Draft

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Draft

Postby ANIMEniac » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:01 pm

Draft would be interesting to have.

I am a bit iffy about the instant 3 copies thing. Part of draft is trying to get the copies you need. Of course multi sets will be hard. Single small sets may be more doable. Sure the whole need multi copies in Ateil is important, but it also makes people think about using more LP than normal to compensate.
ANIMEniac

Postby Visfarix » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:00 pm

ANIMEniac wrote:I am a bit iffy about the instant 3 copies thing. Part of draft is trying to get the copies you need. Of course multi sets will be hard. Single small sets may be more doable. Sure the whole need multi copies in Ateil is important, but it also makes people think about using more LP than normal to compensate.

Hm then maybe 1 free usable copy per unique card you draft? So for example if you draft a Blessed Acolyte, then for the draft tournament you will be able to use 2 copies of Blessed Acolytes in your file, and if you draft 2 Salamanders, you will be able to use 3 copies of Salamander in you file.

This solution opens up another possibility as well. One of the interesting MTG draft rules is that their are no limits on the amount of copies you play. So if you can somehow draft 5 copies of Llanowar Elves, you can use all 5 copies in your draft deck, whereas in normal construction the card limit is 4 to a deck. So in Alteil, if you draft 3 Blitz Soldiers, you can use 4 copies of it in your draft file, instead of the usual 3. This won't usually happen often as I assume just getting a 2nd copy of a card is hard enough, but I imagine it will make things more interesting and fun if it does happen.
Visfarix

Postby harvest4god » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:29 am

I am a bit iffy about the instant 3 copies thing. Part of draft is trying to get the copies you need. Of course multi sets will be hard. Single small sets may be more doable. Sure the whole need multi copies in Ateil is important, but it also makes people think about using more LP than normal to compensate.

The idea is that you have no control over your 5 cards. They might even be grims. Since you have no control over it, you might end up with 5 level one cards, with a requirement that you must use at least 2 of each. (imagine having to build a deck around falkow level one cards) I think the difficulty will still be there. Just like the booster tourneys, luck is highly involved. As well as strategy. I am going to try it out soon, so keep an eye out for it. If it works well then I will do it some more or see if I can get some GM support for a gran buy in, with random one sphere packs included :D might be fun
harvest4god

Previous

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau