Won't somebody please think of the children?

User suggestions to improve the game

Won't somebody please think of the children?

Postby RivalIczer » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:45 am

... er, I mean, the new players.

Pretty simple suggestion : I think it'd greatly help the retention rate of the game if we separated "new players" and "gankers".
How? By restricting access to the Regus and Crest Arenas to free players.
You buy gran, you can go play with the big boys in Folrart instead of preying on hapless newbies learning the ropes.

I've seen it all, some have absolutely no shame playing EN/Lycan Rush (not sure what the difference is, tbh) in Regus against people on their first game. Those guys probably never play a second game.
If it keeps up at this rate, Crest will become a second Folrart and eventually, Regus as well... which means no new players anymore.
RivalIczer

Re: Won't somebody please think of the children?

Postby Yamagoku8059 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:47 am

yay for arena with 5 ppl then do you really think anybody will get a game in the "Buyer" arena and even if there will be like no variation
"Today I make Europe mine"
Yamagoku8059

Postby RivalIczer » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:56 am

I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch what you meant.

Did you misread and think I was suggesting the creation of a new arena just for buyers? Because that's not what I said.
Also, I'd like to see you data on there being only 5 buyers... somehow, I find that hard to believe.
RivalIczer

Postby Peralisc2 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:56 am

If it keeps up at this rate, Crest will become a second Folrart and eventually, Regus as well... which means no new players anymore.

Impossible, those guys eventually level up.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Harion » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:15 am

hmmm nice suggestion
why not just keep a newb friendly restricted area where those who bought cards can't eter
and another one where those low level players who bought cards can enter
My goal is not to win, but to have fun.
But since winning is fun, I can't help but to make winning my goal.
--
Bear killing axe-man was meant to be what it's name suggests - a killer unit. Sadly, there were no bears to kill in Alteil.
Harion

Postby mghost » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:22 am

This is something that I can't see happening. First how would you split the buyers from the free players. Would low spenders (people who spend a few bucks) be in the same league as the high spenders (people who spend a couple hundred once a new set comes out). There is such a huge gap between those two types of players at times, its like the low spender didn't even spend money at all.

And as said before, people WILL level up if they win (actually you could pull it off without winning), even if they don't want to, if they continue to win they'll eventually get to folrart level range.
mghost

Postby Romdeau » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:00 pm

Terrible suggestion. I would hate to see this implemented in any form. As if easy mode in the lower arenas wasn't easy enough, just imagine the massive amounts of shock the free players would feel the first few games in Folrart.
Romdeau

Postby Visfarix » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:07 pm

I think a better solution to this was already suggested and will be implemented in the future, called "RP Arena", where people with rp higher then the current set rp can't enter and all those poor newbies and non-newbies who are getting their **** handed to them in folrart can go for a break. It should probably be called "Mercenary Nation Arena" since the Merc Nation is all about defending the weak and helping the downtrodden.
Visfarix

Postby DarthRaider » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:38 pm

Visfarix wrote:It should probably be called "Mercenary Nation Arena" since the Merc Nation is all about defending the weak and helping the downtrodden.

a.k.a. Heierrat Arena
All the names of the arenas are based on the names of the nations.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! >:D

My Accounts:
BurninNuckle - Gowen
RisingOcean - Falkow
HeavenWingz - Refess
DarthRaider - Lawtia
DarthRaider

Postby Eladin » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:47 pm

that, makes no sense to me. i don't think very many "newbies" are likely to spend a bucket load of money giving them such a huge advantage against other "newbs" , and as has been stated already, they will level up, unless they apparently really suck even with such a huge "advantage".

the children have been thought of...
(will resist urge to make jokes about being seen, not heard.)
kidding. i can understand the feeling after getting rocked in a duel, but the suggestion just doesn't make sense.
Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do. Strategy is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do.
- Savielly Tartakover
Eladin

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau