New way of obtaining cards

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: New way of obtaining cards

Postby Demongod » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:43 am

luckysvn777 wrote:If not paying players were equal to paying players on average, people wouldn't pay and the business would fail. If you choose to stay free, you have to accept that gap. The game is coming up with as much as they can to ease the players in... not that they even need easing in, as many vets have proven the starters are potent enough.. In other words, you don't need to grind.. you just need to gain experience.. and i mean real experience, not in-game experience.

The biggest misconception in this game is that card make all the difference. Its maybe 30% of the difference, with pure experience in understanding and playing the game being 70% of the game. That's why players like Mavel can pick up almost any file and do incredibly well with it.

Go read Logress' newest post in the data collection topic in Crest Courtyard.

Bull. If you can simply pay your way to win, that's a loss for both sides. The newbies stay away because they realize this, and then the paid players have fewer people to play. Plus, would it really be fun for paid players to steamroll non-paying ones and then realize that they only won because they ebayed their way to victory, and didn't outplay their opponent?

What's the in-game upside to the whole paid model? For people to pay for an ego-boost over virtual goodies?

What's to stop the free players from leaving and leaving horrible reviews all over the internet? Just as I learned about this game from a forum, so too can I go back and torch it on that same one, and for the one player lured, you'll have another two that'll never play.

If your idea of a good game is one that is advertised as free and then bait and switches those same people, be my guest, but to me, that's blatantly false advertising.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Postby luckysvn777 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:14 am

So, if you gain nothing from paying... why bother to pay? The company needs to get its money from somewhere. As for what the upside for people to pay is.. well the same reason that people pay in other card games. To get more options and the slightly stronger rare cards. If all the hard-to-get cards were worse than the starters though, people wouldn't pay.. so there will always be a slight card gap. That's just the nature of the game. This is a card game, not an MMO, not an RPG. A card game. Just because its online doesn't change that basic nature.

And no, it certainly is not that extreme a situation. Because that slight card gap can be overcome by a better understanding of the game and knowledge in playing. So, people can't pay their way to victory. They can pay their way to copycat top files, but there will always be that gap in skill they would have to overcome as well. In other words, no matter how much you pay, you never really have that much of an advantage where you won't have to outplay your opponent.

Its when you combine a great player and great cards that you get those "unbeatable vets".. which even then aren't perfect and still lose to new players here and there.
luckysvn777

Postby Demongod » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:32 am

And usually, those who pay to win are the ones also around the longest. You're acting as though some newbie decided "hey I wanna randomly pwn people in some unknown online card game so I'm gonna shell out $1000 bucks to get an ego boost!"

Would those same vets beat us without paying for their better decks? Probably. But it doesn't change the fact that I got beat by someone who shelled out real money for virtual goods, which makes me want to say "f*ck you, I'll keep my money, and you can keep your virtual goods in your little sandbox amongst like-minded people who pay for intrinsically worthless garbage".

As for the company making money from somewhere, have you been blind to what I was posting?

SELL ADVERTISING SPACE FOR THOSE WHO HAVE TANGIBLE THINGS OF ACTUAL VALUE TO SELL.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

Demongod

Postby luckysvn777 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:02 am

Would those same vets beat us without paying for their better decks? Probably. But it doesn't change the fact that I got beat by someone who shelled out real money for virtual goods, which makes me want to say "f*ck you, I'll keep my money, and you can keep your virtual goods in your little sandbox amongst like-minded people who pay for intrinsically worthless garbage".

So, my question now is.. if that's your view of the game.. why are you here? Obviously the game and your mindset are not a match... soo.. why? Go find something tangible to play with instead if that's more important to you. We'll have our fun here, because that's what we want. With our "worthless garbage".
luckysvn777

Postby Demongod » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:47 am

luckysvn777 wrote:

So, my question now is.. if that's your view of the game.. why are you here? Obviously the game and your mindset are not a match... soo.. why? Go find something tangible to play with instead if that's more important to you. We'll have our fun here, because that's what we want. With our "worthless garbage".

Because the game is well-designed. It's the crap system that more or less states "when you hit level 15, if you don't plan on shelling out a ton of money for a game advertised as free, quit. Because you're not going to have fun anymore." that more or less tells all the freebies to leave.

Demongod

Postby luckysvn777 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:43 am

Too bad that's not as true as you seem to believe it is. Fact.

Or was it just a miracle that i consistently beat some top files with a mod Refess starter at level 16?
luckysvn777

Postby bob000 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:57 pm

Demon you seem to be incapable of accepting the concept of mutliple contributing variables. You create the false dichotomy of either victory is soley determined by skill level or victory is soley determined by money spent.
The rp range for a mod gowen starter is something like 1200-1800. The rp rangle for primclone is 1700-2200. That mean that a free gowen rush player could enter a tourney as a favorite over someone weilding what is regarded as by far the most powerful deck in the game.
bob000

Postby garcia1000 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:08 pm

but wat if they are both best? then its 1800 vs 2200!!
"Pixies are all level 2, right? So why not try to drop cyclone on them?"
garcia1000

Postby bob000 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:51 pm

If they are both world class players then the player with the starter is an underdog. But I think the key issue is if its possible to be competitive in Folrat with just a starter not if its possible to reach the rp leaderboard. I think its unreasonable to request that possessing more cards in a CCG have no noticeable advantage.

If you are the same garcia from kongai consider how you would do against say shadowinfinity if you had not purchased or earned throgh promotion items for your characters.
bob000

Postby garcia1000 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:36 am

I am the same guy and actually i got to the top 10 in kongai leaderboard using all random!
"Pixies are all level 2, right? So why not try to drop cyclone on them?"
garcia1000

Previous

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau