little content tweaks..

User suggestions to improve the game

little content tweaks..

Postby Eladin » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:57 am

that i think would be nifty, though, with as many other suggestions to actually improve gameplay out there, and in general, how busy GMs are, i'd understand if these are put very low on the "things to work on" list...if anywhere lol.

basically though, my suggestions are based around the file tab and editing them. as long as i've been into tc/ccgs i've always loved making all sorts of different decks with different themes and general strategies involved in them...so that's actually where i take a lot of pleasure out of the game. honestly...even though we already have 10 slots (which is pretty huge) to make files. i wouldn't mind more. (yes, i like playing around with files that much...which can take a lot of time actually for me due to this other thing)

some kind of improved search option while in the file section of the game. i mean, i suppose something that (could) help would be to keep open the card section of the site in another window and use that, though, sometimes that doesn't work so well. but basically a more advanced search engine would be great. the ability to find cards with certain parameters like soul skills and whatnot. the subtype search is great for building solar kingdom/shrine knight (why is it Shathia doesn't count as a shrine knight though?) or other sorts of decks based on subtypes, it's harder to find cards with abilities that might benefit a particular idea.

other than that...can't think of anything that hasn't been suggested before, at the moment.
Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do. Strategy is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do.
- Savielly Tartakover
Eladin

Re: little content tweaks..

Postby Phenoca » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:29 pm

Content tweak? New characters for the Mirage Master victories :)

Eladin wrote:the ability to find cards with certain parameters like soul skills and whatnot. the subtype search is great for building solar kingdom/shrine knight

Memorization :D

Eladin wrote:10 slots (which is pretty huge) to make files.

Lies!

10 is like - umm - not a number.
flood + Pakistan = hunger
Phenoca

Postby Eladin » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:20 pm

Phenoca wrote:Content tweak? New characters for the Mirage Master victories :)

actually, that'd be cool too. i screenshot those things in case i want to include some of the info in fanfic stuff. :)

dude...there are too many card abilities to memorize every single one for every single card. at least for me. i don't know how some of you people can just call stuff off the top of ya'lls heads like you do.

Phenoca wrote:Lies!

10 is like - umm - not a number.

did you forget your meds? :P
Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do. Strategy is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do.
- Savielly Tartakover
Eladin

Postby Harion » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:17 am

Eladin wrote:some kind of improved search option while in the file section of the game...but basically a more advanced search engine would be great. the ability to find cards with certain parameters like soul skills and whatnot. the subtype search is great for building solar kingdom/shrine knight (why is it Shathia doesn't count as a shrine knight though?) or other sorts of decks based on subtypes, it's harder to find cards with abilities that might benefit a particular idea.

we already have this option when we go to file section of the game
on the left of the search button, there's an arrow pointing left
click on that and it'll show search parameters
select the parameters you like but don't close down the parameters box, keep it open and click the search button again
that'll display all the cards in your account for that search parameter you're looking for
if you're wanting a complete list, the card list in the main page works
i use that when i make theoretical decks
My goal is not to win, but to have fun.
But since winning is fun, I can't help but to make winning my goal.
--
Bear killing axe-man was meant to be what it's name suggests - a killer unit. Sadly, there were no bears to kill in Alteil.
Harion

Postby Visfarix » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:52 pm

Harion wrote:
Eladin wrote:some kind of improved search option while in the file section of the game...but basically a more advanced search engine would be great. the ability to find cards with certain parameters like soul skills and whatnot. the subtype search is great for building solar kingdom/shrine knight (why is it Shathia doesn't count as a shrine knight though?) or other sorts of decks based on subtypes, it's harder to find cards with abilities that might benefit a particular idea.

we already have this option when we go to file section of the game
on the left of the search button, there's an arrow pointing left
click on that and it'll show search parameters
select the parameters you like but don't close down the parameters box, keep it open and click the search button again
that'll display all the cards in your account for that search parameter you're looking for
if you're wanting a complete list, the card list in the main page works
i use that when i make theoretical decks

I think Eladin wants the ability to search for exact parameters. For example, to search for cards that have soul skills that do row damage, or cards with the action skill "slash", etc.
Eladin wrote:(why is it Shathia doesn't count as a shrine knight though?)

I've been wondering that too. Why can't cards have multiple sub types? Why can't Lapierre, Shathia, and Ridrea all be "Shrine Knight Captain" instead of just "Captain"?
Visfarix

Postby Eladin » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:09 pm

Visfarix wrote:I think Eladin wants the ability to search for exact parameters. For example, to search for cards that have soul skills that do row damage, or cards with the action skill "slash", etc.
Eladin wrote:(why is it Shathia doesn't count as a shrine knight though?)

I've been wondering that too. Why can't cards have multiple sub types? Why can't Lapierre, Shathia, and Ridrea all be "Shrine Knight Captain" instead of just "Captain"?

thanks Vis. yeah, i know you can use the advanced search in that spot to help make up a deck themed for subtypes, (which i know is probably more often what people look for anyways) but, i want to look for specific skills, and you know, the main site search engine, isn't always particularly accurate either. unless it just doesn't like me, because even putting in the exact card name, usually nets me a big ol zilch.
- Savielly Tartakover
Eladin

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau