Galandros' Level-Up Idea

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Galandros' Level-Up Idea

Postby TLHM » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:19 am

I like this idea.

Leveling up seems neigh pointless with only getting something every 10 levels, and already at 400exp a level, soon to be 500. I'd love more level up cards, even if they're 1 and 2 star cards.
TLHM

Postby bob000 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:54 am

Getting level up cards without having to commit (as much) genocide would be nice
bob000

Postby alvisto » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:31 am

Please implement this... xD
alvisto

Postby Peralisc2 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:33 am

Otonashi wrote:<_< ... I'm sure I'd be insulted if I knew what exactly you were trying to say.

QFT means quoted for truth (for being true ...)
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby DWildstar » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:59 am

Demongod wrote:
Visfarix wrote:
Otonashi wrote: I'm just a glutton for punishment.

QFT.

This jab at Otonashi is a completely unnecessary post Demongod. If you have nothing to contribute to the thread than provoking others then keep it to yourself.

And Peralisc, I'm sure Otonashi is smart enough to know what QFT stands for, if you really wanted to tell him what QFT meant you could've PMed him instead of posting without contributing to the topic at hand.
DWildstar

Postby Visfarix » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:24 am

DWildstar wrote:
Demongod wrote:
Visfarix wrote: I'm just a glutton for punishment.

QFT.

This jab at Otonashi is a completely unnecessary post Demongod. If you have nothing to contribute to the thread than provoking others then keep it to yourself.

Interestingly enough, I do believe I'm the one who said "I'm just a glutton for punishment." I don't really care though if you poke fun of me since I'm a rather hard to offend type of person.

On another note, I do believe this type of idea has already been suggested, though I'm unsure whether or not it has been written up here in the forum before. I'm also really tired of reading ideas that have already been suggested in previous threads but have not been read by newbies coming in to the forum. Is it possible for someone to make a sticky or something that can chronicle/summarize most of the major ideas or threads that are likely to be repeated in the future? Then you can eliminate all the new threads that newbies coming to the planning bureau will make with their "great ideas" and all of us vets shooting them down with the well known reasons of why their idea can't possibly work.
Visfarix

Postby Demongod » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:28 am

Visfarix wrote:
On another note, I do believe this type of idea has already been suggested, though I'm unsure whether or not it has been written up here in the forum before. I'm also really tired of reading ideas that have already been suggested in previous threads but have not been read by newbies coming in to the forum. Is it possible for someone to make a sticky or something that can chronicle/summarize most of the major ideas or threads that are likely to be repeated in the future? Then you can eliminate all the new threads that newbies coming to the planning bureau will make with their "great ideas" and all of us vets shooting them down with the well known reasons of why their idea can't possibly work.

Quoting this for great justice.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Postby DanTheTimid » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:29 am

I don't really see anything coming from this thread as, as has been mentioned, this isn't really a new concept. I've personally been advocating for cards at every level pretty much since the games launch, and re-approach the topic every once in a while. My opinion still remains that I support an idea like this, with or with out point cards being given out in addition to a card at every level. As some one whose all be quit the game, even a change as small as this might tempt me into at least giving the game some of my free time again as I'd have something tangible to strive for. With the amount of playing time I'm currently capable of dedicating to alteil on a given week (time currently being used on other games) getting 10 more levels could take many months and is such a daunting task that it fails to to entice me into playing except when I login to find that through playing for other reasons I've managed to pull within a single level of getting said card. Being within a level of a card is enticing, your brain keeps telling you to keep playing just a little more and you'll be rewarded for your patience, but being within 2-10 levels isn't enticing at all and only manages to give you that feeling of "meh, its so far off, why even care".
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Eladin » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:05 pm

i've pretty much always agreed with this idea (or rather ones like it) something every level, nearly regardless of what it is, is a good thing because it gives people something to look forward to other than just another duel or what is essentially a pointless level. unless you get all soggy over having a high number next to the letters LV. dunno.
some of those rarities seem sorta low to me, but as a spender, i'll keep my mouth shut on that mark being as i'm sure free players have a few more slots to fill in that regard.
Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do. Strategy is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do.
- Savielly Tartakover
Eladin

Postby Xovian » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:25 pm

DanTheTimid wrote:I don't really see anything coming from this thread as, as has been mentioned, this isn't really a new concept. I've personally been advocating for cards at every level pretty much since the games launch, and re-approach the topic every once in a while. My opinion still remains that I support an idea like this, with or with out point cards being given out in addition to a card at every level. As some one whose all be quit the game, even a change as small as this might tempt me into at least giving the game some of my free time again as I'd have something tangible to strive for. With the amount of playing time I'm currently capable of dedicating to alteil on a given week (time currently being used on other games) getting 10 more levels could take many months and is such a daunting task that it fails to to entice me into playing except when I login to find that through playing for other reasons I've managed to pull within a single level of getting said card. Being within a level of a card is enticing, your brain keeps telling you to keep playing just a little more and you'll be rewarded for your patience, but being within 2-10 levels isn't enticing at all and only manages to give you that feeling of "meh, its so far off, why even care".

I concur. I was level 45 for how long? Finally made 46 yesterday.
Only reason i'm even playing that much in Folrart was because i'm one point card from 60, and more then half way through the FM to get it. The level up "feel good" you get at earlier levels disappears fast once you get into the 30's. Generally I' dont even pay attention to level anymore as there is no benefit in keeping track of it. If a change like this was done, at least then there would be something to look forward to, regardless of who you are.

And it goes with out saying, that's a great and very specific idea G.
The specifics are what made it so great, oft times this has been proposed everything was left rather vague even saying "left up to the staff" type of responses.
This type of specific, and balanced ideas are what this community needs.
I'm Chromatic, I embody all Spheres.
Xovian

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau