

We NEED to do this.

Huzzah! Except... I only two cards from the above, and one of them was purchased from the point store.
flood + Pakistan = hunger
Phenoca

Postby Skewer » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:08 am

A mid-lawtia close skill file would work the best I believe.
Merciless death/igina against guardians
halberd + devil knight against gowen rush and sk
devil knight + veteran + merciless death against primclone
proxy of light maybe to access healing priest
some verlaat ss to reuse units
maybe lelein rutina combo endgame
sounds like fun.
Skewer

Postby Phenoca » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:50 am

I was with you up until the Lelein + Rutina.
I don't have either : )
flood + Pakistan = hunger
Phenoca

Postby Peralisc2 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:01 am

Hm, dalos + miracle fruit and moon assa + succubus seem better counters to guardian. Or rahter have the command models in there. :P

But since you want to use so many dutchy units, why not add paladin and a magic weapon in there? (and then i guess you can also keep igina) ^^
Or instead of magic weapon, add magic doll support (i really like this unit) and maybe also white liliy. There strong dutchy-doll deck. :P
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Harterial » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:33 am

I had a modified falkow starter back in set 4/3 that countered EN, Guardian, and Gowen (and other lvl2) rushes without fail, but new metas like SK and Primclone seem to require an entirely separate counter file for each. It would be very difficult to craft a file to counter BOTH SK and Primclone; separate files not so much.

Actually, we already have a very effective SK counter: Primclone. xD I mean, even sylphing EX: Primrose can wipe the field with SK, in addition to the open skill.

Mid-level Lawtia/Crest/Dolls sounds like a lot of fun. But too many high rarities. T-T
Harterial

Postby Skewer » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:22 pm

Peralisc2 wrote:Hm, dalos + miracle fruit and moon assa + succubus seem better counters to guardian. Or rahter have the command models in there. :P

But since you want to use so many dutchy units, why not add paladin and a magic weapon in there? (and then i guess you can also keep igina) ^^
Or instead of magic weapon, add magic doll support (i really like this unit) and maybe also white liliy. There strong dutchy-doll deck. :P

Oh, I figured that people would automatically know that crest pally was in there. Lelein also works as a counter to guardian/any other file that relies on key units.
Skewer

Postby Peralisc2 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:43 pm

Well i usually like to avoid adding paladin. :/
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau