Limited/Ban List

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Limited/Ban List

Postby exemplar » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:40 pm

odanobunaga wrote:however, the alteil promoters still give out events that make guardian EASIER to acquire.

If you're talking about beginner's packs, I believe they also include Gowen's answer to Folrart Guardian - Mercenary. Mercenary is another one of those units just about every gowen player brings just like how Guardian is a unit just about every Refess player brings (unless they are playing SK / EM).

odanobunaga wrote:Now Gowen files really dont have anything that can kill guardian in one hit

Picture this:
Exploding Spores
Mercenary
Skip, use "The higher the fee"
Kurina, use "The higher the fee"

By turn 5, you will have a mercenary with 50 HP 70 AT 10 DF 3 AGI 2 RNG sitting behind Kurina or Spores. One more "The higher the fee" and you can one shot guardians regardless of what they do to buff it.

I realize Mercenary does not come with the starter pack, but neither does Guardian.

luckysvn777 wrote: Heck, if anything these days, with so many counters, Guardian fails to do its job of balancing out rush.. which I'm truly sad about..

It actually does a pretty good job of stopping rush, short of Shrine Knights or Eternal Morning (The top tier rush file for 3 sets in a row now?). In that respect, I think SK and EM are just too imbalanced thanks to their ability to grow their attack to ridiculous amounts with no SP investment whatsoever.
Character conversations on hiatus until I get my photobucket sorted out.

Blog on hiatus until I find a new hosting site.
exemplar

Postby Pancakes » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:52 pm

monk of the single strike
mercenary
blitz soldier
cat dancer girl
salamander
monk dude
50 hp penetrate dude

that's everything you need to beat a guardian, NOW if you want to beat guardian + pegasus knights that's another story. You must become carbon copy and play with fierte to win. Or at least that's what every gowen seems to think.
I can only use Bringer, BKR Jack, and returns cuz I'm a free player. It's my best shot at winning!
Pancakes

Postby odanobunaga » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:13 pm

not getting the point of this thread. The point is to make aban list to lessen allof the cards that are cheap,not just guardian... Im just putting her as an example.

Dalos is not cheap, it costs 3 sp to use his skill, and its practically useless against lvl 2 monsters. Plus, he's lvl5. Guardian however has a counter skill that doesnt cost her anything. Some can argue that she is"not" broken and any good players could counter her, however, we can all agree that she affects the game in a drastic way. If all players are REQUIRED to have a counter for this to be good, then it is unbalancing the game.
odanobunaga

Postby chrisheller » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:10 pm

Ironically I used her because I ran into her one day... liked her effect... got lucky enough to get 3 of them by level 7... I didn't know Guardian was so mean until people started telling me... so yes I just like her and I will continue to use her until I make my magic doll deck... blah.
chrisheller

Postby luckysvn777 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:12 pm

When pretty much any decent file these days can have enough firepower to beat most Guardians without even specifically countering it, its not a big deal. For example, I've even managed to beat a Guardian with a Lebeau SS (so, like 40 DEF) using just a very basic Merc Nation file. Its really not that hard these days to just overpower Guardian, even when buffed.

The only way she affects the game is by hurting some rushes, which tend to be the most common filetype anyway. In other words, she brought balance. Note the past tense. Now she isn't good enough.

And as a lot of people have said, why have a ban list when you have errata?
luckysvn777

Postby yamas11 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:26 pm

If a card/strategy seems broken, try using it yourself and see how your opponents work around it. Or since it's hard to get specific cards in order to try this, spend some time spectating duels and watch a player who uses guardian, then watch what the opponent does.

Though, I still feel that guardian should have been a 2 star rarity card.
yamas11

Postby Peralisc2 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:50 pm

Oda you seem to keep forgetting the fact that they can errata cards. So there is really no need for this.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Harion » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:19 pm

gowen has sooooo many cheap cards
so yes i agree
refess really need help somewhere

lol, someone whining about guardian...
noobish
she only ruled the set she was released in
set 4 made her weak
and set 5 practically phased her out
My goal is not to win, but to have fun.
But since winning is fun, I can't help but to make winning my goal.
--
Bear killing axe-man was meant to be what it's name suggests - a killer unit. Sadly, there were no bears to kill in Alteil.
Harion

Postby luckysvn777 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:34 am

Harion wrote:gowen has sooooo many cheap cards
so yes i agree
refess really need help somewhere

lol, someone whining about guardian...
noobish
she only ruled the set she was released in
set 4 made her weak
and set 5 practically phased her out

Just a slight correction: she only ruled until the EX of the set she was released in.

EX 3 was already gg for her. Igina + Primclone + Buncle... yea...
luckysvn777

Postby Doki » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:55 am

I got my third copy of Elder Druid Im planning to put him on my Asassin Deck. He can break guardian for 2 sp yes?
I so want this led hdtv.
Doki

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau