Idea for Exp for Losers

User suggestions to improve the game

Idea for Exp for Losers

Postby harvest4god » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:12 am

I have heard a lot of grips about losing nets you only 1 exp and the GM's are worried that if they raise it people will abuse it by quiting.

Suggestion: Loser Exp is based on the number of turns a match is..Maxes out at 10. Since the majority of matches last 10 or more turns, this will keep players playing as long as possible even if they are losing. Just make it 1 exp per turn for both players. This will make it 1 exp if they give up right away or 10 exp if they try to last. Plus, winners would get an additional 10 exp which is nice at the higher levels when everyone is lower level than you and you're only netting 10 exp a match.
harvest4god

Re: Idea for Exp for Losers

Postby Pancakes » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:38 pm

no I would not appreciate people who summon 3 feline fighters in order to stall for 10 turns and quit while they are eating raman noodles and watching naruto; doing anything but actually trying to win. It would happen. It would.

So the best solution as everyone has said before is point cards. Who cares abotu levels. You just want cards amirite?
I can only use Bringer, BKR Jack, and returns cuz I'm a free player. It's my best shot at winning!
Pancakes

Postby luckysvn777 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:52 pm

Hmmm, do people find levels so important really? EXP is usually the last thing on my mind... usually I care a lot more about having fun, winning, and RP.. in that order.
luckysvn777

Postby Multi » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:28 pm

luckysvn777 wrote:Hmmm, do people find levels so important really? EXP is usually the last thing on my mind... usually I care a lot more about having fun, winning, and RP.. in that order.

Levels are literally worthless 90% of the time once you pass level 30 so uh... yeah, who cares at all if it would be abused? I don't think anybody's gonna sit there and try to stall for 10 turns which would take a good 15min each, for 10xp, for what is it, 200xp per level past level 30? or 500? even until level 15, it'd still take 5 levels of 100xp? so 50 games, probably about 60 hours minimum of 'exploiting'? for one card? This is more likely to happen in the regus and crest arenas anyways, and players who would exploit xp like this are probably the type that would quit as soon as they get to folrart anyways, and would probably be forever nonspenders. This might be detrimental to the playing in those arenas, but I imagine most newbies would just enjoy getting a free win and getting that much closer to their level up than care that someone just stalled and forfeited. They'd lose out in real life experience, but it wouldn't be much difference from their usual folrart "baptism" anyways.
Image Sometimes, it's like this.
Multi

Postby luckysvn777 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:35 pm

Ummm yea... way off topic, we have enough of those topic Multi.. Believe me, we all hate it too, but try to keep your point cards rants in the point card topics..

But yea, levels are pointless most of the time.. just for the occasional free card
luckysvn777

Postby Multi » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:25 pm

I think it all ends up being related together in a way though, as a reason to gain xp or FM, which is to get more cards. They both kinda go hand in hand as you get xp and FM for wins, and both are practically useless, xp because 90% of the levels are just place holders and FM because you can get 5x the point cards just by free giveaways in half the time and in 1/10th the number of battles. So basically these permanent systems are garbage and random bandaid events are what you have to look forward to.

Course, there's always the outlook that you should just play alteil to play alteil, not to achieve some kind of goal by playing a certain amount of games or gaining a certain amount of wins. Kinda like RP, people strive hard for high RP sometimes, but in itself, it is a completely useless feature, for practicality's sake, though it does give you an idea of how strong a person and the file they're running might be.

An amusing thing is, there really should be no complaints for loser xp because there really isn't much to be gained from winner xp. Of course if we're talking about just newbies, then yeah it has meaning, but to be honest, besides a couple of those level ups, the majority of those free level up cards you get won't be used for a long time probably. Also, this is also off topic, but apparently on the jp server, their regus lvl1-3 arena has 100% treasure battles, I'd say that'd be a cool idea here but that'd REALLY be abusable with race to see who can give up first if you don't like the card. I assume only veterans would know if a card is good or bad in the first 20 seconds though, since you'd have to have card db memorized to know.
Image Sometimes, it's like this.
Multi

Postby 091888 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:59 am

for me it is 1 or 0 , it will make ppl want to win or force them to talk to other to develop better skills of playing ,i see in training arena ,no one in there , i think it is better to have 1 or 0 to attract them to the training arena , i do not like the training arena , it is almost like the ghost town every time i log in except a few high lv testing their decks

Postby Peralisc2 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:02 am

They could just rework the level system a bit in case they wont add a level up card every level, so instead of 10 level of 500 xp each, they could just display 1 level of 5000 xp, but then it would be harder to differentiate between two of same level.

With time they maybe will add more and more level up cards.

Even if they add a serious amount of XP for losers it still takes lots and lots of games to get that level up card.
Why not just give +1 xp for each round?
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Scuttlemutt » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:27 pm

What if every time you leveled up, you also got point cards equal to the EXP required for that level /100?

Or I'd like it if you got cards for every level up, but only the multiples of 10 would be high rarity. Every other level would be stuck to rarity 1-2.
Scuttlemutt

Postby Phenoca » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:53 pm

Pancakes wrote:It would happen. It would.

?

?

luckysvn777 wrote:Hmmm, do people find levels so important really? EXP is usually the last thing on my mind... usually I care a lot more about having fun, winning, and RP.. in that order.

Not when your highest consecutive wins in the last 45 games equals two, and 70%+ of your Exp-gain is from disconnects.

Multi wrote:Of course if we're talking about just newbies, then yeah it has meaning, but to be honest, besides a couple of those level ups, the majority of those free level up cards you get won't be used for a long time probably. Also, this is also off topic, but apparently on the jp server, their regus lvl1-3 arena has 100% treasure battles, I'd say that'd be a cool idea here but that'd REALLY be abusable with race to see who can give up first if you don't like the card.

I still prefer the idea of having treasure battles provide two cards, of which the loser obtains the one which is not selected by the winner.

Scuttlemutt wrote:What if every time you leveled up, you also got point cards equal to the EXP required for that level /100?

I think that something like this is planned..? Or at least your latter idea on cards every 10 levels.

Peralisc2 wrote:Why not just give +1 xp for each round?

This makes sense.

And while we are speaking of losses ----- please take away the gran-depletion from losing a game with 0LP!
It is terrible, and from playing 100 games, I got about 10% the gran as I would from being inactive for 3 months (300/10 = 30).
flood + Pakistan = hunger
Phenoca

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau