Daily Gran Idea

User suggestions to improve the game

Daily Gran Idea

Postby Artist » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:42 am

I thought of this when I was posting in another thread.

Basically, I'm not trying to say that we should just get butt loads of gran handed to us. What I'm proposing is that how about we get daily gran instead of the current gran method? (mirage master).

The thing is that you have to consider this from the individual point of view. One individual logs on Alteil, he(using male to make things easy) realizes that he needs better cards. What does he do? He plays mirage master, sitting there with a little matching game for a few cents of gran. Afterwards, he realizes the card he got doesn't help him at all and recycles it, logs out and waits until next day comes so he has another go at it.

This happened to all of us at one point I'm sure. I started playing Alteil since months ago but no one ever really sees me playing a lot because I spent most of those months just doing mirage master to get gran. Alright so what does that mean? It means we ALL do mirage master for gran for cards. We can log on one day, get a really smooth mm and win, get gran and log off, OR we can log on one day, get a really bad mm and spend a long time (my worst cases were like 30-40 minutes on mirage master alone) and then get gran and log off.

Why not just cut out the middle man and make it so it's that you log on, get gran, and log off, instead of playing mirage master that everyone plays anyways already? Perhaps we can even make it like, if you played one time in folrart this week, you get 1 gran per day for logging on. Twice = 2 gran per day so on. Make a limit on it like you can get a max of 20 or 30 gran per day if you've played over 30 games in folrart this week. This will increase alteil population too motivating people to play more of the ACTUAL game instead of sitting there with a flip card game for 5 min per day and log off.
Artist

Re: Daily Gran Idea

Postby Romdeau » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:15 am

I agree, but I think there are psychological/marketing reasons for the mirage master thing. The harder you concentrate on it, the more you ingrain Alteil into your brain and think about the cards. I'm not saying I'm a fan, I just think that's why they like making us play it.
Romdeau

Postby 091888 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:41 am

you are right for me the max per day is 10 gran i suggest that every day have a button called gms free gran which is 10 or 20 for me 10 is ok not too much like 50grans per day and any match will get you 1 gran whethever you lose or win max is 30 grans per day for a account to get , for ppl who is busy , just click and win , it will save a lot of ppl time

Postby yamas11 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:28 am

Mirage Master is meant to be annoying and tiring to try to get players to pay. They're hoping that a player can only handle so much of MM, then they'll stop playing it each day and simply start paying.
yamas11

Postby Zanador » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:26 am

yamas11 wrote:Mirage Master is meant to be annoying and tiring to try to get players to pay. They're hoping that a player can only handle so much of MM, then they'll stop playing it each day and simply start paying.

Thats illogical, as there is no real reason for even a paying player to stop playing MM too.

The question is: was there any meaning of implementing MM into the game aside of being the main gran source for players? Because if there wasnt anything else, then maybe a permanent 5/7 event for 100 weekly gran (7*15=105 from MM now) could take its place as gran farm. The drawback would be, of course that you have to play in order to get your gran, and there are times, when you are ok with MM if you have to, but dont want to go anywhere near the arenas. Anyway, i think this may be a valid alternative, as it lifts some trouble off the shoulder of active player, and might encourage semi-active people to play a bit more. (and there are a few other reasons too, pro and contra)
Something must be wrong with me. I'm giving advices to someone i should kill.
Zanador

Postby Artist » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:10 pm

Yeah I see what you guys mean, but here's my question. Why not substitute mirage master to benefit the game? For example, get 10 gran per day for playing in folrart once. That way it's still somewhat annoying (for people who aren't to good), but it also adds onto the gamer population and traffic in the actual Alteil game. This would serve to be the way to get daily gran instead of making it so separate and excluded from the game. Basically take advantage of the daily gran idea to improve game population/traffic.
Artist

Postby Harterial » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:01 am

I think MM hold some other value to the game planners, perhaps due to the "ingraining" previously mentioned. Otherwise, you're right, it would be the sensible choice to instead use daily gran to increase server activity.
Harterial

Postby animefreak99 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:14 am

I'd prefer to play agaist the npcs for gran/FM then mirage master. mirage master is too much based on luck then actual memory. if they showed u where everything was for like a second or two then it'd based on luck but ifs its nothing show then its all luck -.- besides that only reason i would play mirage master is because its the only other way to get gran other then that i'd never bother with the dam thing...
animefreak99

Postby Shattered » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:00 pm

animefreak99 wrote:I'd prefer to play agaist the npcs for gran/FM then mirage master. mirage master is too much based on luck then actual memory. if they showed u where everything was for like a second or two then it'd based on luck but ifs its nothing show then its all luck -.- besides that only reason i would play mirage master is because its the only other way to get gran other then that i'd never bother with the dam thing...

If you fight the npcs it would be no better than MM.

I believe Artist is trying to change it from people logging on daily to play a single player mini game to forcing them to play other players, hopefully boosting player levels in the arenas.

I am in full support of this idea, with the exception they let it be an either/or thing (you can get the gran through 1 fight or through MM) to satisfy the players who grind for 30 mins a day to get 15 or 20 gran.
Shattered

Postby animefreak99 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:41 pm

i guess i'd be fine with that, anything is better then mirage master..
animefreak99

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau