New way of obtaining cards

User suggestions to improve the game

New way of obtaining cards

Postby Demongod » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:15 pm

So I was thinking, since I already made this topic:

http://www.alteil.com/forum/index.php?f ... =viewtopic

Of how we encourage players to come and *stay playing*.

So then I came up with this idea:

Receive a number of point cards equal to the number of days in a row you played at least a single duel in Alteil. If you miss a day, it restarts. But that seemed like it'd run the risk of massive inflation, so then I decided on this scheme.

Point counter. It adds the number of points equal to the number of days in a row you played at least a single duel in Alteil. However, if you miss a day, it goes back to zero and you get nothing. Players would have the option of "cashing out" and receiving a number of point cards equivalent to the number of points they accumulated in the point counter.

Think about this: players aren't robots, and they have lives, and the tendency not to play computer games every day. So, this would help those that really want to play but not necessarily have the cards, and not really affect those who only come and go. If you want to really get into the game, this would be an awesome mechanic for letting the new guys build up a decent file if they're willing to stick around.

Essentially what I'm relying on here are the two counter-forces of greed and probability.

Or would that simply have the "WE PAID FOR OUR CARDS AND WANT THE NEWBIES TO SUFFER LIKE WE DID, TOO!" crowd go up in arms?
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Re: New way of obtaining cards

Postby Peralisc2 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:17 pm

Why not just add FM/gran reward for defeating NPCils, then it will be same as elementals and elementals is considered fine at how grindable it is ... :lol:
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Demongod » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:04 pm

The problem with that is that it simply creates another grind. My method would actually encourage people to play against each other and thereby have more matches going on between more people with everyone being able to improve their decks.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

Demongod

Postby Multi » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:46 pm

5 of 7 events do that already. I'm against any suggestions that increase the number of point cards players receive outside of purchasing them with FM. Your suggestion involves being able to receive WAY WAY WAY too many point cards in the first place. People would just play enough to meet a quota anyways, that's what I did for 5 of 7. If I could do something with FM, I'd probably grind out matches against players instead though.

What I DO want is a repricing on FM point cards so they aren't nearly worthless, becoming the "point cards" for completing sets of point cards from events. Then players could just grind for FM without any programming nonsense. Also FM lotto would also be a fine addition to our alteil, and placate some of the free players at least.
Image Sometimes, it's like this.
Multi

Postby Demongod » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:48 pm

I think you're severely missing the point here, Multi. The point is to reduce the grind such that no matchup gets decided by who got the luckier lottery/box draws.

As for players playing to meet a quota, isn't that better than players leaving the game because they got discouraged by getting curbstomped by a deck of an opponent who simply was around longer and either spent more money or grinded for more cards in some other fashion?

Demongod

Postby Multi » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:03 pm

Demongod wrote:I think you're severely missing the point here, Multi. The point is to reduce the grind such that no matchup gets decided by who got the luckier lottery/box draws.

As for players playing to meet a quota, isn't that better than players leaving the game because they got discouraged by getting curbstomped by a deck of an opponent who simply was around longer and either spent more money or grinded for more cards in some other fashion?

If you want a game where there are no differences between files and everything is balanced, please go play something like chess. Maybe you haven't noticed, but even within matches, there is an element of luck between agi rolls and targeting as well.

Alteil isn't a game where you need to level up or gather up in game money to do ANYTHING. 90-100% of your gran will probably come outside of the actual game itself, Mirage master, so technically instead of you saying stuff like "reduce the grind," I'm suggesting we CREATE a REASON to grind, because as of this moment, there is practically no reason TO grind, so there IS NO grind. Once you pass level 30, the reqs for each level up card are so large, and point cards are so expensive, that the goal is too big and they no longer become incentives because of how distant they are for the majority of players. More playing would in turn give players more real playing experience as well, and they'll become stronger players for it.
Multi

Postby luckysvn777 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:13 pm

If not paying players were equal to paying players on average, people wouldn't pay and the business would fail. If you choose to stay free, you have to accept that gap. The game is coming up with as much as they can to ease the players in... not that they even need easing in, as many vets have proven the starters are potent enough.. In other words, you don't need to grind.. you just need to gain experience.. and i mean real experience, not in-game experience.

The biggest misconception in this game is that card make all the difference. Its maybe 30% of the difference, with pure experience in understanding and playing the game being 70% of the game. That's why players like Mavel can pick up almost any file and do incredibly well with it.

Go read Logress' newest post in the data collection topic in Crest Courtyard.
luckysvn777

Postby Multi » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:26 pm

luckysvn777 wrote:The biggest misconception in this game is that card make all the difference. Its maybe 30% of the difference, with pure experience in understanding and playing the game being 70% of the game.

87% of all internet statistics are made up. :D
I kid, what you said is relatively true, but I'd steer away from numbers and such when making such statements.
Multi

Postby luckysvn777 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:47 pm

That's why I said maybe, which was supposed to indicate that those aren't hard numbers but influenced by my opinion

So yea, i have no facts to back that up, just my personal experience having gone through the game
luckysvn777

Postby garcia1000 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:31 am

I think that is only true if card are of similar power level
for example the starter decks maybe similar around 2000-3000 power, so its' fair to play those
maybe if u add lapierre then the power gets to 4000!! But then even with a good skill you can beat that with a 2000 power deck

But the problem is some deck such as the shrine knight have power of over 9000!! no way to beat that with a 2000 power deck no matter how skill you are!!
"Pixies are all level 2, right? So why not try to drop cyclone on them?"
garcia1000

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau