More suggestions

User suggestions to improve the game

More suggestions

Postby Demongod » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:37 pm

Since I have three ideas at once:

1) When you obtain a card, you can choose to put between 1-3 in your deck. If you put even one, you can't then go and recycle it (obviously). That way, as soon as someone obtains a card, they can put it in their deck instead of saying "well it sucks as a one-of" The randomness will still be kept in the game, of course, but it's just that players won't wind up piling up lots and lots of cards that they can't immediately use.

2) Make point cards cost an amount such that one day of reasonably playing Alteil would allow for one one-star card of a player's choice. Or perhaps two days, since it's a choice of a card. Either way, this should make FM more useful.

3) In Mirage Master, reveal the cards beforehand for 3/6/9 seconds for beginner/intermediate/expert respectively, so as to increase the memory aspect and reduce the luck aspect. Number of cards needed to set up the matches should then be increased as necessary to make up for the prior information.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Re: More suggestions

Postby Visfarix » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:28 pm

whooo been awhile since i posted but here goes.....
Demongod wrote:Since I have three ideas at once:

1) When you obtain a card, you can choose to put between 1-3 in your deck. If you put even one, you can't then go and recycle it (obviously). That way, as soon as someone obtains a card, they can put it in their deck instead of saying "well it sucks as a one-of" The randomness will still be kept in the game, of course, but it's just that players won't wind up piling up lots and lots of cards that they can't immediately use.

OK, I barely understand this one so correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you mean that players should be able to instantly use 3 of any card they get?

First of all that completely defeats the purpose of a TCG/CCG. Card games are about collecting cards and building decks around what you have, and possibly trading for what you need, to test your creativity, resourcefulness, and overall skill. Not for getting everything you need handed to you the moment you want it. Granted Alteil doesn't have a trading system, that just makes it part of the greater challenge. If you don't like the challenge, I suggest you leave.
Demongod wrote:2) Make point cards cost an amount such that one day of reasonably playing Alteil would allow for one one-star card of a player's choice. Or perhaps two days, since it's a choice of a card. Either way, this should make FM more useful.

This one has been done to death. Everyone has complained about the high FM price of point cards and how they need a price reduction, but you are making it too easy to get cards. Seriously man you're supposed to pay to get stuff. That's how card games work.
Demongod wrote:3) In Mirage Master, reveal the cards beforehand for 3/6/9 seconds for beginner/intermediate/expert respectively, so as to increase the memory aspect and reduce the luck aspect. Number of cards needed to set up the matches should then be increased as necessary to make up for the prior information.

I think you worded it wrong and meant to say "number of attempted matches should be decreased, rather than 'increased' like in your post". Anyway I think this is a good idea so I can support it.
Visfarix

Postby Demongod » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:52 pm

Visfarix wrote:whooo been awhile since i posted but here goes.....
Demongod wrote:Since I have three ideas at once:

OK, I barely understand this one so correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you mean that players should be able to instantly use 3 of any card they get?

First of all that completely defeats the purpose of a TCG/CCG. Card games are about collecting cards and building decks around what you have, and possibly trading for what you need, to test your creativity, resourcefulness, and overall skill. Not for getting everything you need handed to you the moment you want it. Granted Alteil doesn't have a trading system, that just makes it part of the greater challenge. If you don't like the challenge, I suggest you leave.
Demongod wrote:2) Make point cards cost an amount such that one day of reasonably playing Alteil would allow for one one-star card of a player's choice. Or perhaps two days, since it's a choice of a card. Either way, this should make FM more useful.

This one has been done to death. Everyone has complained about the high FM price of point cards and how they need a price reduction, but you are making it too easy to get cards. Seriously man you're supposed to pay to get stuff. That's how card games work.
Demongod wrote:3) In Mirage Master, reveal the cards beforehand for 3/6/9 seconds for beginner/intermediate/expert respectively, so as to increase the memory aspect and reduce the luck aspect. Number of cards needed to set up the matches should then be increased as necessary to make up for the prior information.

I think you worded it wrong and meant to say "number of attempted matches should be decreased, rather than 'increased' like in your post". Anyway I think this is a good idea so I can support it.

1) There is no trading in Alteil, and odds are, there won't be any. This has been done to death. As for collection, basically the problem here is this: in order to run a card successfully, you need perhaps 2 maybe 3 copies of it in order to revive it. Otherwise you're asking for losses. Therefore, a vast majority, and I mean vast majority of the cards you receive are literally worthless until you receive more copies which may take months.

2) You can already get one card a day from lotto by playing Mirage Master. By allowing players to get a card every other day from FM, I don't think this would suddenly break the game.

3) What I meant by the MM is this:

EG: Beginner is a 3x4 board (12 cards, 6 matches). However, it reveals no info and therefore Jr. Pro has a next to zero chance of you winning. However, if you were able to see the cards beforehand, it'd test your memory as to how well you remembered the locations of the cards, rather than pure luck. However, because the cards are initially revealed, what I suggest is that you have, say, a 4x4 board for beginner, for a total of 8 matches, rather than 6.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

Demongod

Postby Visfarix » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:09 pm

Demongod wrote:1) There is no trading in Alteil, and odds are, there won't be any. This has been done to death. As for collection, basically the problem here is this: in order to run a card successfully, you need perhaps 2 maybe 3 copies of it in order to revive it. Otherwise you're asking for losses. Therefore, a vast majority, and I mean vast majority of the cards you receive are literally worthless until you receive more copies which may take months.

2) You can already get one card a day from lotto by playing Mirage Master. By allowing players to get a card every other day from FM, I don't think this would suddenly break the game.

3) What I meant by the MM is this:

EG: Beginner is a 3x4 board (12 cards, 6 matches). However, it reveals no info and therefore Jr. Pro has a next to zero chance of you winning. However, if you were able to see the cards beforehand, it'd test your memory as to how well you remembered the locations of the cards, rather than pure luck. However, because the cards are initially revealed, what I suggest is that you have, say, a 4x4 board for beginner, for a total of 8 matches, rather than 6.

1) The heck are you talking about? Of course I know there won't be trading. I've been playing this game far longer than you realize and longer than most current players. That fact has already been accepted. What I'm saying is you have to make do with what you've got. Stop complaining about not having everything you need to make a good file. Oh only have one copy of a card? WELL GET USED TO IT AND TRY TO GET AROUND IT! CREATIVITY, RESOURCEFULNESS, AND SKILL! You are obviously missing one or more of these traits and lack the patience to devote time to train yourself. If you can't even try then GTFO!

2)While 1 card a day through point cards certainly won't break the game, easily allowing 1 5star card every 6 days WILL break the game. Even allowing every single player to easily get 1 5star card a month would kill the game.

3)Why are you defending this idea from me? I pointed out a potential grammatical error, and then supported your idea and you go off on some random tangent? I'm starting to think you don't even bother reading other peoples posts.
Visfarix

Postby luckysvn777 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:13 pm

Vis, you dun need to be rude. Yes I AM IRONIC AND HYPOCRITICAL. I'm sleepy, deal with it >:o

(side note, please respond like this: :lol: thank you)

Though I agree completely with your latest point 2.
luckysvn777

Postby Demongod » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:18 pm

1) As for one card creativity resourcefulness and skill...dude...chill out. If you rolled a one-of one or two star with no soul skill, why exactly would you suddenly put it in your file? Considering that first of all, most people run a 1-color file, slightly less than 3/4ths (soul skills not withstanding) of the cards they roll will be useless to them. Second of all, not every card has a soul skill so you can only use it as a color card.

2) A five-star every week would not be gamebreaking assuming that the game is balanced. A card's rarity should mean how specialized it is, and how unique it is, not how overpowered it is. Most decks don't run a zillion five-stars, so I think you're severely overreacting here, dude.

3) I wasn't defending myself. I was clarifying. While you got the general gist of things, it seems you slightly misunderstood my suggestion.

4) Chill out.

Demongod

Postby Ginnazoh » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:36 pm

1) chess and go offers you all the pieces at the beginning of a match. Although there is a color difference, that ivory color might give those pieces an unfair advantage over those ebony pieces, or the ebony color might give those pieces an unfair advantage over those white pieces! there is a reason its called COLLECTIBLE Card Game. Now, my English may not be that good as I was not born in an English speaking control but I believe that the meaning of collectible is "things considered to be worth collecting" or "subject to or requiring payment especially as specified." The above quoted parts are quoted from Princeton's WordNet. These definition is a bit wordy so I'm going to assume it to be even more simply and just assume that COLLECTIBLE Card Game would require COLLECTING and that COLLECTING is a major part of COLLECTIBLE Card Game. You know what else is worthless on it's own, a one dollar coin. I can't even buy a bus ticket with a dollar coin. Therefore, I think instead of giving me only an one dollar coin when the change is one dollar, they should give me 3 dollars since with 3 dollars I can at least get a bus ticket! Perfectly logical!

2) exactly what visfarix said is correct.
Are you not contradicting urself? you were the one complaining how the rich players are over powered because they have 5*s and 4*s and you said yourself they are game breakers. Now you are saying they are not and that having multiple of them is meaningless? Are you not defeating your own points?

And if you didnt know, 1 4 or 5* can break the game. Alteil is not that balanced if you have not noticed. Its something the game is working towards but we're not there yet...

3) yes something we agree on! doesn't the world feel so much nicer when the suggestion is a reasonable suggestion that we can all agree on! Your first suggestion was good, your second part is unnecessary and just creates more programming for the programmers on something that has a negative net worth. thank you.

ps lucky how are you staying up for your all nighter...i'm on my 20th cup of steep tea since 8 am...only 6 more hours before I can go to bed for good!
Ginnazoh

Postby luckysvn777 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:37 pm

1.) Well, with hopefully a way of getting more variety (do me a favor, look back in the news a month or two back, and read about the beginner packs they were selling. They aren't being sold now because the GM's are collecting the data from them, but they should return, since they were a great success) players wouldn't need to be restricted to just one sphere, which would certainly help with getting cards from the lotto.

2.) Trust me.. we don't want 5*'s to be that easy to get. 1-3*'s, sure, but 4-5*'s should be hard to get if only because a.) it makes each one earned special, and b.) it promotes more variety. The only thing i'd say to improve on with getting rares is making getting playsets of the rares you get single copies of easier to get (an idea the team is working on, so they say)
luckysvn777

Postby Visfarix » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:55 pm

1)Like I said. Get used to it. If you can't, leave. Not everything is supposed to be useful as soon as you get it.

2) This makes me wonder how long it has been since you've played a card game. Higher rarity cards are certainly more unique then lower rarity ones, but they are also supposed to be more powerful than lower rarity ones too. Have you played MTG recently? Some of the rare cards nowadays are so powerful some people think they are OP or broken. Same thing applies to Alteil, although I think that Alteil makes many of it's rarer cards too balanced, rather than powerful. Also balance in a game is nice to have, but you can't make everything perfectly balanced. Then things get boring and stale, and people stop playing and go for more exciting games.

3)Your right I did misread this one. Oh well. I still support it, but I think instead of increasing the number of cards to flip you should decrease the amount of flips they get.
Visfarix

Postby DDrgn » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:24 pm

For your Mirage Master suggestion, I find it easy enough to successfully get 20 gran per day. The only difficulty that seriously requires luck would be Beginner Jr.Pro. All the other difficulties are very possible with simple memorization, even Advanced Master. Some people have slower computers/worse connections, etc. so they can't/don't play the higher MM difficulties, and I don't know if showing the cards beforehand would solve that.

In short, I guess they could change MM a little, but it's perfectly fine if you ask me.
( ゚ ヮ゚)b
DDrgn

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau