Replay Viewer possible?

User suggestions to improve the game

Replay Viewer possible?

Postby Tendo » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:48 pm

Is it possible to save each played game in a file and open it in replay viewer (which has to be made first of course): I know alot of games incorporate something like this and it should be possible with with alteil too. This way we dont need to record any of the games with the annoying wait times inbetween the matches.
Last edited by Tendo on Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tendo

Re: Replay Viewer possible?

Postby luckysvn777 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:21 pm

Don't they have something like this in Alteil 2?

Though apparently you have to buy it... which is retarded in so many ways.
luckysvn777

Postby Tendo » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:30 pm

Well if they have something like this in alteil 2, that should make things even easier. But if you have to buy it, yeah than it's seriously retarded. Hope a gm can response to this thread.
Tendo

Postby Phenoca » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:50 am

Make like the Google Wave replayer!
flood + Pakistan = hunger
Phenoca

Postby Logress » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:56 pm

The Japanese have made this, along with a few other nice improvements (for example, more than ten card slots) that don't actually affect gameplay. They make them all available as part of a "premium subscription." I'm not sure that kind of thing would work here, though. Once we've dealt with some of our short term issues, we'll probably begin discussing with them if we can get the improvements and what we should do with them. I'd like to hear what you guys think about it.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby luckysvn777 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:42 am

I'd say go for the improvements... EXCEPT do NOT make them something to buy. Because I know I won't, and well, judging from the rest of the forums, people are currently a bit money-angry as is, sooo... I don't think that will go over well.
luckysvn777

Postby DWildstar » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:00 am

I'm guessing the reason the replays are part of the premium pay package is that it's data that has to be stored on the server so some of the money is going towards storage costs.
DWildstar

Postby NoFish » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:36 am

What if you made the premium stuff free with a purchase of so many gran? Perhaps a certain amount of gran over a certain time period? I, for one, would certainly be happy to have this, but wouldn't spend money on it that I could spend on cards instead.
NoFish

Postby Peralisc2 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:06 am

DWildstar wrote:I'm guessing the reason the replays are part of the premium pay package is that it's data that has to be stored on the server so some of the money is going towards storage costs.

There are sites full of replays for certain other games (which are also very popular).

Replays, same as videos host on the inet, help out with popularity increase of the game or at least makes the game seem more interesting. Why would you ask money for that and slow down the process?
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Phenoca » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:52 pm

I don't like spectating anything but skiing.

But we are direly in-need of more file-slots.
flood + Pakistan = hunger
Phenoca

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau