Guild Event

User suggestions to improve the game

Guild Event

Postby Phenoca » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:33 pm

Hey, Battle of the Guilds was great. Here's an my interpretation:

30 gran to each member of the ten top-ranked Level 1 guild.
30 gran to each member of the five top-ranked Level 2 guild.
50 gran to each member of the five top-ranked Level 3 guild.

PLUS
200 gran (Or more : ) to each member of the guild with the most wins during Christmas week.
100 gran to each member of the 2nd place guild.
50 gran to each member of the 3rd place guild.

PLUS
1 point card to each member of each guild which has each member play at least two games. (hard to implement)
1 point card to each member of the ten guilds that win the most from Mirage Master. (harder to implement)
1 point card to each member of each guild where the number of games played is greater than number of members x5.
1 point card to each member of each guild where the number of games played is greater than number of members x10.
1 custom Partner to the leader of each guild whose members win all of the above point cards.

No penalty for losses, in order to avoid inter-guild backstabbing.
flood + Pakistan = hunger
Phenoca

Re: Guild Event

Postby Artist » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:35 pm

Yeah we haven't had a guild war since I joined Alteil, I wanna see what it's all about.
Artist

Postby Romdeau » Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:00 am

Unless you PM me a Guild Event idea that is more than "Battle of the Guilds", this thread will remain locked.
Romdeau

Postby Romdeau » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:33 pm

This thread has been re-opened for discussion.
Romdeau

Postby Multi » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:45 pm

Romdeau wrote:Unless you PM me a Guild Event idea that is more than "Battle of the Guilds", this thread will remain locked.

no offense romdeau, but don't you think you're a little trigger happy on the threadlocking sometimes? Just a thought. A thread like this should be open for yays and nays, which would inevitably lead to discussing other ideas for guild events as well. Just my opinion.
Image Sometimes, it's like this.
Multi

Postby Peralisc2 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:48 am

Multi wrote:no offense romdeau, but don't you think you're a little trigger happy on the threadlocking sometimes? Just a thought. A thread like this should be open for yays and nays, which would inevitably lead to discussing other ideas for guild events as well. Just my opinion.

Dosn't seem wrong to lock it. Results of the guild war would be hardly different from the weekly rankings (if it's just going along with the usual rules). If you want to reward that just give the prizes out and forget about the guildwar. :]
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Multi » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:46 am

it's not any worse than random contests that have pretty much absolutely nothing to do with alteil but give out 5-20 point cards and other prizes. Any kind of suggestion that could come from this can't be any less useless or excessively rewarding than "participation" contests imo. Not that I hate getting easy point cards lately.

Having the thread open could at least get yays and nays for the original poster. I say yay, because there's no real point to guilds for the most part, even though we include them in weekly rankings. I haven't seen any guild events since i first joined many many months ago.

Seems like lately,RF kinda split up into several other little guilds for fun? If guild size is a big issue, you could have tiers where only level 1 guilds compete with other level 1 guilds, and so forth.
Image Sometimes, it's like this.
Multi

Postby Peralisc2 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:45 am

Seems like lately,RF kinda split up into several other little guilds for fun?

Once you reach the top of the iceberg it dosn't matter anymore what you do from there on. At that point it's better to try to be good somewhere else, a new guild, maybe also a different game ...

If guild size is a big issue, you could have tiers where only level 1 guilds compete with other level 1 guilds, and so forth.

Nah, don't care. But they could make something similar to the team tournament, if anything guild related.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Romdeau » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:40 pm

In case anyone else misunderstands, I originally locked this thread when it had 3 words and little to contribute for discussion. As evidence, I noticed there were 30+ views and 1 response when I requested more content from Phenoca in order to re-open this thread. He provided this to me via PM 3 days later on the 29th, so I edited his original post to update it with the new content and unlocked it. Or does this somehow seem unfair?
Romdeau

Postby NoFish » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:10 pm

Not at all, Rom, my guess is that people didn't realize that the original OP was so lacking - though they still should have had the sense to bring it up somewhere more appropriate than in the thread itself...

Anyway, back on the topic, I'd like to see a contest with a simple +1 for a win, -1 for a loss per guild. The system of+2 per win -1 per loss simply gives the win to whoever has the most members, provided they can keep their win rate above 33%. A +1/-1 also increases the stakes when two guilds play against each other. +1/-2 would be even more fun, but I could see it discouraging people to get in the negative so easily. It could be something like +12 point cards to each member of the top guild who played during that week, +6 to the 2nd place, +3 to the 3rd place, and +1 to any guild that finishes with a positive score.
NoFish

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau